18,091 Posts
Nice
Well done.

I have Norms GTO hood
and custom fenders
and custom rear valence
and side skirts
and front splitter

Might say I like Norm as much as you do. :) Always nice to meet another fan of Norm.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Nice
Well done.

I have Norms GTO hood
and custom fenders
and custom rear valence
and side skirts
and front splitter

Might say I like Norm as much as you do. :) Always nice to meet another fan of Norm.
Thanks!
I saw a photo floating around on the internet last year of a Solstice that looked like it was going undergoing a massive body transformation. But I saw that it had this crazy looking Viper hood and I knew I had to have it haha.
Turns out, it was a car that Norm was working on for a client pretty local to me. He had the Viper hood with these fender flares attached to the sides because his tires were massive.
That man somehow fit a whole LS9 under the hood of that thing so it made sense why he chose a cowl hood, maybe even as a custom request.

·
Registered
379 Posts
I know I will take flack for this and apologies ahead of time but I think Pontiac nailed it out of the gate. These seem like downgrades.
Reminds me of the saying "just because you can doesn't mean you should. "

Let the flogging begin.

·
Premium Member
2008 Pontiac Solstice GXP - Mysterious (with unkown origin blue sparkle in rear bumper cover paint)
3,375 Posts
I know I will take flack for this and apologies ahead of time but I think Pontiac nailed it out of the gate. These seem like downgrades.
Reminds me of the saying "just because you can doesn't mean you should. "

Let the flogging begin.
It’s all aesthetics and thus in the eye of the beholder or more importantly “the owner”.
For me parts of my aesthetic leanings self admittedly revolve around my teenage years and vehicles I interacted with. I’d love to get a set of retro ralley style US MAG Trans Am wheels (if I could afford them). I’d probably be the only one that loved them. But I wouldn’t be putting them on for anyone else but me.
If it makes ya happy :)

·
Registered
2008 Solstice, 2.4L 5 Speed, Dark Gray with a good looking dude behind the wheel. (My Son)
437 Posts
It’s all aesthetics and thus in the eye of the beholder or more importantly “the owner”.

SNIP

If it makes ya happy :)
While I whole heartedly agree, my first thought was, Ya Can't Hide Money. ;)

Rams :D

·
Premium Member
18,091 Posts
I really like my GTO hood. It is not far from stock but provides a lot of added air flow. Also, I love the 67 GTO.

Car Vehicle Hood Automotive lighting Grille

·
Premium Member
18,091 Posts
I know that is all that matters. But a lot of others like it as well. Some people are just into "stock" which obviously I am not.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
@Alex_GXP did you paint the windshield surround yourself?
Its a vinyl wrap installed by my local tint shop. I might get both the headlight tint and windshield wrap installed again, they have a little bit of rock chips and are starting to bubble up a little bit around the edges.
The shop also had a black with a little bit of a flake look which really matched my Magnetic Black paint (not OEM paint) but against my better judgment, I just went with plain gloss black.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts