Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know if there is and what type of spare tire these come with? The word is they come with a can of fix-a-flat... Can this be their only solution to a flat tire???

·
Premium Member
10,464 Posts
SCSOLSTICE said:
Anyone know if there is and what type of spare tire these come with? The word is they come with a can of fix-a-flat... Can this be their only solution to a flat tire???
No, there is no spare tire and the can of fix-a-flat is more than just a can, SM has a fairly good discription on the FAQ.

·
Premium Member
8,901 Posts
You can replace the RS-A's with RS-A run flats. They actually cost $11 less then the normal RS-A's at trierack.com right now.

Also I'd like to note tirerack.com has the Solstice listed under the available tire section, but not the wheel section yet.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Just as well there is no spare. Where would you have to keep it...in the passengers seat? A can of fix a flat may fit in the trunk though. ;)

·
Premium Member
5,206 Posts
Riddle: What do the NC Miata, RX-8, SSR, Solstice, Sky, and C5 Z06 have in common?

Answer: They all have no run-flats, no spare, and use an inflator kit to handle flat tires.

Word of advice: if you put run flats on your car, expect your car to ride VERY hard. You may not notice it, but they will also add measurable (about 0.1 seconds) time to your 0-60 acceleration. Steering will also probably be affected as well. Just buy run-flats fully informed.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Run flats

solsticeman said:
Riddle: What do the NC Miata, RX-8, SSR, Solstice, Sky, and C5 Z06 have in common?

Answer: They all have no run-flats, no spare, and use an inflator kit to handle flat tires.

Word of advice: if you put run flats on your car, expect your car to ride VERY hard. You may not notice it, but they will also add measurable (about 0.1 seconds) time to your 0-60 acceleration. Steering will also probably be affected as well. Just buy run-flats fully informed.
Great points. The run-flats also are VERY louder tires. (Especially when flat). I'm not sure if they last as long either (rubber-wise). I'm sticking with the free basic tire until they need replacement - then I'll worry about getting the run-flat tires.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts