Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,901 Posts
I relaly wonder if this does happen what they'll do to increase the power to 300HP.

Man those guys over there get way off topic and 'flame-on' far more then we do. It makes it really tough just to wade through the 4 pages of talk. From what I read Solstice GXP just looks like some persons speculation unfortunately.

·
Mod Emeritus
7,468 Posts
It looks like GM is intent on giving Saturn a much more sporty image along with taking it upscale. Could this actually be bad news for Pontiac? Historically, Pontiac has seemed to fill a posirion that was a little more upscale than a Chevy, and be more performance oriented. If that is where they are moving Saturn, they could start stepping on each others toes.

That combined with Pontiac's nose-diving sales (off 22% so far this year) and it looks to me like Pontiac is being squeezed out.

·
Registered
1,570 Posts
Fformula88 said:
It looks like GM is intent on giving Saturn a much more sporty image along with taking it upscale. Could this actually be bad news for Pontiac? Historically, Pontiac has seemed to fill a posirion that was a little more upscale than a Chevy, and be more performance oriented. If that is where they are moving Saturn, they could start stepping on each others toes.

That combined with Pontiac's nose-diving sales (off 22% so far this year) and it looks to me like Pontiac is being squeezed out.
There is going to be a fight for survival for Pontiac, Saturn and Buick. For the last ten years the domestic auto makers have lost 1.4% of market share every year to foriegn competitors over the past ten years. That's about 140,000 sales lost every year. So can GM really afford to keep all their brands? Olds was the first to go, and I think Chevy and Cadillac are assured survival, but the others will have to prove themselves or die. Given the lack luster, outdated and even strange offerings by these divisions lately, I really can't say who's going to go.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts