Pontiac Solstice Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
4,135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just to update you guy's. They are working 9 1/2 hour days all the time even on Saturday's . They are working two shifts on Saturday's when they work. There are 6 more Saturday's scheuled till the end of the year 2 more in Oct, 2 in november then two in December. Today is NOT a holiday for them they will be working. They are doing work inside the plant to try to increase production. That's all I have for now, it's a VERY reliable source that all I can say.

·
Registered
905 Posts
Sweet news! Hopefully my car is built today.

·
Premium Member
5,691 Posts
MSG_McKee said:
Today is a holiday? ;) :confused: :lol:
In the way only America can do. Monday closest to the real thing :willy: Why in my day we had our holidays on the day they were supposed to be...and we liked it! Why next thing you know 2006 4th of July will be on the 3rd. :brentil:

·
Registered
4,135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
achieftain said:
In the way only America can do. Monday closest to the real thing :willy: Why in my day we had our holidays on the day they were supposed to be...and we liked it! Why next thing you know 2006 4th of July will be on the 3rd. :brentil:

:agree:

·
Registered
670 Posts
Thursday - maybe?

Our dealer told us that trucking company called and said that our car is due there Thursday! Saturday at dealer there was a district manager there with a Pure pre-production - 100474 I think - car was really nice but did have quite a few fit and finish problems - paint chipped at some points - hoping all that is behind them and our Agressive will be fine. Updates to follow. :willy: :willy: :cool:

·
Registered
705 Posts
deluke said:
Just to update you guy's. They are working 9 1/2 hour days all the time even on Saturday's . They are working two shifts on Saturday's when they work. There are 6 more Saturday's scheuled till the end of the year 2 more in Oct, 2 in november then two in December. Today is NOT a holiday for them they will be working. They are doing work inside the plant to try to increase production. That's all I have for now, it's a VERY reliable source that all I can say.
Indeed great news...for others. I have moved on from the pain that is waiting for my car to be built to the pain of waiting for it to be delivered. Don't know when the dealer 1st got the invoice but it's been 2+ weeks since he told me about it. Almost there!

·
Registered
1,458 Posts
brian carpenter said:
Our dealer told us that trucking company called and said that our car is due there Thursday! Saturday at dealer there was a district manager there with a Pure pre-production - 100474 I think - car was really nice but did have quite a few fit and finish problems - paint chipped at some points - hoping all that is behind them and our Agressive will be fine. Updates to follow. :willy: :willy: :cool:
I have the Red Solstice. I spent 4 hours polishing her saturday. I used to have a job a few years back that involved very close visual inspections.
I can tell you my 1145 paint is just about PERFECT!

There is one small black mark inside the door jam on the left side.

I didn't try to buff it out yet as it doesn't show from the outside of the Car. But I will.

On the rear deck area where you push in the pins to hold the Top in place, there is a protective clear plastic covering from the buttress holes to the front of the clamshell lid. I found 2 small impressions in the protective clear plastic covering with nicks in the coating.

When you hit the button to release the trunk, the pins holding the top down, come flying out instantly. That 1 second of movement could be what has caused the slight nicks.

The paint under the coating is fine, BUT, now before I release the top, I place a soft cloth under each pin in the area of the protective coating. The cloth seems to absorb the possible chance of a quick nick.

Other than that, my Red shines Beautiful. I used NuFinish wax, and I didn't see any imperfections in the paint. There is no orange peel effect like I have read in other posts. Everyone so far that has seen it, and that isn't too many people, because it won't stop raining up here in Maine (And I will not be driving in the rain, snow, etc.) Well everone has the same comment after a few minutes of awe, I WANT ONE!.

Mitch :)

·
Registered
4,135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Pterosaur said:
Indeed great news...for others. I have moved on from the pain that is waiting for my car to be built to the pain of waiting for it to be delivered. Don't know when the dealer 1st got the invoice but it's been 2+ weeks since he told me about it. Almost there!

TRe real problem is when it goes by train, it could seem to take forever.

·
Registered
670 Posts
And some bad news

My dealer who has been great thru the whole process said friday that all future orders will probably be marked up $1500. Could not say why - not his choice. :brentil:

·
Registered
201 Posts
deluke said:
TRe real problem is when it goes by train, it could seem to take forever.
Does anyone know the radius for delivery that will be truck shipped as opposed to train, or is it more complicated than that? It would give those of us who live five states away an estimated time frame for delivery.

·
Registered
4,135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 · (Edited)
ralph_on_me said:
Does anyone know the radius for delivery that will be truck shipped as opposed to train, or is it more complicated than that? It would give those of us who live five states away an estimated time frame for delivery.
I know all New England goes by truck only, PA- Truck right now thats all I know for sure. I think mid west goes by train. Of course west, train.

·
Registered
271 Posts
I think the major problem now is just getting the things shipped. They make them in a day but it takes weeks to ship them. Is it only the Sol or do they have problems or is it all GM cars that are ordered?

·
Registered
905 Posts
I think it's because they can only use the Vette trucks with the ground clearance being so low.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.