Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, just new to the forum! Just thought you guys would like to know what I saw yesterday. I was down in Windsor, Ontario (just across the border from Detroit, Michigan if any of you don't know) when I spotted a Soltice at a stoplight just before the bridge to Detroit. The front end was covered up with what looked like a big bug guard but it was clearly there to cover up the Pontiac symbol and hide the car, but you could make out the Pontiac grill which made me realize this was the Soltice. My girlfriend confirmed it was a Soltice as well seince it looked nothing like any other car on the road today. It was being driven by an older man who was probably a GM bigwig testing out the car. I'm not a harcore fan of the Soltice, but I do think it's a sweet looking car and from what I seen it'll clearly turn heads.

·
Registered
504 Posts
Welcome,ehh.I'd like to feast my eyes on a Solstice,thanks for the sighting details. :cool:

·
Registered
496 Posts
Windsor sighting

Jippy said:
Hey guys, just new to the forum! Just thought you guys would like to know what I saw yesterday. I was down in Windsor, Ontario (just across the border from Detroit, Michigan if any of you don't know) when I spotted a Soltice at a stoplight just before the bridge to Detroit. The front end was covered up with what looked like a big bug guard but it was clearly there to cover up the Pontiac symbol and hide the car, but you could make out the Pontiac grill which made me realize this was the Soltice. My girlfriend confirmed it was a Soltice as well seince it looked nothing like any other car on the road today. It was being driven by an older man who was probably a GM bigwig testing out the car. I'm not a harcore fan of the Soltice, but I do think it's a sweet looking car and from what I seen it'll clearly turn heads.
Must be the same car I saw going westbound on the 401 at Ingersoll at around 7:00 P:M

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
Jippy said:
The front end was covered up with what looked like a big bug guard but it was clearly there to cover up the Pontiac symbol and hide the car, but you could make out the Pontiac grill which made me realize this was the Soltice.
Actually, that's just the design of the bra for the car. If you haven't seen them before, car bras are as you said, made to protect the nose of the car from bugs and stone chips and also accent the car a bit. I like the look on a lot of cars, but I'm not wild about it on the Solstice. The fact that it covers the Pontiac logo isn't to camoflage it or anything ... just the way it was made. Some bras cut a hole for the logo and others don't. I think I've seen it both ways for the Z3 bras, depending on the manufacturer.

There are some pics of cars with the bra in various threads here and also some discussion of various types of bras, including the clear protective bras by 3M.

·
Premium Member
5,849 Posts
Cool! My chosen favourite colour.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts