Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,210 Posts
They did a coupe. I think another toy company did same, not sure why they went with something that's not out.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Test Drive Solstice in GT 4

Anyone with Grand Turismo Four Try this? I'd be curious what its like.

Apparently you can get the Sol 02 concept if you Get All Silver in Super License

PONTIAC Solstice Coupe Concept '02

·
Premium Member
8,901 Posts
sight unseen said:
Anyone with Grand Turismo Four Try this? I'd be curious what its like.

Apparently you can get the Sol 02 concept if you Get All Silver in Super License

PONTIAC Solstice Coupe Concept '02
If you're a freakin GT ninja you can get Silver in all the Super License.
You can drive it in normal mode without upgrades though.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
brentil said:
If you're a freakin GT ninja you can get Silver in all the Super License.
You can drive it in normal mode without upgrades though.
Cool, hows it sound/handle? I have heard that game is pretty accurate...

·
Registered
139 Posts
well the game is very accurate. the problem is its teh concept solstice and i dont believe there was ever a running solstice concept and if there was gt4 didnt get one to test.

·
Registered
284 Posts
godspeed06 said:
well the game is very accurate. the problem is its teh concept solstice and i dont believe there was ever a running solstice concept and if there was gt4 didnt get one to test.
There was a running concept, it was the one that Bob Lutz showed up on stage with at the 2002 NAIAS. That was more than likely the only running one as it was built for that sole purpose. That car was nothing more than a parts bin car built to run enough to drive onto the stage.

·
Registered
2,060 Posts
Wow, it sucks that I joined shortly after this thread died or I'd have had fun with it... however, I shall now breathe new life into it.

Gran Turismo 4 is actually how I found out about the Solstice. I got it and when I first saw it I was like "WTF is that thing? ...a Pontiac?! Weird, but it's pretty sweet looking." And I gave it a shot and right out of the box I loved the handling. Didn't get crazy sideways, so it wasn't too hard to control... but it didn't understeer either, I loved it. I then began to use the heck out of it and it became my favorite car. Then one day I saw a commercial that featured the Solstice and again I was like "WTF!?! This car is OUT? NFW!" Then I went to the Pontiac site and saw it and I've been head over heels ever since. I drive a beat up 91 240SX and have been looking to replace it with something newer, so I was planning on getting a 96 240 (I swear I've told this story before). After constant nagging from my mother that getting a 10 year old car isn't acceptable because it'll have the same problems as the one I've got and I should get a newer car and blah, blah, blah... I noticed this Solstice thing's MSRP was 20k and I just sh*t myself. I said "Okay mom, you want me to get a new car... this is it!"

Anyway, enough with the history and on to the present...

I am currently running in the 24 hour endurance race at Nurburgring. I decided a couple weeks ago that I wanted to attempt this baby in one fell swoop, all 24 hours! Long story short, it didn't happen that way... I started it almost 2 weeks ago on a Wednesday. I went to bed early on Tuesday and got up at midnight with the intent of driving the entire 24 hours of Wednesday. I got about 11 hours in and was worn out, so it's spent the last week and a half paused and I've worked a little bit on it every night. I'm at about 14 hours in now and coming up this Tue/Wed I'm off again, so I'm gonna try and finish it up. Anyway, I went back and forth on what sort of car I should use to line up against the likes of a Skyline GT-R, Opel Calibra, Mercedes Evolution race car, and two JGTC cars; an Autobacs MR-S and a Razo Silvia. I really wanted a challenge to keep my attention for the long race, and had long decided that I wanted to use the Sol. I ended up tuning it to about 303hp, full customize 6 speed tranny, lightened it a good bit and added sticky racing tires and wing for extra downforce and (I think) I modded the suspension. Anyway, this has been one great race. When I get done I'll start a thread with more detail and I also intend to post highlights of the replay video for you guys to watch. So keep an eye out!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts