Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm sorry to say that I have dropped out of the race. All this talk about it being Jan or Feb before my SOL got in was too much. So..... I went out and bought an S2000 today. Please don't hate me. :leaving: I have not called my Pontiac dealer yet so if anyone is in the Pensacola Florida area and wants to be #4 of 7 in the first allocation let me know (Deep/2 tone leather/every option but onstar and xm). I'd feel better about telling him if I had someone to replace my spot.

The S2000 is great for all of those losing patience. I test drove it on Tues and bought it on Thurs. It was my first taste of a two seater convertible sports car so I was hooked fairly easily and decided not to wait. A word of advice for all who are planning to wait it out. Don't go test drive the S2000 or you'll probably do the same thing.

I still plan on checking in to the forum once in a while to see how you guys are doing so don't come down on me too hard. Good luck everyone. I'm sure I'll be kicking myself when I start seeing the SOL's on the streets.

Peace

·
4,592 Posts
Having fun already, eh? Congrats. :)

Hang around and poke fun at all the those waiting for a Solstice, that's what I do :devil:

·
Registered
2,171 Posts
RODEO said:
Having fun already, eh? Congrats. :)

Hang around and poke fun at all the those waiting for a Solstice, that's what I do :devil:
Yep, and before you know it you will be poking fun at yourself. :thumbs:

·
Registered
32 Posts
The S 2000 looks like a good ride to me. Enjoy, Maybe when the sol is on the market for a year and they come out with the Turbo or SC version you can trade in the Honda and still get the Sol.
Keep the rubber side down, Good luck, Have fun. :)

·
5,600 Posts
SOL id said:
I'm sorry to say that I have dropped out of the race. All this talk about it being Jan or Feb before my SOL got in was too much. So..... I went out and bought an S2000 today. Please don't hate me. :leaving:
Peace
The Honda is a fabulous sports car and the one I would be buying but for the Solstice and Sky. The Z4 would also be in the running but for the objectionable looks (IMHO).

Enjoy the Stook. They are gorgeous cars and look like an absolute blast to drive. Stick around and watch the First Thousand soap opera unfold.

PS - I hope any car club I am in is an "all makes" and not just one model. Though I will have to be in a Solstice Club as well - hopefully one that accepts all makes.

Jimbo

·
Registered
119 Posts
I wouldn't worry about your former Pontiac dealer finding a replacement buyer for you. Enjoy the S2000. It's a nice roadster but just way too "plain jane" in the looks department, IMHO.

·
Registered
1,213 Posts
I guess living in Florida has a down side. You can enjoy your S2000 now and for months to come, so are more tempted to jump ship. er car.

For those of us up north, there isn't much point of giving up now because we have already wasted the summer and Fall can be anywhere from two days to two months depending upon the year.

Enjoy your ride, you bought a roadster, you're still one of the good guys :thumbs:

·
Premium Member
5,691 Posts
Enjoy your S2K. Please don't be a stranger. However we only have room for one troll (rodeo). All others will be designated as Trolls In Training, or T*Ts for short. :cool:

·
4,592 Posts
achieftain said:
Enjoy your S2K. Please don't be a stranger. However we only have room for one troll (rodeo). All others will be designated as Trolls In Training, or T*Ts for short. :cool:
I look so forward to playing with them.....er......training them :glol:

·
Registered
1,532 Posts
SOL id said:
I'm sorry to say that I have dropped out of the race. All this talk about it being Jan or Feb before my SOL got in was too much. So..... I went out and bought an S2000 today. Please don't hate me. :leaving: I have not called my Pontiac dealer yet so if anyone is in the Pensacola Florida area and wants to be #4 of 7 in the first allocation let me know (Deep/2 tone leather/every option but onstar and xm). I'd feel better about telling him if I had someone to replace my spot.

The S2000 is great for all of those losing patience. I test drove it on Tues and bought it on Thurs. It was my first taste of a two seater convertible sports car so I was hooked fairly easily and decided not to wait. A word of advice for all who are planning to wait it out. Don't go test drive the S2000 or you'll probably do the same thing.

I still plan on checking in to the forum once in a while to see how you guys are doing so don't come down on me too hard. Good luck everyone. I'm sure I'll be kicking myself when I start seeing the SOL's on the streets.

Peace
I took alot of looks in the direction of the S2000. I think you will enjoy it. Congrats. As Lee says "If you can find a better car buy it"

B

·
0 Posts
SOL id said:
I'm sorry to say that I have dropped out of the race. All this talk about it being Jan or Feb before my SOL got in was too much. So..... I went out and bought an S2000 today. Please don't hate me. :leaving:
Don't fret. The S2000 is the car I would have purchased had the Solstice not come out.

·
Registered
278 Posts
though i have liked the s2k sence i first saw one, it is still out of my price range, and the sol is, so it's the sol for me.

·
LOST SOL
4,675 Posts
tednelson83 said:
though i have liked the s2k sence i first saw one, it is still out of my price range, and the sol is, so it's the sol for me.
That would be a good slogan ... "Soltice --- not quite the S2K, but affordable!" - Founder of SCA ;) :lol: ;)

JK I had the same thought. ;)

·
Registered
94 Posts
Don't go test drive the S2000 or you'll probably do the same thing.

While I agree that the S2K is the superior car, and superior to my MSM, I don't agree with the sentiment that if you drive it you'll buy it.

I drove an S2K with the intent to buy and left the dealer without. After sitting in it and driving it...I just didn't like it. That was before I knew the MSM existed and after word was out about the Solstice.

People that are looking to buy a Solstice, or a Miata, or an S2K, or a Boxster, or an SLK, or a TT, or a 350Z, or an Elise...need to drive them and compare to others before making a decision. What looks good on paper or nice in pictures may not be the car you decide is the one for you. I fell out of favor with the S2K after a few minutes in the car. The reverse happened with the MSM.

By all means, drive other cars and don't convince yourself that X car is the one you're going to get w/o comparo shopping.

·
Registered
535 Posts
SOL id said:

Peace
Wow, I almost did the same thing yesterday. I went to the Honda dealership and they had a med silver with custom 3 piece 18 wheels, hard top, and all the goodies. I loved the car! It was really something. But I thought about how long I have waited for the Sol and how good looking it is and decided against it. They ended up selling the s2000 later that day. If mine will just move up in production I will be happy! Congrats on your purchase! You definatley have a nice ride!

·
Premium Member
3,263 Posts
I've got a Suzuka Blue 2004 S2K for sale, ~9K miles.

I bought it when I failed to get in the first 1000 lottery. Two days after I bought it, GM Headquarters called and said I would get my Solstice right after the first 1000.

Come and get it--(bring cash)

My Solstice is awaiting shipment.

Take care-Steve

:willy:

·
5,600 Posts
Matt123 said:
People that are looking to buy a Solstice, or a Miata, or an S2K, or a Boxster, or an SLK, or a TT, or a 350Z, or an Elise...need to drive them and compare to others before making a decision. What looks good on paper or nice in pictures may not be the car you decide is the one for you.
:agree: vehemently.

No truer words were ever spoken. This is my EXACT point when people ask me if I am going to buy the Solstice. I say I'm 90% certain based on looks and specs but I need to test drive an MX5, Z4, S2000 at the very least before I know.

·
Mod Emeritus
7,468 Posts
Just a question (seriously) but why should someone drive them all? A lot of people have made a decision to buy a Sol based on it's looks, because it is the car they want to be seen it. To them, it is as much a fashion statement as anything. If other sports cars don't light their candle, then it doesn't matter how much better or worse they drive.

I can see driving a Sol to make sure it fits ok, you like the visibility out of it, etc, but for many of these buyers, the actual final performance is definately a secondary issue. So it doesn't really matter to them what the competition is like.

·
Registered
2,171 Posts
Fformula88 said:
Just a question (seriously) but why should someone drive them all? A lot of people have made a decision to buy a Sol based on it's looks, because it is the car they want to be seen it. To them, it is as much a fashion statement as anything. If other sports cars don't light their candle, then it doesn't matter how much better or worse they drive.

I can see driving a Sol to make sure it fits ok, you like the visibility out of it, etc, but for many of these buyers, the actual final performance is definately a secondary issue. So it doesn't really matter to them what the competition is like.
:agree: That's pretty much me, except the part about being seen in it doesn't matter much to me. I just love the look, and the rest of it is not all that important.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts