Registered
1,248 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
2,171 Posts
Crimson Avenger said:
Well, I'm off to pick up VIN 821. Produced 2005-09-01, delivered 2005-10-02

It was an unexpected call from the dealership. I'll be breaking it in this afternoon. I'll post pictures later when I get the chance. :cool:

Also, don't forget to sign up for the [link to Announcement First West Coast Solstice Meeting]
http://www.solsticeforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=5956

Even if you don't have your Solstice yet, or are just interested, all are welcome. See link above for details.
:party: Congrats CA, have fun!

·
4,592 Posts
Very cool!

Finally, a so cal member with a Sol that comes once in a while to my neck of the woods. I look forward to some canyon runs!

·
Registered
2,153 Posts
Dang! I thought I was going to get mine before yours arrived. :glol:

Kidding! Congratulations! :party: :party:

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Fit and finish are quite good, door and body gaps are uniform. The top doesn't exhibit the pronounced wrinkling in the rear buttresses; it's pretty taught. Starting the engine break-in.

Was supposed to have everything except OnStar (constrained and couldn't order OnStar) and 6 disc, came in WITHOUT the polished wheels.... :( I guess I'll just have to order them separately.

Of all of the options to get dropped, the wheels are probably the easiest to fix, but not really the least expensive, since separately, they'll be pretty pricey....

It's got a fair bit of pull and pulls harder at the high end than my 1.9 DOHC. We'll see how the computer adjusts the timing as it gets used to the operating conditions of the Engine.

It does turn in quite confidently, not twitchy, but very responsively. There's almost no perceptible body roll, yet it's got a smooth ride down the street. That's pretty good. It is very solid, and feels like a hardtop Sedan in terms of body stiffness.

Thanks for all of the good wishes! I hope to see at least some of you in San Simeon November 5 & 6.

·
Premium Member
10,464 Posts
Congratulations Crimsom Avenger, enjoy the spirited drive in your new Solstice.
By the way it is my understanding that if you really order the other wheels then the dealer can contact GM and get it done for you, it is worth a try, good luck. :party: :party:

·
LOST SOL
4,675 Posts
Congratulations :party: Good to hear no major issues :thumbs: and I look foward to reading some detailed reports on your Sol. :)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts