Pontiac Solstice Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

· Premium Member
701 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Saw a Mysterious NA coupe on my drive home today. Not sure if the owner lives in the OKC metro area or not, but cool to know that I'm not the only coupe out here. I might be reaching here, but I think it might have been the same guy who owned the blue coupes that were sold to Napoli. If that's the case, maybe he's looking at "flipping" another coupe. I could be wrong though. Still, I was so excited to spot a fellow coupe out on the road!

· Premium Member
701 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I really wanted to roll down the window and ask what vin # it was and his location. :p

Attachments

· Registered
8,569 Posts
I can't remember the last time I've seen a coupe in traffic, but I know it's been five years at least. But then I rarely see Kappa's at all around here, maybe two or three times a year.

Edited to include that when I attend the Michigan Kappa Clubs yearly Woodward Dream Cruise I have seen several. However I don't count those as being in the wild since it's a planned event. Also, I've never seen one in my own town. The closest I've ever gotten to that is when I asked my wife to drive it about six or sever years ago in order to record it on a digital camera.

· Premium Member
3,485 Posts
I have seen one once. My wife and I were in Windsor, ON looking at homes and low and belold one drives buy with Norm's front nose on it. I freak out and think about chasing him in our "dog mobile" the Juke. Fortunately, the wife talked me down and explained to me it would be ok to go after the dude if I were in my Coupe or even in the roadster but not in a non kappa. Smart women and I actually listened to her.:devil: Later this grey Coupe would be bought by a forum member here.....Bill. Small world!

· Premium Member
2,515 Posts
Usually on our MKC cruise, which are about every other week in summer, we have as many as six coupe along. We had seven coupes at the mod meet in May. Here in MI we are big on American cars and there are lots of kappas around.

Reactions: Sting Ya

· Premium Member
5,179 Posts
other than "meet ups" like the local runs ( where Gordon and his Opelized car may appear )
and the Nationals, I've not seen any coupes on the roads

· Premium Member
2,515 Posts
Red: I do not have #773 on my registry. How do you know that is it's number? I assume because it's in Canada but there were 8 Slys sent to Canada. My information shows 773 as black and not a Canadian car

· Premium Member
3,485 Posts
The Coupe in the pic has US license plate and speed sign is mph so that car is American.

· Premium Member
2,515 Posts
I was thinking from original post by northern sol that he was discussing an Ontario car. Even so, how was the vin number decided and where was it? I'd like to get it on the registry.

· Premium Member
1,442 Posts
I have never seen another coupe were i live in interior B.C.
Maybe one day i may see Bill's coupe passing through from Vancouver.
I do make an attempt to always stop & rap to any one i see with a solstice.
Lately i have seen more solstice owners were i live but they all seem to be retirees.

· Premium Member
4,875 Posts
Wow, and what a color to see since there are so few Fresh ones around.
Actually I was a bit disappointed by the color. In the photo it looks great, bit live it was so so.

Perhaps it needs a good polish.

I saw the car again in the same spot a week later. So I assume the driver works at this Walgreens.

· Registered
8,131 Posts
I have never seen another coupe were i live in interior B.C.
Maybe one day i may see Bill's coupe passing through from Vancouver.
I get up that way once a year on my wine treks, but although I have brought the coupe once, I usually bring something with more wine cargo space - the BMW or the Mazda. For some reason my wife is disinclined to take the bus home in the event that I end up with a couple of extra cases..... >:)

· Registered
8,131 Posts
When you do get down this way Bill there is a new race track between Oliver & Osoyoos called AREA 27
www.area27.ca
Yes, a friend (that owns a winery) is setting up an MGB with a Ford straight 6 engine for that.

If they ever invite me, I'd be very tempted to run the Solstice there.

· Registered
24 Posts
Spotted my first coupe ever this morning. It was Wicked red heading north bound on Highway 61 north of Troy, Mo. Unfortunately I was headed the other direction and only got a quick look.

· Premium Member
1,116 Posts
I've seen a debadged Merlot here in Jacksonville traffic a couple of times but never get to see the front and the rear fashia is always in shadow late afernoon on Old St Augustine Road turning onto I295 East, so can't tell if single or double exhaust. Owner is a smoker, left hand out the cracked window and, judging by the smooth steady departure, it's an automatic. Somewhere I have the tag number written down.

Can't remember if I've commented on this before or just thought about it. There are several around that venture out infrequently. One is a black GXP. I've spoken with the owner at the annual POCI local chapter show before.

Richard Snipes

1 - 20 of 25 Posts