Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
397 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:rant: Ok, I'm just about fed up with all this. I've been waiting for my car since April like a lot of you. My order finally went to 3000 on 9/21 but nothing has happened since. I've seen stories of dealers receiving 5 & 6 of an 8 car allocation while I'm 2 of 2, neither of which has been scheduled for production. I've also seen folks who ordered in August getting their vehicles already.
:cuss: :brentil: WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON!!!!! :brentil: :cuss:
I'd just like some answers, that's all. Tell me where I am in line and explain to me how and why, and I will sit quietly and wait. But right now I feel like I'm just getting jerked around.
My original dealer took my order (and money) in April and told me to expect the car around Sept-Oct. I joined the forum and have since learned he must be on crack! So I started to look around.
I ordered a 2nd vehicle at a smaller dealer 200 miles away (the 2 of 2 allocation) to cover my bases - this is the vehicle I've actually been expecting. The car went to 3000 on 9/21 and we (dealer and I) were shooting (hoping) for November................then December...........now MAYBE January - but who really knows!!!
The first dealer just called this weekend to tell me: "They're (GM) cutting our allocation because production is being cut from 20000 units to 7000. That means we won't get your order until next model year, so we're going to return your deposit." I know this is a load of crap - and I wasn't counting on it anyway - but it just adds fuel to the fire.
So now I'm back to the 2nd dealer. Apparently last week my order showed 3100 for about 5 minutes and then went back to 3000. So what gives!? Someone please answer me!!!!!!!!!!!! :rant:

So to my question: Is there a phone number I can call to get some sort of answers? I know some folks have called the "service center" but I didn't know if they could help with this. Also, I don't know the phone number.
Please someone save my sanity! :willy: :willy: :willy:

I REALLY want this car, and I will wait for quality issues, etc.
BUT my current car is dying and my loan rate agreement runs out at the end of December (I've already extended it once). I just want an explanation and some answers - PLEASE!

Thanks for listening guys!!!
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
7,210 Posts
You say 2 of 2 so I assume each dealer gets 2 cars per period and you are 2nd in line in the their 1st or 2nd allocation? Just trying to work out the math at 4 month allocation periods. Are these small dealers?

One thing I'd be leery of is dealers playing games with their order priority. Hey uncle Bill's kid wants one so slip him to the top of the list...stuff like that.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
474 Posts
Our Car also went to 3000 on 9/21. It has shown that status ever since. Our dealer called GM last week and asked what was up with our order. GM told him that recently the codes have not been accurate in the VOMS System - well DUH!! and that our car was being built as they spoke. I would have the dealer call and see what's going on!!

Good Luck --

Solitud (wife of Sol Survivor)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,000 Posts
Dealer Games........

mceb said:
One thing I'd be leery of is dealers playing games with their order priority. Hey uncle Bill's kid wants one so slip him to the top of the list...stuff like that.
Everyone's Worst Fear! :yesnod:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
439 Posts
you ordered in APRIL! and now they say your not getting 1 and they gave you your money back THAT BLOWS.
All i can say is u might get lucky and find one from another dealer.Some people have backed out of their orders.That's how i found my car,
somebody got tired of the wait and backed out . Lucky me
I feel bad for the people who are getting screwed :banghead:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
397 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
mceb: Yes - 2nd in line in a 1st allocation of 2. And yes, it's a VERY small dealer - he's located in Yuma, AZ and they don't see much traffic. I've suspected this is one of the problems.
The first dealer I spoke of is here in San Diego and he never gave me a clear (or I suspect honest) answer from day one. I still have no idea what his original allocation was but he is one of, if not the biggest, dealer in San Diego.

Solitud: Thanks - I'll give it a try! In fact, I think I'll call right now.

Thanks so much guys - I can always count on The Forum! :thumbs:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
397 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
KLECKO said:
you ordered in APRIL! and now they say your not getting 1 and they gave you your money back THAT BLOWS.
All i can say is u might get lucky and find one from another dealer.Some people have backed out of their orders.That's how i found my car,
somebody got tired of the wait and backed out . Lucky me
I feel bad for the people who are getting screwed :banghead:
Well luckily I found this forum early on and looked around for another dealer. I'll tell ya - if I ever get this car it will be because of help from this forum's members!!
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
7,210 Posts
Ok next question, what's the status of his first car (#1 in the allocation)?

Hum...maybe small dealer can help with the secret formula for order pickups but roughly this dealer will get 1 car every other month (2 cars per 4 months).

One saving grace may be out west GM said they would shift some of the orders west and south during the winter in the north. Might pick things up a little on your end.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
397 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
mceb said:
Ok next question, what's the status of his first car (#1 in the allocation)?

Hum...maybe small dealer can help with the secret formula for order pickups but roughly this dealer will get 1 car every other month (2 cars per 4 months).

One saving grace may be out west GM said they would shift some of the orders west and south during the winter in the north. Might pick things up a little on your end.
Supposedly the first car is at 3000 as well and has been since August.
I remember that memo about shifting the orders south and west too - in fact I've been counting on it. It just doesn't seem to be happening............at least, not yet :devil:
 

·
Senior Member
Joined
·
2,574 Posts
SD SOL said:
mceb: Yes - 2nd in line in a 1st allocation of 2. And yes, it's a VERY small dealer - he's located in Yuma, AZ and they don't see much traffic. I've suspected this is one of the problems.
The first dealer I spoke of is here in San Diego and he never gave me a clear (or I suspect honest) answer from day one. I still have no idea what his original allocation was but he is one of, if not the biggest, dealer in San Diego.

Solitud: Thanks - I'll give it a try! In fact, I think I'll call right now.

Thanks so much guys - I can always count on The Forum! :thumbs:

SD,
I suspect that my car was moved back by the dealer, not sure but I called this number last week 1-800-276-6842. They called the dealer and told me that they spoke with him. He called within 10 minutes and offered me a car that was built with a vin. no. on the spot. Exact same as mine with polished instead of chrome. Both times I checked with Cricket my car was at 2030 and going nowhere. Don't know for sure what was up but I got great results. Thank you, customer service! Just be real nice on the phone. It could have gone either way at first as to whether the girl was going to "take my case." I kinda begged her!(no pride when it comes to this) :lol: Give it a try and good luck!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
397 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks Birdliver!! I don't recall - was yours a 1K or 1st allocation order? Is the number you called the general customer service number or specifically for Sols?
I'll definitely follow up with customer service after I hear back from my dealer.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
543 Posts
Joy! I love 880 numbers

SD, I hope you got some results with that 800 number.
Just for a lark I stopped by the Pontiac dealer here on Maui last Friday to ask how things were going with the sales. Salesman told me for a $500 deposit he could have my car in three months. I wanted to bet him $500 he couldn't get it in four months but he declined saying his boss wouldn't approve of him gambling. ;)
Lets hear it for truth in advertising.
Meanwhile do what I did go to e-bay and pick out the one you like and buy it. Might cast you a few grand but I have mine and it's a first 1K.
 

·
Senior Member
Joined
·
2,574 Posts
SD SOL said:
Thanks Birdliver!! I don't recall - was yours a 1K or 1st allocation order? Is the number you called the general customer service number or specifically for Sols?
I'll definitely follow up with customer service after I hear back from my dealer.
I called the regular number and they gave me the Solstice special number and that's who helped me. I was supposed to be the second car in the dealer's first allocation of four cars. I may have gotten dropped to third or fourth, I'm not sure. ;) Good dealer basically though. MSRP etc. Also let me mention that it's a small shop and they are waiting for their first car which from all accounts is due any day.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
397 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
Little Red #531 said:
Meanwhile do what I did go to e-bay and pick out the one you like and buy it. Might cast you a few grand but I have mine and it's a first 1K.
Ya know, that's the other thing that really gets my blood boiling :brentil:
Here I am - a good, well-behaved GM customer, patiently waiting my turn for my own personal vehicle. Meanwhile, speculators are getting their cars in just to sell them on ebay. Or, dealers are getting them in only to sit on a lot at 5 grand over MSRP!!!!

YIKES this is frustrating!!! :cuss:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8,664 Posts
Little Red #531, it must be horrible sitting in Maui (if that can be horrible) while your Solstice is in Montana. Why are you in Hawaii? Also, what date did you pick up #531 and why did the seller want to sell it?

By the way, there is an F1K someplace in Hawaii, #000144. Guess you haven't seen it? It's an Envious.

.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
177 Posts
SD SOL said:
Ya know, that's the other thing that really gets my blood boiling :brentil:
Here I am - a good, well-behaved GM customer, patiently waiting my turn for my own personal vehicle. Meanwhile, speculators are getting their cars in just to sell them on ebay. Or, dealers are getting them in only to sit on a lot at 5 grand over MSRP!!!!

YIKES this is frustrating!!! :cuss:
I feel for you. I believe I went thru your original dealer and was the lucky one here in SD, but it comes with a price. I have brought in the car for fender reallignment issues and a paint flaw, and there is definately noise behind both side windows, especially the driver's. I'm sure these and many other small issues will be worked out. I understand some prospective buyers will be waiting until 2007. This forum is far more informative than 98% of the dealers. Good luck... and feel free to contact me (private email)... I'm in PB and work in LJ.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
25 Posts
gizmo2004 said:
Little Red #531, it must be horrible sitting in Maui (if that can be horrible) while your Solstice is in Montana. Why are you in Hawaii? Also, what date did you pick up #531 and why did the seller want to sell it?

By the way, there is an F1K someplace in Hawaii, #000144. Guess you haven't seen it? It's an Envious.

.
SD : Call the Pontiac Hot Line @ 1-800-276-6842. I called 2 weeks ago and was told, "car built waiting for transport". Picked mine up last Friday. Worth the wait I promise. Great ride with beautiful apprearance. Pictures don't do the care justice, more beautiful in person.
Actually drove with the top down on Sunday for first time, awsome. Looks like I have to wait till spring to really enjoy my ride. Patience will be worth the wait. Hang in there and best of luck.

Ed :) ;) :) :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
397 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Well, just called the hotline and spoke to Juana. She confirmed my order is still at 3000.


Damn. :(
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
7,210 Posts
Is there an option maybe that's causing the delay? I see you have chrome wheels in your sig, could that be a bottleneck?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
397 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
mceb said:
Is there an option maybe that's causing the delay? I see you have chrome wheels in your sig, could that be a bottleneck?
I'll tell ya mceb, I've racked my brain thinking of every possible cause for a delay. I also thought that the options must be it. However, when I called GM today I asked the rep if she knew what the hold up was. The rep said that the woman she just spoke to in production indicated that my order had been accepted (well, duh) and that means that all the parts/options required to build my car are at the plant - I simply don't have a build date yet.

She also said "I see you ordered the car in July." (actually, that's when it went into VOMs) "So you know, there is a high demand for this car and the orders are really backed up" Well, yeah - but what does that have to do with WHEN I ordered it? I mean, people who ordered in August are already getting cars so the order date can't be it either!

I'm starting to think it's just luck of the draw............or????

I'm imagining a bunch of folks standing in front of a giant board with all accepted orders on it. They're throwing darts at the board and which ever order they hit - gets produced!!! Unfortunately for me, my order is 30 feet off the ground in the upper left corner!! ;)
 
1 - 20 of 38 Posts
Top