Pontiac Solstice Forum banner
1 - 20 of 95 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I thought I was seeing things on my way home from work. In the truck stop in North Lima, OH was 2 truckloads of new Solstices. After taking a bunch of pictures, the drivers came outside to talk. They said the units are pilot cars, headed to Warren, MI for testing at GM's test center. I took a picture of a VIN number since I have seen a few people asking for a VIN to check insurance costs. Hope the image hosting works.

If the pics don't show up, or links don't work, please let me know how to make them work so we can share this with the board. Thanks.

·
Registered
479 Posts
Just the fix I needed!

Thanks, man wish I could look at one close up, were my eyes deceiving or are the wrinkles gone from the top, I know how we all love to hear thar ?

·
Registered
50 Posts
How lucky can ya get..besdies having one delivered to your house! Great post...appreciate the pics..but now I'll be out looking for me a semi full of Solsti (guess that's the correct plural??)

·
Registered
73 Posts
Wow

Wow great pictures! The RED looks better and better every day! It still makes me wonder if i should change my order. If I remember correctly you can't get the steel/sand interior with red right?

·
Premium Member
7,210 Posts
Wow, great find, thanks. Any idea where they are headed to? Where did you spot these?

·
Premium Member
569 Posts
Beatuful!!!

Any comments on top wrinkling.. I can't really tell from the photos....

·
Registered
180 Posts
I'm impressed with the top, and rear end fitment. The Hood and front bumper seems to line up pretty well now. The only issue I still see is the hood/ front fender mating area.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Jus2shy said:
I'm impressed with the top, and rear end fitment. The Hood and front bumper seems to line up pretty well now. The only issue I still see is the hood/ front fender mating area.
indeed, its even more obvious when you have other photos showing the fit at the rear of the car (which is very good).

How many test mules are they building and sending to Michigan?

·
Dragon Rider
1,071 Posts
nyca said:
how long before GM asks this thread be pulled?
If my reasoning is correct, I don't think the issue with SouthernSol's thread was the pics. The issue I would think was the source comments and the fact that she shouldn't have been on the grounds (in GM's opinion, that is.:D)

·
Registered
114 Posts
"source comments", what do you mean?

Power Pontiac, email your photos to Autoweek. It will serve two purposes - the car looks good in these shots, and there is very little "hype" out there for it right now. Regarding the nose fit, perhaps if a magazine publishes a comment on that, GM will move their butts and resolve it, and move to general production.

·
Registered
120 Posts
bigjon

They look mighty fine to me. I agree that the hood fender fit needs a little work but the rest is A OK. Small downer, does one of the pictures showing the rear of the car also show a slight bow up at the right rear corner of the top? Can I please have mine now!

·
Registered
118 Posts
WOW GREAT PICTURES :cheers:

Brightened my day up-BIG Time

THANKS

1 - 20 of 95 Posts