Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
905 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have 2 Pioneer 330watt 6x9s in my Sunfire that I'd like to use again, anyone know the speaker size in the Solstice?

·
Registered
228 Posts
Its a bid mystery. For size sake I doubt the 6x9s would be in a solstice but who knows.

This raises a point where the hell are they putting 7 speakers in there? I can see 5 already, 2 probaly 5 1/4's with tweeters in the doors and the 1 "sub" where are they putting 2 more speakers?

·
Registered
905 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I guess I'll be selling them to my dad along with my Panasonic MP3/WMA/CD player :)

·
Registered
403 Posts
Looking through the Solstice Interior Pictures, I can see 1" speakers at the bottom of the A pillars, looks like 6" at the front of the doors, not sure where the other two are located, and the sub goes behind the passenger seat.

·
Registered
3,512 Posts
According to the Autobook description, the Monsoon system has "2 6-inch door speakers, 2 1-inch A-pillar tweeters, 2 3.5-inch rear speakers and 1 subwoofer"

I assume the standard 6 speaker package uses the same sizes and locations, other than the subwoofer, although the quality is probably not the same as the monsoon sytsem.

·
Premium Member
8,901 Posts
I tried finding the two rear speakers in images, but I was unable to locate them. However I swear I saw an image somewhere with speakers kinda poking out form behinf the seats. Either they weren't on the most recent revisions, or they're somplace we cna't see yet.

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
Maybe the rear speakers are in the trunk. Oh, I forgot, there isn't enough room. :lol: Seriously though, could they be in the rear panel immediately behind the head rests?

·
Premium Member
8,901 Posts

·
Read Only
3,468 Posts
I must be a cat, 'cause this is killing me!

PAS22 said:
Maybe the rear speakers are in the trunk. Oh, I forgot, there isn't enough room. :lol: Seriously though, could they be in the rear panel immediately behind the head rests?
I know I am being retentive, but I really hope someone comes up with the definitive answer as to the location of speakers 5 & 6. I have also been ASSUMING they were at the outside base of the seats ("in the curve" as has been proposed), but I really need to know! :willy: :confused: :willy:

--Chemist (Scientist and car guy)

·
Registered
403 Posts
Chemist said:
I know I am being retentive, but I really hope someone comes up with the definitive answer as to the location of speakers 5 & 6. I have also been ASSUMING they were at the outside base of the seats ("in the curve" as has been proposed), but I really need to know! :willy: :confused: :willy:

--Chemist (Scientist and car guy)
I'll have a really good answer (and pics) for you soon, if you consider October soon . . .

·
Premium Member
8,901 Posts
Frosty said:
I'll have a really good answer (and pics) for you soon, if you consider October soon . . .
hehehe, let me fire up the old time machine and we'll go find out. :D

·
Premium Member
5,206 Posts
I am told that this is the approximate location of two speakers (shown in the lightened area) outboard of the seats in the back panel.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
8,901 Posts
solsticeman said:
I am told that this is the approximate location of two speakers (shown in the lightened area) outboard of the seats in the back panel.
Ok, cool. Unfortunately all the images we've seen so far have had the seat in the way of that area, or ones with the seat forward were from the wrong angle to be able to see it. Unless they were going in the headrest itself that seems a pretty logical place for them to end up.

·
Read Only
3,468 Posts
solsticeman said:
Thanks. That makes sense. Perhaps I can sleep at night now. ;) :yesnod:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts