Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
4,135 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got mad. I closed the thread myself.

PS jester I passed all my spelling but not typing.

·
Registered
245 Posts
deluke said:

thats cool man, i got what you are saying. too badn't gm couldn't take the car back now.

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
I assume you're referring to your earlier rant about a particular company. I, for one would like to see you expand on your complaint if in fact you have a legitimate complaint against a specific dealer. People around here seem to avoid mentioning dealers by name, but as I understand the rules, there should not be a problem with it as long as it's not advertising or the like. However, your post was rather inflamatory. If you do have a complaint, I would like to see a description of exactly what the dealer did wrong. As long as you state your case and avoid direct attacks on the dealer, I don't see anything wrong with warning other potential customers about the bad dealers out there. I know that I would want to know if it was my dealer. Dealer recommendations and warnings could help a lot of people. Mods, am I off base here? Is that OK if the problem is relayed in a calm manner?

·
Premium Member
7,210 Posts
SlySol said:
As long as you state your case and avoid direct attacks on the dealer, I don't see anything wrong with warning other potential customers about the bad dealers out there. I know that I would want to know if it was my dealer. Dealer recommendations and warnings could help a lot of people. Mods, am I off base here? Is that OK if the problem is relayed in a calm manner?
I think you are right. If there are no personal attacks and it's not imfamatory it would seem ok. It's a personal opinion. Other mods?

·
Registered
4,135 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
SlySol said:
I assume you're referring to your earlier rant about a particular company. I, for one would like to see you expand on your complaint if in fact you have a legitimate complaint against a specific dealer. People around here seem to avoid mentioning dealers by name, but as I understand the rules, there should not be a problem with it as long as it's not advertising or the like. However, your post was rather inflamatory. If you do have a complaint, I would like to see a description of exactly what the dealer did wrong. As long as you state your case and avoid direct attacks on the dealer, I don't see anything wrong with warning other potential customers about the bad dealers out there. I know that I would want to know if it was my dealer. Dealer recommendations and warnings could help a lot of people. Mods, am I off base here? Is that OK if the problem is relayed in a calm manner?

I let my emotions of not being to get a first thousand car upset me.A dealer that told someone he had orders put in by friends, so they can cxl and the dealer would get the car. then he comes on this forum and try's to sell the car at 27500.00. I just really got ticked off. But then again it's hear say so I closed my thread. Just got really ticked off for all of us that would of done almost anything to get a first thousand.

AMEN!!

·
Registered
135 Posts
I Guess I Don't Quite Get It

You know, there are always going to be people that are out to make as much $$ as possible, regardless of what they have to do and regardless of how others feel about their actions. How is the dealer taking advantage of supply/demand any different than if I (or VIN #1) turned around and sold our Solstices for a profit within a few days of delivery? Yes, some (most) are very attached to the car emotionally, but there undoubtedly will be others willing to cash in on their luck of being one of the first 1000. And let's face it, the profit isn't going to be huge on a $20K base price car.

I was discussing all this stuff regarding the NC dealer with my 12 year old son this morning, who asked me, even though I have been totally consumed with getting this car since I put $1,000 down in March, if someone would offer me $45,000 for it (remember, he's only 12 yrs old) would I sell the car. My answer was "In a heart beat". He asked me why, and I told him for that amount of money I would buy the Audi roadster (I don't even know the name of it. or the cost of it for that matter, but I like the looks of it). I mean, we have to put things in perspective here. I really, really like the Solstice, and I'm close to having anxiety attacks waiting for it, but it's a CAR. Most everyone that wants one will get one eventually, some sooner than others, but you'll get it.

Sorry, didn't mean to preach a sermon, but if the NC dealer's conscience allows him to do whatever he's doing, so be it. Maybe Pontiac will look into the situation and find it wasn't appropriate, or even outside the rules, and penalize him in some way. But let's get on with continuing to count the days until our Sols are in OUR driveways. This EOP has put us through the wringer, but we'll all get through it in time. :grouphug:

·
Premium Member
10,464 Posts
I believe you are referencing the Audi TT, and I am surprise that you seem to like it better than the Sol, but then again everyones taste are different.

·
Registered
135 Posts
LatinVenom said:
I believe you are referencing the Audi TT, and I am surprise that you seem to like it better than the Sol, but then again everyones taste are different.
I didn't say I like it (the looks) better, but I figured it probably has a power top, power seats, stuff like that. And if I had $45,000, which I don't, I would like some of those extras that the economy priced Sol doesn't offer. I still think the Sol is the best looking car I've seen!

·
Registered
1,532 Posts
Profit

Let me tell you my story again: I am on the wait list Solstice HQ called and advised me I had my choice of two 1st 1000. I turn down both they were not what I wanted. yes I could have taken my pick and sold the one I picked for a profit. I think some day you kids will find that money is not the most important thing in life or buying the most expensive car. You by what you like. I saw the solstice in 2002 as a concept and wanted one. I did not give up that dream even if I did not get a 1st 1000. Im still love the car and will not sell it. Until I see some thing that is as unique as the Solstice:however I probably be dead before that happens. The price or number is not important as fulfilling a dream. Mine was owning a Solstice with what I wanted .Not when it was built. That does not mean someone is going screw me on the actual value of a item. I am 66 years old and still have dreams to. By the way the last unique car I purchased wsa a 63 corvette split rear window after I was discharged from the service...

·
Premium Member
10,464 Posts
Sol Deep said:
I didn't say I like it (the looks) better, but I figured it probably has a power top, power seats, stuff like that. And if I had $45,000, which I don't, I would like some of those extras that the economy priced Sol doesn't offer. I still think the Sol is the best looking car I've seen!
It has power top but no power seats, here is a link to the TT features.
http://www.audiusa.com/features_specifications/0,,bodyStyleId-9_contentType-25,00.html?bodystyle=ttroadster&tab=standardfeatures

·
Registered
2,171 Posts
I was discussing all this stuff regarding the NC dealer with my 12 year old son this morning, who asked me, even though I have been totally consumed with getting this car since I put $1,000 down in March, if someone would offer me $45,000 for it (remember, he's only 12 yrs old) would I sell the car. My answer was "In a heart beat".
The funny part is that as ridiculous as it sounds to some people, when I get mine I wouldn't sell it for anything. I have a 65 Malibu convertible that is not anywhere near excellent condition, and I have people make serious offers of $20,000 for it all the time, and I wouldn't consider any offer because I have an emotional attachment to the car. I would have less of a struggle with selling my mom (j/k) ;) . I already feel that for the Solstice,even though I don't have it yet.

·
Premium Member
5,849 Posts
SCISOLSTICE, I can relate to what you're saying. When I thought I was waitlisted, I put my dream on "standby". When I was told that I could get a car from a dealer who was allocated 13, my first reaction was "How did he get 13? Did he preorder? I don't want someone else's idea of this car! I want it built to my specs!" So, I said no thanks. As it turned out, nothing was preordered and I ordered the car the way I wanted it. Then, a week later, GM called to tell me I was a confirmed 1st 1000 order but that's another story :brentil:

·
Registered
976 Posts
SCISOLSTICE said:
...... The price or number is not important as fulfilling a dream. Mine was owning a Solstice with what I wanted .Not when it was built. That does not mean someone is going screw me on the actual value of a item. I am 66 years old and still have dreams too. .

Please, call me. I will order your solstice. Ask the forum, I am a decent guy. And I won't charge more than the car is worth. Or add undercoating( that is a joke), or carpet protectant....

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
Sol Deep said:
How is the dealer taking advantage of supply/demand any different than if I (or VIN #1) turned around and sold our Solstices for a profit within a few days of delivery?
Well, if the dealer actually used bogus information to get Solstices for the dealership, it was against the rules and also a complete betrayal of their customers' trust. And if deluke was one of the customers of the dealership that did this and missed his opportunity at a first 1000 car because the dealer plugged in their own orders instead of his, that really is low. They basically said "Screw our customers ... let's see if we can some of these suckers for ourself." So the real customers who wanted a car wouldn't even have a fighting chance at getting one. It's kind of like having a raffle and then doing the drawing in a back room where you look through the tickets and pull out your own as the winner.

GM tried to get the cars into the hands of the general public with this promotion, instead of letting people with connections take them all. True, they can't stop somebody from selling it for a profit once it's delivered, but at least they tried to get them out to the people who really love the car.

·
Registered
1,532 Posts

Thanks crickit I still have my order in for a red Solstice which was order along with the 1st 1000. I was one of many that were droped from the 1000 due to a error by GM. You checked on my status the other day. my car was re edited 5 times. Thank you for the offer.I sounds like my car be the production process. I will have check my status in a week Thanks again.

Bob V W

·
Registered
4,135 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
SlySol said:
Well, if the dealer actually used bogus information to get Solstices for the dealership, it was against the rules and also a complete betrayal of their customers' trust. And if deluke was one of the customers of the dealership that did this and missed his opportunity at a first 1000 car because the dealer plugged in their own orders instead of his, that really is low. They basically said "Screw our customers ... let's see if we can some of these suckers for ourself." So the real customers who wanted a car wouldn't even have a fighting chance at getting one. It's kind of like having a raffle and then doing the drawing in a back room where you look through the tickets and pull out your own as the winner.

GM tried to get the cars into the hands of the general public with this promotion, instead of letting people with connections take them all. True, they can't stop somebody from selling it for a profit once it's delivered, but at least they tried to get them out to the people who really love the car.

NO DELUKE IS NOT one of the people that did this, deluke is from CT. and is a Zero/Zipper because my dealer couldn't get my zip code thru. Why do you think deluke is so ticked off!

·
Registered
1,213 Posts
GM Can End EOP ANGST

deluke said:

I sent Vapr Tral a private message explaining why you folks were so upset. Hell I was upset with the guy and I wasn't even eligible for the First 1000 EOP, but don't get me started on that thought.

The reality is that while GM tried to make the EOP foolproof, it is impossible to predict all circumstances and/or actions of individuals and dealers.
You can make it foolproof, just not damn foolproof.

Maybe they didn't apply the "assume the worst, but hope for the best" principle when drawing up the rules.

A simple fix to the problem would have been (AND STILL IS IF GM IS LISTENING) contacting each First 1000 buyer BEFORE shipping the car to the dealer. If the buyer answers, I cancelled my order (didn't my dealer tell you?), the car gets offered to someone on the EOP Waitlist.

·
Mod Emeritus
7,468 Posts
We don't need multiple threads running on this topic. One is more than enough.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.