Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
:rant: So I finally got hold of Pontiac Canada, and they gave some info to my dealer... Here's what's hapenning up here: Each dealer will recieve their first car in Mid August - EVERY dealer gets the same car, made to the same spec etc. Once that's been done, then they start making the vehicles that we have actually paid for. Well excuse the **** outa me, god forbid they get a vehicle to me that I AM ACTUALLY PAYING FOR, before putting one in every goddam showroom in Ontario. Do the words PAYING CUSTOMER mean nothing here? It turns out I might see my sol in Nov/Dec, hopefully with the ****ing 4-wheel drive option for all the ****ing snow I'll be driving through.

This kind of crap makes me want to abandon the whole show. Typical Canadian thinking... "let's get the car to the masses and not show any favouritism". Let me tell you, the red in our flag is borrowed straight from Mr. Stalin's private stock. Somebody give me a green card. :rant:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,312 Posts
:lol: Possible solution. Write parliment and ask them to join the U.S., Mexico, and other sellect central american and carrabian nations in a North American Union. ;) Since we already have NAFTA why not go the next logical step into confederation. Of course this would mean withdrawing from the Commonwealth.

Pontiac's marketing shouldn't have to be any different for Canada/Mexico! Wasn't NAFTA supposed to encourage free trade? Why NOT have free borders, or rather no international borders between us. It certinly doesn't stop anyone from crossing the borders now! (NO PASSPORTS FOR CANADA and MEXICO!!!!!) :)
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
7,210 Posts
Wow, that does suck Danno, hoping for your sake the source has bad info. Can't see building spec cars when you have a backlog of orders.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
mceb said:
Wow, that does suck Danno, hoping for your sake the source has bad info. Can't see building spec cars when you have a backlog of orders.
I know - it's diabolical... You'd think that the customer who's put money down would be front of the line - and if their concern is showing the car off for more sales, is there anything better than seeing the car blazing down the road... IN THE SUMMERTIME!?!

I need beer.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
5,691 Posts
Danno said:
I need beer.
:agree: :cheers: couldn't resist, it's Friday down here in the lower provinces. :lol: BTW do you prefer the oldest North American brew, which is now comingling its stock with good old spring water from the rockies - or do you go for "buckabottle Laker".

Hopefully they'll ship ALL first Canadian cars exactly like what you ordered.

Will a Solstice fit through that tunnel in WA?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,213 Posts
Coming this Summer!

I seem to recall saying something to this effect back in May, that is the Canadian website saying coming this summer probably meant (to a dealer near you).

I just got back from my dealer, spoke to the Sales Manager. He wasn't a whole lot of help said they were supposed to be getting a car in August (they do have one picked up). Failed to mention anything about a showroom model. And that they expected cars to start trickling in by September. Damn forgot to ask him if he meant Sept. '05

I almost turned around and went looking at alternatives up the street, Crossfire, Z4, but up here they are way more money, not 50% more as in the States, but 100% more. So not really an option when on top of that the car has to hibernate for 4-5 months, unless you want road salt corroding all those nice aluminum parts, and the wiring etc.

Now y'all know why in our national anthem we do all that "stand on guard" stuff. We are used to waiting. We waited for the Brits to leave, we wait to see a doctor, now we wait until winter to get a summer vehcile. :brentil:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
201 Posts
Danno said:
:rant:

This kind of crap makes me want to abandon the whole show. Typical Canadian thinking... "let's get the car to the masses and not show any favouritism". Let me tell you, the red in our flag is borrowed straight from Mr. Stalin's private stock. Somebody give me a green card. :rant:
Not to mention they cancelled the hockey season... :devil: :lol:
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
7,210 Posts
Only thing I can figure is on what they are thinking...

We've all but missed the short selling season in Canada anyway so why not just get a whole bunch of cars for people to drool over in the showrooms over the long winter. This will pump up early sales for spring of 2006.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,213 Posts
Here's the Plan Dan

Danno said:
I know - it's diabolical... You'd think that the customer who's put money down would be front of the line - and if their concern is showing the car off for more sales, is there anything better than seeing the car blazing down the road... IN THE SUMMERTIME!?!

I need beer.
When the showroom car comes in, everyone on the order list sequentially books a test drive. We keep the thing booked solid until our cars come in.

At least we have good beer!

Don't drink and drive,
Can't drive
Therefore drink

Break into a two-four and pass me a brewsky, eh. ;)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,213 Posts
achieftain said:
:agree: :cheers: couldn't resist, it's Friday down here in the lower provinces. :lol: Hopefully they'll ship ALL first Canadian cars exactly like what you ordered.
Actually I already spoke to another Canadian on this forum whose #1 with dealer order was passed over because of the "nonexistent" leather shortage. So the simple answer is no we are getting the same treatment as all the other non-EOP orders. (i.e. being screwed over)

But thanks for the kind thoughts :cheers: Be more than happy to buy you a brew sometime. PA isn't that far and the Poconos would be a blast in the Solstice.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
5,691 Posts
sight unseen said:
Not to mention they cancelled the hockey season... :devil: :lol:
Canadian Junior developmental leagues which surround both sides of Great Lakes never missed a match.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
245 Posts
Fortyninenorth said:
I seem to recall saying something to this effect back in May, that is the Canadian website saying coming this summer probably meant (to a dealer near you).

I just got back from my dealer, spoke to the Sales Manager. He wasn't a whole lot of help said they were supposed to be getting a car in August (they do have one picked up). Failed to mention anything about a showroom model. And that they expected cars to start trickling in by September. Damn forgot to ask him if he meant Sept. '05

I almost turned around and went looking at alternatives up the street, Crossfire, Z4, but up here they are way more money, not 50% more as in the States, but 100% more. So not really an option when on top of that the car has to hibernate for 4-5 months, unless you want road salt corroding all those nice aluminum parts, and the wiring etc.

Now y'all know why in our national anthem we do all that "stand on guard" stuff. We are used to waiting. We waited for the Brits to leave, we wait to see a doctor, now we wait until winter to get a summer vehcile. :brentil:
i have also heard from my dealer that a car was picked up and scheduled to be built aug. 8 (yes '05) and that it was the first one ordered.(mysterious w/2-tone, not a showroom car) Im number 8 on our list. where does this leave me?

I JUST DON'T KNOW WHAT TO BELIEVE ANYMORE!!!!! :brentil:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,213 Posts
Praying for Chinooks

You might have to time your driving around warm days in the winter.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
844 Posts
I am kind of fed up with all the "winter scares me" crap frompeople east of the Rockies. Alot of Americans also have made comments as if Canada is frozen tundra 24/7/365. Give me a break! March/April thru sept is fantastic topless driving weather here, there are worse places SOUTH of the border in terms of cold weather.

The Solstice is a year round car for me thank you very much. Here in Beautiful British Columbia the worst we get is a few rain storms and an occasional frosty morning (nov-feb). Heck I'm even parking this car outside (when I get one) all year round!

As for canadian orders, I don't care how slow they are initially, as long as they build me a Turbo Solstice GXP for some time in 2006 (MY 2007?).
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,213 Posts
Have you ever been east of the Rockies? Try walking to work when the temperature is -36 C and with the wind chill it is -48C, before you comment on winter.

Living in Lotusland is so difficult, the toughess weather related decision you have to make is which umbrella to take. I know because I grew up out there and had an MG as a year round car.

When I visit Van in the winter. I don't bother to zip up an unlined leather jacket.
 

·
Mod Emeritus
Joined
·
7,468 Posts
Danno said:
Somebody give me a green card. :rant:
I have thought for a long time that you Canadians were running your country better than the US... want to switch places for a while? :lol:

Psycho, some of those comments are just people joking around, even if it doesn't seem so. That said, here in Buffalo, I live on the US/Canada (Ontario) border, and there are generally not many chances for top down driving in March or April. It is generally fairly cold, rainy/snowy, and miserable that time of year. There are exceptions, but we really cannot count on nice weather until well into April, and even May.

Of course if you dress warm enough, you can drive with the top down in January! :glol:
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
7,210 Posts
Fformula88 said:
That said, here in Buffalo, I live on the US/Canada (Ontario) border, and there are generally not many chances for top down driving in March or April. It is generally fairly cold, rainy/snowy, and miserable that time of year. There are exceptions, but we really cannot count on nice weather until well into April
Same here in NJ. Sometimes a freak warm day in March but that's about it.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,213 Posts
Salt my biggest concern

I live in the city so the main streets are cleared within hours of a snowstorm. Problem is they use rock salt in the process. And I'd rather not expose the Solstice to salt.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
496 Posts
Canadian Deliveries

How many Canadian Pontiac dealers are there?
The total allocation to Canada I hear is pretty small so
I am sure a lot of the dealers will only have an allocation
of two or three cars so what would be the point of having
a Solstice sitting in the showroom to drum up sales of their
other one or two allocation.
From what I can see, they are not going to have any problems
selling all of their allocations.
The only reason I can see is to attract people to the Pontiac
showroom to sell other Pontiac models or take orders for the
Solstice in 2006.
Considering Pontiac Canada chose to not participate in the
Apprentice promo and kiss off that "free" publicity, this latest
news sounds like it could be for real. Pontiac Canada likes to do
thigs it's own way.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
5,691 Posts
GreatWhiteNorth said:
How many Canadian Pontiac dealers are there?
The total allocation to Canada I hear is pretty small so
I am sure a lot of the dealers will only have an allocation
of two or three cars so what would be the point of having
a Solstice sitting in the showroom to drum up sales of their
other one or two allocation.
From what I can see, they are not going to have any problems
selling all of their allocations.
The only reason I can see is to attract people to the Pontiac
showroom to sell other Pontiac models or take orders for the
Solstice in 2006.
Considering Pontiac Canada chose to not participate in the
Apprentice promo and kiss off that "free" publicity, this latest
news sounds like it could be for real. Pontiac Canada likes to do
thigs it's own way.
I doubt it was PC's choice to not participate. In fact they probably learned about the program from us. You guys do have a chance at a free car, though that we are not eligible for.
 
1 - 20 of 27 Posts
Top