Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
SOUNDs in the solstice ((ANyone with a sound clip))

How is the sound of the muffler.. i heard its real nice,, and if anyone has the monsoon 7 speakers option how is itplease decribe
First 1200 Black 2 toned fully loaded

·
Premium Member
10,464 Posts
Every member that has the monsoon setup with the Solstice have given it high marks.

·
Registered
4,135 Posts
minimac said:
How is the sound of the muffler.. i heard its real nice,, and if anyone has the monsoon 7 speakers option how is itplease decribe
Thats what we want to hear is the muffler if we don't like it we'll get tha cat back when we pay for the car.

·
Registered
70 Posts
The monsoon sounds great - my wife isn't crazy that the base thumps in her back while cruising - I kind of like the massage effect. The sound quality is great even with the top down & highway driving.

USA

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Muffler & Monsoon!

minimac said:
Muffler is ok (acceptable), baby growl. Monsoon has the boom! :yesnod:

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
sound clip

ntouched said:
Muffler is ok (acceptable), baby growl. Monsoon has the boom! :yesnod:
DOES anyone have a sound clip.. on the muffler at high rev,, :devil:

·
Registered
1,532 Posts
minimac said:
The exhaust could be a little louder. The monson is nice. I really like the XM. The MP3 is also rather nice.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
SCISOLSTICE said:
The exhaust could be a little louder. The monson is nice. I really like the XM. The MP3 is also rather nice.
Yeah i cant wait its killing me ,, just seeing if the monsoon speakers has some bump to it.....

·
Premium Member
9,964 Posts
minimac said:
Yeah i cant wait its killing me ,, just seeing if the monsoon speakers has some bump to it.....
Lots of bump to it-didn't drive one, but the passenger does feel it! The car 'feels' it, very nice it is!!

·
Registered
621 Posts
I was getting pleny bump out of Prodigy - Their Law on the way into work this morning. For I stock system, I love it :)

·
Premium Member
8,901 Posts
Moving out of the performance area since this is not performance related.

·
Premium Member
7,210 Posts
exhaust note is pretty darn good for stock setup on a 4 cyl.

·
Registered
275 Posts
Amazing how some people think that aloud muffler has some meaning, other than being an irritation noise. The last guy that put an obnoxious
muffler on his car in our cul de sac had some body repairs to occupy
his time for a few months. The performance muffler he then removed and
threw away or sold.

·
Registered
1,570 Posts
Like others have said, the Monsoon is great. It's not as good as a pro stereo system of coarse, but I'm completely satisfied. The exhaust has a good tone, but could be slightly louder for me, but I'm good with it for now.

·
Registered
41 Posts
AeroDave said:
Like others have said, the Monsoon is great. It's not as good as a pro stereo system of coarse, but I'm completely satisfied. The exhaust has a good tone, but could be slightly louder for me, but I'm good with it for now.

For a newbie what do you get with the Monsoon? watts number and cofiguration of speakers ets, and can you still hear the stereo at 75-MPH with the top down?

Once had a Boxster and even with the windstop the factory stereo blows....

·
Registered
4,135 Posts
kingarthur said:
Amazing how some people think that aloud muffler has some meaning, other than being an irritation noise. The last guy that put an obnoxious
muffler on his car in our cul de sac had some body repairs to occupy
his time for a few months. The performance muffler he then removed and
threw away or sold.

It doesn't have to be load, just deep and nice. I don't like the sound of the stock muffler, so I'm getting the cat back. To me the stock sounds like the foreign whimpy cars.

·
Registered
936 Posts
I have the standard stero and I would recomend to anyone ordering to get the monsoon. I may upgrade mine as the standard radio isn't that good. That is my biggest regret.

The muffler got the approval of my wife so I think it is ok being that she isn't a car person and her biggest thing while waiting for this car was wanting to know how it souded. She is an old movie buff and so it was important to her for some reason that the car sound like the sports cars in the 40's and'50 movies.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Solstice "Stock" radio

ateam_77 said:
I have the standard stero and I would recomend to anyone ordering to get the monsoon. I may upgrade mine as the standard radio isn't that good. That is my biggest regret.

The muffler got the approval of my wife so I think it is ok being that she isn't a car person and her biggest thing while waiting for this car was wanting to know how it souded. She is an old movie buff and so it was important to her for some reason that the car sound like the sports cars in the 40's and'50 movies.
This stock radio sounds like JUNK.....Plain and Simple! I ordered almost everything, but the better radio and I made a very BIG mistake! I was always very happy with stock GM radio's, but Pontiac really SKIMPED on the stock radio! Not a good sounding radio!!! I advise everyone to order the better radio and skimp on something else. Solstice # 725 owner, Ron from Huron, Ohio. As a side note...I LOVE THE CAR, not the radio!

·
Registered
63 Posts
The muffler is a 4 cylinder muffler. Even reading the review's I am trying to think how anyone can say it is anything more. Get the monsoon and crank the stereo because the muffler is exactly what it is a 4 cylinder muffler. The growl that some have talked is got to be a figment of a good imagination.

If you want growl, get an 8 cylinder car muscle car with dual pipes. If you want a nice roadster ride get the solstice.

The moonson is very acceptable for a stock system. At 80 miles per hour the monsoon is at 3/4 volume. But needs an amplifier, the problem that I am contemplating is where the heck to put it. I can not even get my childs bookbag in the trunk with the top down.

Steve

1 - 20 of 35 Posts