1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Administrator
9,252 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
844 Posts
Article is two months old, most of us have seen it. But I don't mind checking out my car again every once in a while.

I just wish GM would hurry up and annouce this model as a Solstice option, my hard earned cash is waiting in a bank vault accruing interest (and growing every month by $500 too).

As soon as this is a check-able option, they will have my name on an order!

·
5,600 Posts
I rabidly await the official announcement and the ability to actually order one from my dealer. Then I can get into the year-long wait with everyone else. :lol:

Of course, by the end of the year I will be looking like this... :banghead:

Yes, it is an old article for many of us here on the Forum, but it is always nice to see new members discovering what may be and reminding us all to hang in there.

So a search on "turbo" or "GXP" and you will get a hundred threads with all manner of rumor and speculation all about the potential car.

·
Premium Member
8,901 Posts
I'm guessing NAIAS 2006 if GM's going to officially announce it soon. That's where they announced the Solstice and Sky over the last couple of years.

·
Administrator
9,252 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
jimbo said:
I rabidly await the official announcement and the ability to actually order one from my dealer. Then I can get into the year-long wait with everyone else. :lol:

Of course, by the end of the year I will be looking like this... :banghead:

Yes, it is an old article for many of us here on the Forum, but it is always nice to see new members discovering what may be and reminding us all to hang in there.

So a search on "turbo" or "GXP" and you will get a hundred threads with all manner of rumor and speculation all about the potential car.
Sorry for the repeat :blush: I'll be more careful in the future - I promise!

·
Premium Member
4,041 Posts
Is that a "spoiler" on the back of the car? If it is it will really Spoil the beautiful lines of the car. I hope it's just there as a distraction.

·
Administrator
9,252 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ex-Miata Man said:
Is that a "spoiler" on the back of the car? If it is it will really Spoil the beautiful lines of the car. I hope it's just there as a distraction.
Yes - it's a "lip" spoiler.

I see that you too are from Western PA - any news on a Sol group for around here?

·
LOST SOL
4,675 Posts
MomsSol said:
Do not feel bad ... I posted it the day after it was posted and they gave me a hard time too. ;) :willy:

·
5,600 Posts
MomsSol said:
I beg pardon if you thought I was chastising you for the post. On the contrary, I meant it literally that if you want to get lots of neat info on the car, you can do the searches and get hours of fun reading & speculation.

The last thing I meant to do was to insinuate your post was bad or disparage you in any way. Again, my apologies if I came off haughty. I didn't mean to.

Feel free to post anything you want. It's your forum. :cool:

·
Administrator
9,252 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
jimbo said:
I beg pardon if you thought I was chastising you for the post. On the contrary, I meant it literally that if you want to get lots of neat info on the car, you can do the searches and get hours of fun reading & speculation.

The last thing I meant to do was to insinuate your post was bad or disparage you in any way. Again, my apologies if I came off haughty. I didn't mean to.

Feel free to post anything you want. It's your forum. :cool:
No offense taken - I just promise to be more cautious with info posts in the future - like check the date on the article b/4 posting.

BTW - you did not come off "haughty" but thanks for the apology - Sol friends?

·
Registered
528 Posts
brentil said:
I'm guessing NAIAS 2006 if GM's going to officially announce it soon. That's where they announced the Solstice and Sky over the last couple of years.
Making travel plans now. Anybody interesting in going to see the new GXP and Redline versions of the car?

·
Registered
2,887 Posts
TerpFan said:
Making travel plans now. Anybody interesting in going to see the new GXP and Redline versions of the car?
I've been going every year... well at least since I could drive. No longer being in the automotive world it will different this year as I used to get to go as a paid work day. Are we going to set up a date for a meet there?

I'm sure there will be a few here that will go during media preview days and get us pics before we can all get in... but I'm still going to see the cars in person.

·
Registered
528 Posts
rlhammon said:
I've been going every year... well at least since I could drive. No longer being in the automotive world it will different this year as I used to get to go as a paid work day. Are we going to set up a date for a meet there?

I'm sure there will be a few here that will go during media preview days and get us pics before we can all get in... but I'm still going to see the cars in person.
I'm planning to attend January 14-15.

·
5,600 Posts
TerpFan said:
No but I certainly owe you and many others here a deep debt of gratitude for the exceptional and timely news and information available on this forum. It is fascinating reading and very satisfying to know the latest reliable information about these cars. I doubt I can pay you back for keeping us informed.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts