Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Here's some pics from the public lobby of the GM building in Detroit. If you live in SE Michigan, I recommend checking it out. It's awesome! BTW, security said picture taking in this area is definitely allowed, as it's kind of GM's own "auto show every day"










 

·
Registered
Joined
·
905 Posts
Agreed, nice pictures!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
990 Posts
I think I'd have a hard time complying with the "keep off the grass" signs!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
401 Posts
I know it is propbly just me, but the last picture of the Solstice, I do not like the wheels.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
10,464 Posts
POTFH said:
I know it is probably just me, but the last picture of the Solstice, I do not like the wheels.
:agree: You are not the only one, and other members have express the same sentiment, when they were first seen in Oregon.
 

·
Read Only
Joined
·
3,468 Posts
johnnyk'00T/A said:
Here's some pics from the public lobby of the GM building in Detroit. If you live in SE Michigan, I recommend checking it out. It's awesome! BTW, security said picture taking in this area is definitely allowed, as it's kind of GM's own "auto show every day"
Thanks WAY much!! I am SO glad I ordered the envious! If only May would get here! :lol: :lol:

--Chemist
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
403 Posts
POTFH said:
I know it is propbly just me, but the last picture of the Solstice, I do not like the wheels.
I think they would look great . . .

on my truck with Mickey Thompson Baja Claws on them . . .
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Funny, I was thinking those wheels were pretty cool. But then again my passions terms of vehicles may be pretty different than most on this board. I love my big, burly Trans Am with a large, loud LS1. Kind of the antithesis of the small, precise Solstice. I definitely like the Solstice, I just don’t think I’d buy one.

Anyway, I was wondering if those wheels are factory options, or are they GM accessories?

Maybe I just like them cuz they’re chrome. Polished aluminum looks good, but chrome looks even better, IMO.

I'll try to keep my opinions to myself :D

At lease we can all agree that Pontiac is awesome!!
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
8,901 Posts
johnnyk'00T/A said:
Anyway, I was wondering if those wheels are factory options, or are they GM accessories?
They're GM Accessories.
 

·
LOST SOL
Joined
·
4,675 Posts
POTFH said:
I know it is propbly just me, but the last picture of the Solstice, I do not like the wheels.
:agree: They are too "over the top" ... the car looks good enough, without any extra "bling,bling." ;) MHO
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8,664 Posts
Slicer said: "I think I'd have a hard time complying with the "keep off the grass" signs!"

I was born under the sign of Aries.

But I was conceived under the sign of "keep off the grass." :)

.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,686 Posts
POTFH said:
I know it is propbly just me, but the last picture of the Solstice, I do not like the wheels.

According to the sales brochure, those are the dealer optional Chrome wheels. I don't like them either, I want straight 5 spoke chrome, it will look cleaner.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
5,691 Posts
johnnyk'00T/A said:
Funny, I was thinking those wheels were pretty cool. But then again my passions terms of vehicles may be pretty different than most on this board. I love my big, burly Trans Am with a large, loud LS1. Kind of the antithesis of the small, precise Solstice. I definitely like the Solstice, I just don’t think I’d buy one.

Anyway, I was wondering if those wheels are factory options, or are they GM accessories?

Maybe I just like them cuz they’re chrome. Polished aluminum looks good, but chrome looks even better, IMO.

I'll try to keep my opinions to myself :D

At lease we can all agree that Pontiac is awesome!!
They, the wheels, were a dealer installed item for the Oregon long lead press intro. Wonder, since the oem chromes were not available at that time and if they wanted to show chromes if they just had a local dealer pull something off the shelf? Or maybe there was a problem with the wheels on that car when it arrived in Oregon and that was all they could come up with.
 
1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Top