Pontiac Solstice Forum banner
21 - 35 of 35 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,901 Posts
MisterE: PM sent about emailing me the photos.

·
Registered
40 Posts
DLD84 said:
Looking at those BMW 645 pics, their computer interface looks sweet! Is the solstice information center option similar? Ive not seen any info on it
It is nowhere near as sophisticated, it is more like the Onboard computer option on the 3 series.

The Driver Information Center (DIC) in the Solstice will provide:

1. Trip odometers
2. Average fuel economy
3. Range on remaining fuel
4. Oil Life
5. Other configuration options (like if your horn honks when you lock your car)

Check this forum for the parts of the instruction manual that show you how it functions, and other details...

http://www.solsticeforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2328&highlight=driver+information+center

·
Registered
146 Posts
thanx

MisterE said:
Sorry guys,

I have more photos but no matter how small I go I keep getting the following message:
File Too Large. Limits are 2500 x 2500. Your file is 2580 x 1932.

They started out at 5MP and I'm using photo editor
Thanks for sharing... if you have other pictures that you can't size, maybe you can email them to one of the pro's here and they can down size them for you.
?

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
brentil said:
MisterE: PM sent about emailing me the photos.

Hi All,

Photos have been sent to Brentil. I tried to get a few of the top, and yes it looks very good! Not funky like some of the early photos.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Top looks great but get a look at that fuggly antenna that wasn't incorporated into the window, or many of the preview shots. We'll have to find alternatives per another thread, but this pic clearly shows the postion.

·
Premium Member
8,901 Posts
Here's the images 1-5. 2500x1900 res. They range from 400kb-900kb. I kept them large cause they looked so good, however I did compress them down a good bit.

Attachments

·
Registered
515 Posts
Man! I really like how that Sly sits on the car in real world pictures. BUT, my initial concerns about the silver trim around the windshield drawing the eye on a dark car were correct. I'm glad I went with Cool, but wish that trim was body-matched.

In any event, great pictures. Worth the wait for hi-res images.

·
Registered
281 Posts
Thanks for the pix, nice job!

Hate the antenna, too. That's a terrible place for it.

Why couldn't they bury a cheap pull-up antenna in the right or left windshield frame? That would've looked bad, too, but it would've been cheaper than a glass mounted hidden antenna, and looked a little better, at least.

·
Registered
515 Posts
Upon further examination...

• Were you trying to block out the license plate?
  • Check out the fit issues at the top-front corner of the drivers door in the last pic from the first series. Whew!

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
Hey Brentil,

Thanks for posting the photos!

Glad I could finally contribute something to the forum after all the great info and converstation it has given me!

·
Premium Member
8,901 Posts
MisterE said:
Hey Brentil,

Thanks for posting the photos!

Glad I could finally contribute something to the forum after all the great info and converstation it has given me!
No problem. I'm always glad to help out with thing slike this. It's always great to see new images. :thumbs:

·
Premium Member
4,041 Posts
I was at a used car showroom last night that my dealer has in Ohio. ( my firm designed the building for them) In their show room was a '63 'Vette convertible. It's surprising how similar the rear deck attachment appears to be to that on the new Sol. As a famous catcher once said, "It's dejavu all over again"

21 - 35 of 35 Posts