Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,426 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Start of Summer N. Georgia to the Dragon and back.

Putting together a cruise of local folks if anyone is interested. We'll start in Gainesville, Ga. travel to the Dragon. Lunch at Deals Gap. Do a few runs and back home.

It's about a 2.5 hour drive from Gainesville to Deals Gap, with lots of twisties in between.

Here's a list of our confirmed attendees:

JrsNo1Fan
SolPony
MrToyCrazy
Preacher
kd4z
Freaky Tiki
cdnite
donsredcar
Ruination (Maybe)
Conner (Meeting there)

PS, The date, location and route is non-negotiable. :cool:

PSS, If it rains it will be postponed. I'm not driving the dragon with wet pavement!

·
Premium Member
325 Posts
There is a slim possibility that we might be able to make this....certainly would love to. At this point I'm working midnight shift the night before but that may change. If we can make it, we would probably drive down to Commerce, but probably head back home to Chattanooga from Deal's Gap area.

·
Registered
94 Posts
I may be interested in meeting up with you folks somewhere on 129,or meeting up on the dragon.I live right off 129,and usually go up every chance I get,but works been draining me here lately.The cops have been pretty thick,with some fatalities since the weathers warmed up :(

·
Premium Member
1,426 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Awesome Conner. We'll see you there. As far as the LEOs being out I do not mind them being there at all. I think everyone (expect for the very new) know how I feel about being stupid on the Dragon. It WILL NOT be tolerated. If anyone chooses to act like an idiot and put my life and my friends lives in danger the ride will be over.

PS, I prefer the NC dragon and Hellbender over the dragon anyway.

·
Premium Member
325 Posts
It's looking more and more like we can make this. :party: We are actually 2 Solstices..:crazy:

I guess I need to know a few more details like meeting point, time, all that usual jazz. (Keep in mind that I have no idea where anything around Commerse is so street addresses for the old GPS would probably be most helpful.:yesnod:)

Looking very forward to getting together.:cool:

·
Premium Member
1,426 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
That's awesome. The meeting place will be the QT in Gainesville.

QT
897 West Ridge Road
Gainesville, GA 30501

It's an almost 3 hour drive to Deals Gap from there so we'll need to pull out by 9:00am.

We'll be taking I-985 which turns into Hwy 441 to Hwy 28 into Deals Gap. It's a pretty straight shot until we get into Franklin but we'll have plenty of time on the twisties when we get into Franklin and beyond. :cool:

·
Premium Member
325 Posts
Looks like Karen will have to attend a wedding that day, but I got out of it..;) I should have no problem making to start point by 9 assuming Atlanta traffic won't cause anything too unexpected on a Saturday morning. I was almost thinking about meeting you folks somewhere along the way, but, let's face it...it is the journey, not the destination :thumbs:

I will probably leave the group coming back at hwy 74 heading to Murphy, but that's subject to change. Probably won't decide that until I'm at 74. :willy:

I'm gonna PM you for some contact info in case of something happening on the way. Looking very forward to meeting some more great Kappa folks. :party:

·
Premium Member
1,426 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I look forward to meeting you as well. Sorry we'll miss the wife. :( As for your drive to Gainesville. I suggest you taking 75 South to Hwy 53 just past Calhoun over to Jasper then to Dawsonville into Gainesville. Just a suggestion but I would not take 75 to atl then back up 85 ugh that just sounds scary. :willy:

Looks like Karen will have to attend a wedding that day, but I got out of it..;) I should have no problem making to start point by 9 assuming Atlanta traffic won't cause anything too unexpected on a Saturday morning. I was almost thinking about meeting you folks somewhere along the way, but, let's face it...it is the journey, not the destination :thumbs:

I will probably leave the group coming back at hwy 74 heading to Murphy, but that's subject to change. Probably won't decide that until I'm at 74. :willy:

I'm gonna PM you for some contact info in case of something happening on the way. Looking very forward to meeting some more great Kappa folks. :party:

·
Premium Member
325 Posts
I look forward to meeting you as well. Sorry we'll miss the wife. :( As for your drive to Gainesville. I suggest you taking 75 South to Hwy 53 just past Calhoun over to Jasper then to Dawsonville into Gainesville. Just a suggestion but I would not take 75 to atl then back up 85 ugh that just sounds scary. :willy:
LOL....I agree it does sound scary and very unpredictable. Google maps actually say I75 and I85 is about 30 minutes shorter, but I kinda like the idea of getting off the freeway.

·
Premium Member
1,426 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
It may say it's 30 minutes shorter mileage wise but it's a holiday weekend so you have add at least an hour of sitting in traffic time.

LOL....I agree it does sound scary and very unpredictable. Google maps actually say I75 and I85 is about 30 minutes shorter, but I kinda like the idea of getting off the freeway.

·
Premium Member
1,426 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
A few months ago everyone was screaming for a come back of the Ga. club. Where's everybody now? One week to go, anyone else going to sign up?

·
Premium Member
325 Posts
Woohoo!!!! Looking very forward to this coming weekend!!!:thumbs::yesnod: Looks like the weather is supposed to clear up and be perfect for a big roadtrip.:cool: (I have definitely had enough of the rain!!! :willy:)

See ya'll Saturday!! :yesnod:

·
Premium Member
1,426 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I was hoping you got my message! Yah.

The meeting place will be the QT in Gainesville.

QT
897 West Ridge Road
Gainesville, GA 30501

It's an almost 3 hour drive to Deals Gap from there so we'll need to pull out by 9:00am.

please add us Donsredcar will be there can't wait to see our friends Chet and Karen,, details please time place all that stuff

·
Premium Member
325 Posts
please add us Donsredcar will be there can't wait to see our friends Chet and Karen,, details please time place all that stuff
Excellent!!! Will be great to see you guys!:cool: Unfortunately, Karen will be at a wedding and can't make this one....:(

1 - 20 of 30 Posts