Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just picked up some oem spare parts... Just in case. I have 2 Gxp solstices to maintain and I been reading here about some of you keeping spare parts. I've been doing the same and whenever I have some extra cash a buy a few items that may be at risk.

I just got a spare clutch, flywheel, slave cylinder and that rear grommet, cable and wire assembly for good measure.

Also parts in Canada seem to be twice the cost as in the USA. So buying them at a discount in the USA I think I'm saving a bundle.

So two questions

Am I crazy?
What other parts should I get? What have you gotten?

Btw... Shabby... We'll be in touch.

Cheers

·
Registered
292 Posts
I 2nd that.
LLLFLY

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks
I also have painted fenders, tail lights and power mirrors. Watch, I'll probably never need them :) but better save then sorry.

·
Premium Member
880 Posts
Stocking up from source one? I've purchased similar items as well. Not crazy.

·
Super Moderator
7,544 Posts
I would concentrate on body and interior parts. Mechanical and drivetrain parts are almost all corporate, or can be found in the aftermarket.

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I would concentrate on body and interior parts. Mechanical and drivetrain parts are almost all corporate, or can be found in the aftermarket.
Hadn't thought of that. What kind of interior parts?

·
Registered
36 Posts
Passenger airbag sensor! I just had to replace mine to pass our state inspection. :-(

·
Registered
6,944 Posts
I've got a spare set of door handles and some floor mats in my parst store.

·
Super Moderator
7,544 Posts
DragonSolGXP: I would concentrate on body and interior parts. Mechanical and drivetrain parts are almost all corporate, or can be found in the aftermarket.
Hadn't thought of that. What kind of interior parts?
Weather seals. Door handles. Floor mats. All of the molded plastic parts. Anything that is unique to the car and will get worn or broken. How deep you go down the list is dependent upon whether you just want to maintain function or you want the car to look pristine in ten years.

·
Registered
928 Posts
Will seals stay good in storage?

What about the top?

·
Super Moderator
7,544 Posts
silversolstice: Will seals stay good in storage?

What about the top?
I wouldn't put them in an hot attic or a damp basement, but other than that yes, they should store without any problems.

·
Registered
1,492 Posts

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
This is good folks. Keep it coming. A few year go I purchased. Set of handles. I may get another as well as some weather stripping.

Replaced the stripping that goes around the trunk hump... That stuff s expensive!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts