Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
...as I got a couple of calls today from 3 different dealerships, (2 in ATL, 1 in BHM) about having open slots on Solstices that had already been ordered but the original owners backed out or had cancel the deal, and that wanted to know if I would like to take over the order, so instead of getting my car in Jan-Feb 06, it would be in the next 4 weeks....

Any reasoning to this???

Cheers!!

·
Registered
48 Posts
dont question good fortune my latin friend. :)

·
Registered
119 Posts
No call from my dealer today and I'm at the end of his first allocation. Interesting that you'd hear from three different dealers all in the same day. You didn't ask what the supposed reason was for why the orders were cancelled?

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
2 said people backing out (of course each one for different reasons) and the third one seems that there was a problem with the credit going through...so they couldn't afford the car...

I don't know it just looks like some of the first allocation people went over to the dealership and put the deposit to get the order, whether or not they could afford it...

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Now my problem is do I also back out from my original order or not....I have it with a great dealership, and the other 2 that are offering the cars now I didn't like their salespeople....what to do?? what to do???

·
Registered
1,143 Posts
I wonder if these guys are bailing because their dealers tried to hit them with 'market adjustment' :skep: premiums (see F 1k's post).

Latin - did any of them try to pitch a premium to you - if you get a chance, you should ask.

·
Registered
1,213 Posts
MAKsys said:
I wonder if these guys are bailing because their dealers tried to hit them with 'market adjustment' :skep: premiums (see F 1k's post).

Latin - did any of them try to pitch a premium to you - if you get a chance, you should ask.
Yeah. If something seems to good to be true it usually is. Or it could just be fair weather friends who just have to have the car for summer and now that summer is on the way out, they don't want it any more.

·
Premium Member
5,691 Posts
Desparate decisions are made by desparate minds. Choose your dealer wisely. This can be a bigger thing than timing or money. Doubt they would go for it but ask if they would transfer the car to your dealer in exchange for yours on order.

·
Registered
119 Posts
MAKsys said:

Makes you wonder. If it were me, I'd probably still stay with my preferred dealer, with them agreeing to sell at MSRP.

So are these dealers who called offering to put their price (hopefully MSRP or by some miracle less) in writing, Latin?

I'd be quizzing them. It is the first day of the week and now that the first allocation is becoming reality, what with the first 1K now showing up, maybe the dealers were doing a reality check. It wouldn't surprise me with someone falling by the wayside because of credit. I've been told I'd be surprised how poor the credit is of a number of people walking into the car dealer.

·
Registered
905 Posts
Supposedly 2 drop out at my dealer too, I was #2 now I'm #1 out of 3.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
They are not doing any markup on the price they'll go with MSRP (first thing I asked about), what I did is asked them if they could guarantee delivery time of the cars, and then once I get that I would think in cancelling my current order. One of them asked me to give him until wednesday to make sure evrything will go throug fine....we'll see.

·
Premium Member
10,464 Posts
It is also possible that people are droping out because they do not want to wait any more, remember most of your cars will be delivered sometime in the October to December time frame, so from a weather point of view, maybe these folks decided to get something else or wait for the spring.

·
Registered
292 Posts
There was probably alot of "impulse" buying going on earlier in the spring and summer. I keep expecting common sense to over come me and cause me to buy a more practical vehicle. Sure hope my Solstice arrives before that happens. :lol:

·
Registered
1,143 Posts
Sydney said:
There was probably alot of "impulse" buying going on earlier in the spring and summer. I keep expecting common sense to over come me ... Sure hope my Solstice arrives before that happens.
I gave up wondering when I would come to my senses :willy:

... I must not have any :glol:

I can see someone who hasn't obsessed for the last 6-months being able to (wisely) say, "I'll wait till" - a) spring, b) I can sit in one, c) the dealer comes to his senses and is willing to deal

·
Registered
278 Posts
practical? the solstice is not practical? i have a "practical" car and i dont use the other 3 seats, or the massively huge trunk. all i need is a two seater. heck, a one seater would be fine most of the time.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts