Pontiac Solstice Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Decided to add some Chrome bling to my Coupe to give it a "pop". Got these products from Kappawindblade. Raymond is a cool guy to deal with. I asked him to make me a set of "vent dent" covers as ASAP is not selling at this point ( I did ask Tony) and here they are.....

Attachments

·
Premium Member
3,386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
The "Ace of Spades"

I have named my Coupe the "Ace of Spades". Again, asked Raymond to make this design for me ......

Attachments

·
Premium Member
3,386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Back up light covers

I like the "pop" this gives to her. Many thanks to Jackl's Garage for the steady hand and eye. He installed and I assisted.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
3,386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
One more shot without my finger....

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,042 Posts
So you come on here giving us the finger, and bragging about your new fancy bling stuff. Northern Boys and their Toys!!!!

Looks great man. I really like the fuse box cover.

Being that you had the first luggage rack that I had ever seen, was wondering if you know of a place to buy the attaching bolts, or know anyone wanting to sell them. Shot in the dark, but I have two, but only one set of bolts/tie downs.

·
Premium Member
3,386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
So you come on here giving us the finger, and bragging about your new fancy bling stuff. Northern Boys and their Toys!!!!

Looks great man. I really like the fuse box cover.

Being that you had the first luggage rack that I had ever seen, was wondering if you know of a place to buy the attaching bolts, or know anyone wanting to sell them. Shot in the dark, but I have two, but only one set of bolts/tie downs.
I have no idea about the bolts. I don't think they were ever sold separately. Perhaps try reaching out to Tom at Crate Engine? I would start a WTB thread on this Forum. Throw it out there and be patient. I found the OEM console bag this way.

·
Premium Member
2,042 Posts
I think I have already found them. Hey you never know unless you ask.

Glad you are making it yours. Seems to me a lot of the coupes, remain stock, but your mods are not mods in my eyes. It can go back to original in a matter of minutes.

I had hoped to see your cars at the National, maybe if we have the 2018 NASSAM in Ouray, you can bring them there.

·
Premium Member
3,386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

Glad you are making it yours. Seems to me a lot of the coupes, remain stock, but your mods are not mods in my eyes. It can go back to original in a matter of minutes.

I had hoped to see your cars at the National, maybe if we have the 2018 NASSAM in Ouray, you can bring them there.
Glad to hear you might have them. I love mods and making a car mine. However, with the Coupe you are right, I can go back to stock by removing them in seconds. As for Nationals, the wife and I will be going to Lexington next year. I plan to drive the Coupe to it.

·
Registered
2009 Mysterious GXP Coupe #100
2,734 Posts

Bwahahajajaha mine hasn't been stock since the day I brought it home... :)

The key is to make mods that aren't obvious to those that don't know the cars well. I like my mods to look like they COULD be stock. Most people guess the wheels (fine, they're black OZ Ultraleggera) and the roof (nope, that's stock)

·
Premium Member
3,386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Bwahahajajaha mine hasn't been stock since the day I brought it home... :)

The key is to make mods that aren't obvious to those that don't know the cars well. I like my mods to look like they COULD be stock. Most people guess the wheels (fine, they're black OZ Ultraleggera) and the roof (nope, that's stock)
Totally agree. With my roadster the greatest compliment I would get from fellow "Sol Mates" was "that is the way it should of come from the factory".

·
Registered
7,664 Posts
Yeah, my mods tend to be low key as well, in terms of visibility - mostly performance. I did one performance mod that ended me up following through on the bling path - did the DDM shifter, ( mcu better shift feel) and ended up installing a light weight wood Lambo knob I happened to have around and then thought that having wood sections in the steering wheel would look pretty good, so did that.

People always mistake it for stock interior.

I have the 'vent' covers from Tony, but decided not to install them - just didn't strike me as looking as if it could have been stock.

Your mods look good.

·
Premium Member
2,042 Posts
I am getting one from Rob. He took his off.

I'm over the top on mine. I admit it. But it is the way I want it. But all of it can come off in a couple of days. Except for the Saturn bump, but I bought another rear bumper so I could replace it if I or someone else decided to.

I enjoyed looking at the cars at the Nationals. I had hoped you two, plus StingYa and ChopTop would have been there. I doubt I am doing Lexington, unless we ship the car and fly in. Too much for me. Springdale, with the trip to Missouri, it was just under 4K miles. Going to Lexington would be closer to 5K by the time we got home. I was done this time, a year older and another 1k miles, just don't think it will happen.

I am working with Rob to have a National/Regional in Ouray, Colorado. I am headed there next Friday for our 10th annual Toyota FJ Cruiser Summit. Will try to set up the hotel and tents for the Kappa event while I am there. It is still a 1600 plus mile trip for me, and like a lot of us, not getting any younger!!!

·
Premium Member
3,386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I am getting one from Rob. He took his off.

I'm over the top on mine. I admit it. But it is the way I want it. But all of it can come off in a couple of days. Except for the Saturn bump, but I bought another rear bumper so I could replace it if I or someone else decided to.

I enjoyed looking at the cars at the Nationals. I had hoped you two, plus StingYa and ChopTop would have been there. I doubt I am doing Lexington, unless we ship the car and fly in. Too much for me. Springdale, with the trip to Missouri, it was just under 4K miles. Going to Lexington would be closer to 5K by the time we got home. I was done this time, a year older and another 1k miles, just don't think it will happen.

I am working with Rob to have a National/Regional in Ouray, Colorado. I am headed there next Friday for our 10th annual Toyota FJ Cruiser Summit. Will try to set up the hotel and tents for the Kappa event while I am there. It is still a 1600 plus mile trip for me, and like a lot of us, not getting any younger!!!
I hear you. Worst case I might fly out to Colorado and gawk at Kappas and hang out. Every year I don't go I regret it. 6 hours a day is my driving max so that is why I did not go to Akansas.

·
Premium Member
3,386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Yeah, my mods tend to be low key as well, in terms of visibility - mostly performance. I did one performance mod that ended me up following through on the bling path - did the DDM shifter, ( mcu better shift feel) and ended up installing a light weight wood Lambo knob I happened to have around and then thought that having wood sections in the steering wheel would look pretty good, so did that.

People always mistake it for stock interior.

I have the 'vent' covers from Tony, but decided not to install them - just didn't strike me as looking as if it could have been stock.

Your mods look good.
Thanks Bill. The Chrome mods have a nice pop. However, if I get tired of them I can remove them. I am just loving being a coupe man.

·
Premium Member
2,042 Posts
Jokingly, I told the other half the other day we needed a 2009 Coupe. We have a 2006,2007,2008, we have to finish the project. I did not mention there were a few 2010's. Her comment was, do you think we can find a brazen one? She does not much care for the coupe's, according to her. But she spent a considerable amount of time looking at them. I know Hoosier is working on a salvage title one. Don't know if he has sold it or not. Too soon right now though. I am kind of burnt out on working on cars. Have too much work, and this gray thing put we way behind.

Have fun with it this summer sir!

·
Premium Member
3,386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Jokingly, I told the other half the other day we needed a 2009 Coupe. We have a 2006,2007,2008, we have to finish the project. I did not mention there were a few 2010's. Her comment was, do you think we can find a brazen one? She does not much care for the coupe's, according to her. But she spent a considerable amount of time looking at them. I know Hoosier is working on a salvage title one. Don't know if he has sold it or not. Too soon right now though. I am kind of burnt out on working on cars. Have too much work, and this gray thing put we way behind.

Have fun with it this summer sir!
I think you must get a coupe to finish the linage. You are my hero!!!!

·
Premium Member
3,386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Very nice. Glad you approved of the name suggestion. You've done well with it.
I owe you a "thanks" for "Ace of Spades" name.:thumbs::thumbs:

1 - 20 of 22 Posts