Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,887 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just a FYI sort of post, sorry I don't mean this to be a teaser.

Ahemm (clears throat)... a "little birdy" told me the red Solstice which has been seen around the proving grounds is on site and visable from the road today. Wish the birdy had the chance to get a picture... but it just wasn't possible.

I know there are some who live near the proving grounds, so if you head by gate C and take a look at the first lot on the left, you can see the Solstice (top up) from the road. Maybe someone can get a picture of it tonight / tomorrow. Doubtfull it's going to move tonight, but never know about tomorrow.

The "birdy" says the top looks nice, tight, and well fitting. Of course, with the car sitting still hard to tell if there are problems of anysort.

I'm really hoping one of the members who lives near by can get a picture, that's the only reason I'm posting the information. Here's to hoping.

·
Premium Member
7,210 Posts
Thanks rlhammon. Love those little birdies :cool:

·
Mod Emeritus
7,468 Posts
Ok Michigan members, get out the difi-cams and hit the road! If it gets too dark, camp out overnight and snap a pic first thing in the morning! :lol:

·
Registered
2,153 Posts
:lurk: I expect to see photos in this thread soon! :lurk: :lurk:

·
5,600 Posts
rlhammon,

Was the car a bright vivid red or a dead boring red? I'll consider a red Solstice if it is a bright tomato color, but a medium red runs the risk of making it look ordinary, like an economy car.

Ferrari GTO red or Nissan Sentra red?

·
Premium Member
2,887 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
jimbo said:
rlhammon,

Was the car a bright vivid red or a dead boring red? I'll consider a red Solstice if it is a bright tomato color, but a medium red runs the risk of making it look ordinary, like an economy car.

Ferrari GTO red or Nissan Sentra red?
The "birdy" says it appears to be the same color as that of the red on the new Cobalts. I don't consider that a great red in my opinion.. and would say more towards the dead boring red. However I'm a fan of the deep dark metalic reds... something along the lines of Ruby Red that GM had on Alero's no too long ago.

I'm hoping someone from the area can snap a picture or two. Since the car was visable with the top up from a public viewing point there would be no problems with that picture, right? I'm also hoping nobody from GM is reading this board for a few days so the car doesn't get moved. ;)

·
Premium Member
7,210 Posts
rlhammon said:
Since the car was visable with the top up from a public viewing point there would be no problems with that picture, right? I'm also hoping nobody from GM is reading this board for a few days so the car doesn't get moved. ;)
Public is public ;)

·
Mod Emeritus
7,468 Posts
I take it we don't have any locals who could make it up there to snoop around! :( Thats ok, I have waited so long for the Sol, I can wait a couple more months to see a red one with a top I suppose.

·
Premium Member
2,887 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Fformula88 said:
I take it we don't have any locals who could make it up there to snoop around! :( Thats ok, I have waited so long for the Sol, I can wait a couple more months to see a red one with a top I suppose.
I was hoping someone would be able to make it over there today / last night. I had to head towards Chicago today so I couldn't make it that way at all.

There will be more chances... if that car is still there now, it's more than likely going to be there for awhile... here's to hoping it stays in clear view.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts