Pontiac Solstice Forum banner
1 - 20 of 102 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
http://www.thecarconnection.com/Ent...ots_07_Pontiac_Solstice_Turbo.S178.A9269.html

Here are a couple of new spy shots of the Solstice GXP taken at the Nurburgring. I really like the modest exterior changes to differentiate the turbo model; and with at least 240 hp, even more aggressive suspension tuning, bigger tires, and maybe Stabilitrak/traction control it will be a clear winner in all areas. My area dealerships have sold out of their initial allotments, but I will definitely wait to buy this model when it comes out next year.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Those pics were on the forum awhile back...its hard to keep up because the threads flow real quick...wonder what kind of price range they'll want. for it. I'm thinking about just throwing a turbo in myself and making my Sol a sleeper at the line

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
anticd70 said:
Those pics were on the forum awhile back...its hard to keep up because the threads flow real quick...wonder what kind of price range they'll want. for it. I'm thinking about just throwing a turbo in myself and making my Sol a sleeper at the line
I hadn't seen these pics yet, and I come here often as a lurker. These pics are slated for release on Monday morning on thecarconnection.com, so I am pretty sure they are brand new. :skep:

·
Registered
281 Posts
Make it a coupe, and it's perfect! To me, nyah! The Sol, as is today, is already a nice package, the Sol Turbo's gonna be sweet, the coupe version with some much appreciated cargo space will be sickeningly sweet, can't wait!

·
Registered
710 Posts
I have been waiting it out for the gxp but can say that I really do not like the front facia at all. Too much going on and the rear spoiler is not right either. Hope I can get it without the rear spoiler and I wonder if I could use a stock front from an 06 or would that not let enough air in for the intercooler?

·
Premium Member
4,053 Posts
Hey, My snapshot of the turbo in the GM Employee Discount Commerical was correct!

Of course, I find the look to be very ugly! It looks like they did it "just to do it". :mad: I hope that this look is a cruel joke, because that is the ugliest foglight setup since the G6. It looks like some kind of aftermarket kit. :brentil: Why Pontiac? Why? Was the current car design just a stroke of luck? This makes me think it was. :(

:banghead: :nono: :nonod: :cryin: :cuss:

·
Registered
710 Posts
:agree:

stang said:
Hey, My snapshot of the turbo in the GM Employee Discount Commerical was correct!

Of course, I find the look to be very ugly! It looks like they did it "just to do it". :mad: I hope that this look is a cruel joke, because that is the ugliest foglight setup since the G6. It looks like some kind of aftermarket kit. :brentil: Why Pontiac? Why? Was the current car design just a stroke of luck? This makes me think it was. :(

:banghead: :nono: :nonod: :cryin: :cuss:

·
Registered
710 Posts
Are there more pics that just the two? Looks like the front does not even have the same shape as the original. Not sure if that is a reflection or not...

Really need to find out what the enineers are smoking over there. Must be some good stuff. LEAVE IT ALONE! Or at least try to do something tastful. I meen come on...spoiler?

·
Registered
711 Posts
I also think it looks a bit busy in the front. The honeycomb vents around the fog lights look a bit out of place. Maybe they should have stuck with a fine mesh or perhaps matched the color along with the larger inlets. The spoiler is OK but it breaks the seamless curve of the rear-end of the car.

·
Registered
268 Posts
i would move the spoler up onto the trunk lid and would just get rid of the mesh and make a smoth opening for the inter cooler or it is a oil cooler.

·
Registered
710 Posts
I agree with both of the above minus the spoiler part. There rear looks so good just the way it was.

If you look at the front end closer you will see that it looks like it is re-shaped. Looks like it comes out a bit in the center area but it could be a reflection.

·
Premium Member
8,901 Posts
anticd70 said:
These are new pics as far as I know because I've never seen them before. I think it looks pretty damn hot.

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
oh, man! i'm very disappointed. I don't like the front or the back for all the reasons already stated. It's too busy and ugly. Pontiac...fix it up and make it simple like the original.

·
Premium Member
4,053 Posts
Did not even notice the spoiler. :lol:

The tail pipes look good. There I said something nice about it. :cool:

Now I'm going to go to sleep and hope that pic was just a horrible horrible dream. :yawn:

·
Registered
278 Posts
nag nag nag complain complain complain.

why is it that everyone of you complain when anyone (even pontiac) changes the look of the car? it isnt perfect! cant you just be satisfied that they are even making the model that everyone wants?

·
Registered
710 Posts
Simple answer...NO!

I have been waiting for this car since its very first debut as a concept and I was/am waiting for the turbo. If this is the way it is going to look that is a BIG let down to me. Since you are not waiting for a turbo and have your car coming it meens nothing to you so your happy I am sure.

tednelson83 said:

why is it that everyone of you complain when anyone (even pontiac) changes the look of the car? it isnt perfect! cant you just be satisfied that they are even making the model that everyone wants?

·
Registered
245 Posts
i kinda liked the front changes. but what else ya got . i did not like the spoiler. just doesn't go right. but overall i liked it.

·
Premium Member
1,990 Posts
tednelson83 said:

Because most of the interest in the car has been generated by its looks. Now we see that the smooth lines of the car may be ruined on the GXP version. It looks as though people may have to choose between appearance and performance, and that shouldn't be.

I guess we should just be happy they didn't put Grand Am style plastic cladding on the sides or decide to install those leftover fold-out tents from the Aztek.

·
Registered
710 Posts
:agree: Well put....LMAO!

reedred said:
Because most of the interest in the car has been generated by its looks. Now we see that the smooth lines of the car may be ruined on the GXP version. It looks as though people may have to choose between appearance and performance, and that shouldn't be.

I guess we should just be happy they didn't put Grand Am style plastic cladding on the sides or decide to install those leftover fold-out tents from the Aztek.

1 - 20 of 102 Posts