Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,901 Posts
Yeah, you definetely weren't lieing about it not being much. Here's the entire refrence to the Solstice...
Pontiac also showed custom editions of the GTO and Solstice.
At least we know now that it actually was there.

·
Registered
1,844 Posts
But based on that smigden of info, I scrolled through all 142 photos of the SEMA show on carsound.com site and NO SOLSTICE! :mad Unless, when they say "custom edition" they mean it now looks like an Scion Xb!

·
Registered
42 Posts
I really don't understand. Given how much attention the Solstice has gotten since its unveiling, how could a custom job shown at SEMA given the amount of press in attendance, not result in a picture or two. :confused

·
Registered
151 Posts
I AM GOING TO START PULLING MY HAIR OUT!!!!!!!!!!!!

seriously though, i'm in dire need of these pics! i know this solstice is going to end up looking more aggressive in the pontiac fashion, and hopefully with good taste! somebody come up with something...

·
Mod Emeritus
7,468 Posts
With no pictures, and no extended writeup on this “custom” Solstice, my guess is that there just wasn’t anything all that earth shattering done to it. If they did anything radical to it, I would assume that the press would paste pictures of it all over the place!

·
Registered
179 Posts
Well someone drag your butt away from the forums and go check out the show!

From what I understand, SEMA is a very large show, its about customization, parts manufacturers are the primary showcase, not the car manufacturers.

From this I gather that imports outnumber domestics, since the west-coast tuner population favors imports. And production vehicles, or near production vehicles (I've seen more 2005 Mustang photos than I can stomach)... are the overwhelming majority. (Although this may mean we'll see a LOT of Solsti at the next SEMA)

I mean, it's obvious there may be 1 Solstice at the show (if that). I'm not saying it's hard to find it and take a picture of it. But any website I find with SEMA coverage wants to talk about tricked-out production vehicles, because joe-shmoe is interested in what headunit and subwoofer he can put in his Hyundai Tiburon, or how he can turbo his xB to make 130hp. Just trying to give SOME possible justification to why we can't find a picture of the Solstice.

Now then, back to learning how to mod my xB to go 0-60 in under 10 seconds.

·
Premium Member
8,901 Posts
SEMA is over with, it ended last week. The problem is there was only one Solstice apparently. Compared to the GTO and 2005 Mustang which there were at least 15 of each one being show off by various companies. I'm mainly pissed off that GM doesn't have anything on their SEMA site about the Solstice. On the front message they say it'll be there twice with GM Accesories being show off. But then in the following info pages about what was really at SEMA there's not even a mention of it.

·
Mod Emeritus
7,468 Posts
naoki said:
Well someone drag your butt away from the forums and go check out the show!
I believe SEMA is only for industry professionals, and not the general public. So anybody just cannot head out and get in there.

naoki said:
From what I understand, SEMA is a very large show, its about customization, parts manufacturers are the primary showcase, not the car manufacturers.
Your correct that it is about parts manufacturers in the aftermarket, custom parts for appearance, performance, audio, etc. However, over the years the manufacturers have become extremely involved in this event as well. What better opportunity for a manufacturer to showcase its own performance parts and accessories! So they usually show up with a number of different customized vehicles themselves to showcase.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I live in Las Vegas and have friends who went, I didn't have time or I would have gone. They didn't see the Solstice.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts