Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hahaha, what a tool. Clearly written by a guy who never sacrificed ease of use for a quick car and never wrenched on his own stuff. He can point and laugh real well tho.

·
Registered
256 Posts
Makes me curious what he drives.... I understand the Solstice isn't a McLaren, or Ferrari, but they're neat little cars, and many people do appreciate them.

·
Super Moderator
16,390 Posts
Sadly my first thought was its SoCal and who cares? When I lived there it was the land of fruits and nuts and has not improved greatly since then. :)

After the big one, they will be swimming anyway . . .

But being more adult . . . Every time I go to C&C our cars draw a crowd of admirers. Maybe he has low testostrone and is trying to compensate. :devil:

·
Premium Member
3,263 Posts
Makes me curious what he drives.... I understand the Solstice isn't a McLaren, or Ferrari, but they're neat little cars, and many people do appreciate them.
Non Driver, only comments on Blogs and Web sites. His last car was a ricer, Honda or Corolla 1200. :thumbs:

:cool:

·
Registered
2,733 Posts
Have you ever brought your WRX or STi to Cars and Coffee Irvine? If you answered “yes” to that question, you fail at life and need to understand what Cars and Coffee is all about. It’s not about you and your ****ty stock STi that you tell people you autocross with but really don’t, it’s about capturing the spirit of unique cars you commonly don’t see on the roads.
Okay, here’s the deal. If you were asked to park in the side lot this morning, that means you shouldn’t have bothered coming. I even heard one of the organizers yelling at a driver who was about to disregard the rules and park in the main lot.
Is that really the organization of C&C Irvine?

As stupid as the site is, they seem to whine about anything and everything that isn't rare clogging up the main lot. I mean we have our share of exotics and interesting projects but we've never had to turn people away due to space. While stock, late model cars don't typically park in the main area (except since the BRZ launched), I've never thought to whine about car people coming to hang out.

·
Registered
728 Posts
PLUS I'll park WETFIW, if I'm there first, Up Yours!!

·
Registered
551 Posts
Wow... I hope this site isn't actually affiliated with C&C.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The site is not affiliated with cars and coffee. Just some jerk who thinks his opinion is the only one that matters.

·
Registered
2009 Mysterious GXP Coupe #100
2,733 Posts
Is that really the organization of C&C Irvine?

As stupid as the site is, they seem to whine about anything and everything that isn't rare clogging up the main lot. I mean we have our share of exotics and interesting projects but we've never had to turn people away due to space. While stock, late model cars don't typically park in the main area (except since the BRZ launched), I've never thought to whine about car people coming to hang out.
I haven't been to C&C Irvine, but a buddy of mine goes regularly. The place is PACKED. If you're a spectator, you can park in the parking garage adjacent to the show area. There is at least some expectation of uniqueness of cars that show, but I don't know how much they enforce it.

·
Premium Member
686 Posts
Link seems to be dead. Probably a good thing.

I will say, that generally I am the only Solstice/Sky at Coffee and Cars OKC. There has only been two occassions in two years of attending that I have seen another one like mine there. I think that alone qualifies as a rare car. Hell, last month there were FIVE Ferrari 458s and TWO Lambourghini Aventadors; yet only one Solstice.

I've gotten to the stage in my love of cars that supercars only wow me once when I see them for the first time. The more you see them, the more you realize that the owners are too chicken **** to actually drive it like it's meant to be driven because they could only really afford that one car and they don't know how to drive performance cars. (long sentence, I know) They just love the attention they get; that's it. If they actually cared about driving the car, they wouldn't wear a golf shirt, shorts, and penny loafers with no socks in a 700 bhp supercar.

I love going to Coffee and Cars to see the hard work people put into their cars, and the unique things that make them special. Even though Camaros, Corvettes, and Mustangs are a dime a dozen; I will still spend more time looking at a heavily-modified Mustang than a bone stock Ferrari.

·
Premium Member
1,755 Posts
Sadly my first thought was its SoCal and who cares? When I lived there it was the land of fruits and nuts and has not improved greatly since then. :)

After the big one, they will be swimming anyway . . .
Well Rob, I for one care. It's been home for 70+ years, and in spite of all the fruits and nuts, and misguided liberal whackos, I still prefer it here to anywhere else. The same question could apply to your comment - Who cares? Not me.

The comment about "they will all be swimming anyway" is pretty much illrelavant. While some might expect major property damage or destruction in the next big one, (I've lived through five big ones here), California won't be falling off into the ocean any time soon. (Try reading up on plate tectonic movements.) I'll take the occasional and infrequent earthquake and lovely weather in California anytime over the crappy, dangerous, inconvenient, and expensive weather events and natural disasters anywhere else in the country.

·
Registered
2,733 Posts
Cars and Coffee Fails said:
You're clearly missing the whole second motive for the blog - to create controversy. Controversy generates site traffic, which generates ad revenue. The whole blog is structured to maximize revenue from the traffic that hits the site. So far, we're doing a great job of it.
Why won't people stop feeding the trolls?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts