Pontiac Solstice Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Some people happy, more are disappointed.

Wouldn't this be a way for GM to solve the problem? Everyone who placed an order yesterday would be considered EOP. First 5000. Everyone gets a dash badge, certificate of authenticity, 1:18 scale model and VIN number between 1 and 5000. Now everyone is happy. I win, you win, GM wins. Problem solved.

How about it GM? A public relations coup.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,312 Posts
:agree:


Good idea on paper, but tough to produce 5000 EARLY production cars.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,729 Posts
Blk37Special said:
Some people happy, more are disappointed.

Wouldn't this be a way for GM to solve the problem? Everyone who placed an order yesterday would be considered EOP. First 5000. Everyone gets a dash badge, certificate of authenticity, 1:18 scale model and VIN number between 1 and 5000. Now everyone is happy. I win, you win, GM wins. Problem solved.

How about it GM? A public relations coup.
I like it. In fact, why not make it a "First day offered for sale" designation. That would be a legitimate acknowledgment. Even if it took a bit longer to deliver, it would still be a nice reward for the additional 4000 of us. Of course, hopefully it would be at MSRP like the first 1000. :party:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
189 Posts
Blk37Special said:
Some people happy, more are disappointed.

Wouldn't this be a way for GM to solve the problem? Everyone who placed an order yesterday would be considered EOP. First 5000. Everyone gets a dash badge, certificate of authenticity, 1:18 scale model and VIN number between 1 and 5000. Now everyone is happy. I win, you win, GM wins. Problem solved.

How about it GM? A public relations coup.
Id agree, I would think its more about having the series'd vin, and the badge, the couple of perks that come with it, not the exact number itself, 1000, 5000, wouldnt really make a difference, except production time
 

·
Mod Emeritus
Joined
·
7,468 Posts
Nice idea in concept, but it waters down the exlusivity of the first 1000.

Maybe GM missed the boat here, as they seem to have underestimated the initial demand for pre-ordering. They have even admitted in their own release to dealers that they had an extraordinary turnout! Maybe they will decide to do something to hook up those who wanted an EOP car and missed out!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
228 Posts
Perhaps gm will do something special for us who went straight from the wait list to order our retail car. "Maybe if you order a retail car by such and such date you get a numbered vin and badge up to 1000 more" This time dont go announce it and have mass panic. Save it for those that are obviously still serious about the car.

Dont know maybe im saying that cause thats what I did lol

Ive been kinda thinking lately they should of done the eop up to say 2006 to mark the first year the car was built.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
7,210 Posts
Who knows, after the response to this car GM could be plotting any number of things to get more cars out to market soon. I'm not sure how many shifts they had planned for this summer but that's always an option to get 3 shifts going after they prove the quality is there on the first run.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
600 Posts
mceb said:
Who knows, after the response to this car GM could be plotting any number of things to get more cars out to market soon. I'm not sure how many shifts they had planned for this summer but that's always an option to get 3 shifts going after they prove the quality is there on the first run.
Your idea of 3 shifts would get plent of the vehicles out this summer and help get the Sky out on time next year. Just hope your idea gets heard soon.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
14 Posts
These are not "Early Production" cars, they are the first 1000 retail orders placed. They will be produced at the same time as the dealers normal 4-month allocation
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
80 Posts
or for the remaining 4000 of us GM can make a plaque that says


"4000 hardcore Solstice fans that waited for 3 years and deserve nothing but to be treated with loyalty as they treated us"


meh, Ill just take the car, they can keep the plaque
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
7,210 Posts
SolAnonInsider said:
These are not "Early Production" cars, they are the first 1000 retail orders placed. They will be produced at the same time as the dealers normal 4-month allocation
Thanks, great news for the non-EOPers.
 

·
Senior Member
Joined
·
5,641 Posts
SolAnonInsider said:
These are not "Early Production" cars, they are the first 1000 retail orders placed. They will be produced at the same time as the dealers normal 4-month allocation
Not sure how that would work. Production is slated to start the week of May 31st. The normal 4-month allocation is for July-August-September-October production. If The EOP cars are built during those four months, what exactly will they be duing with the cars built from May 31 to June 30th?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
137 Posts
Hey, ordered on first day "badges" might be cool. and I sure would not turn down a 1:18 scale model. Hey GM Step up, lets see a little compassion.
Waitlisted
and on Dealer Allocation order.
 
1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Top