Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6,768 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a Street Race system specially set up with small tubular resonators by Solo to be not as loud as an unmodified Street Race system.

It was on the car for maybe 100 km., so is basically brand new. You can use your stock down pipe and use a band clamp (supplied) to join it to the new system.

This was too loud for a coupe, with the interior resonances that model has, but would be very nice on a convertible.

$350, local pick up in Vancouver area only. Expensive experiment for me, bargain system for you - and something to play with while awaiting Spring!

·
Registered
96 Posts
Bummer, I'm on the wrong coast!
Sorry to hear it didn't work out. I might go for it (distance not withstanding) even though I think it may be a bit loud for my tastes even in the convertible.
GL
Rob

·
Registered
834 Posts
Have you thought about simply adding a more effective muffler? Or if you have not already, loaded up the back half of the car with some sound deadening/dampening?

Could improve your ROI on this expensive experiment.

I've been loooking around, and with all the CLD tiles, MLV, laminated materials, butyl rubber etc, you can really quiet it down if you are willing to put in the effort.

Or, maybe even removing the muffler that comes with the exhaust, and weld in something that actually muffles?

·
Registered
6,768 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
This system is not a straight street race system, it has cylindrical mufflers in each side (Solo make a range of sausage shaped silencers). That makes it relatively quiet. The coupe resonance makes it drum inside the cabin, which is why I changed it.

This would make a great system for a convertible, but I would not recommend it to any coupe owner.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts