·
Premium Member
3,263 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
SSCA-Solstice Sky Club of Arkansas Meet and Greet #2

Where : Walnut Ridge Airport :party:

When : June 3 & 4, 2006

Arkansas Region SCCA Autocross Midwest Regionals

Should be fun to watch a little closed course pavement racing. Might even see a Solstice??

Steve

·
Premium Member
3,263 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
:agree:

With all of the great roads to traverse in the State, maybe you could be the Western Regional Poobah?

Then maybe we can get one for the NE?

Anyway, thanks for coming over. And showing us the nice additions to you beautiful car.

Take care-Steve

:cool:

·
Registered
67 Posts
Meet ideas

Does anyone have any good places in Arkansas that would be a good place to have and meet n greet? :grouphug:

Mena, of course I'm bias, a few good places to eat (Mexican, a BBQ joint and a decent steak place. Oh a dry county if that is an issue later :lol: But I do have a membership card to the Elks lodge :yesnod: ) and a wonderful drive up to Queen Wilhelmina State Park Lodge. Of course my house is around the corner, could go for a swim in the pool :) http://www.queenwilhelmina.com/lodge/

Hot Springs, a lil' bias also, used to live there and countless places to meet and not to speak of 2 great BBQ places to eat (Purity's and McClard's). A couple of great Pizza joints Rod's and Rocky's (across from the Race track).

Eureka Springs, talk about a wonderful drive up ... twist turns and alot of heads to turn and stare at you :yesnod: Not to mention a great lil Italian place and alot of shopping in the Historic section. A wonderful place for stain glass if your into that kinda thing .. my wife is. And a lot of hotels if you just had to spend the weekend there ... gee the wife would just hate that idea LOL

Ft. Smith is also a nice place to meet, alot of places to eat in either the older part of town, Varsity is a neat place to eat. Kinda like a sport bar setting. Or the newer part on the other end of town.

Little Rock, nuff said, BUT traffic is hairy to say the least, not as much fun as the smaller towns.

Fayetteville, same feel as Little Rock, but a much prettier drive up ... OMG the I-540 (a.k.a. "the Arkansas Autobahn"). Make that a fall trip ... Maybe during an Arkansas football game. That would be the perfect weekend ... find some b##ch team to beat up and score at will, gorgeous drive, and Sols everywhere ... keep that one in mind.

Not a big fan of Texarkana, the restaurants pretty much suck and so does the service.

Those are the decent places I can think of off my head. Arkadelphia is not bad, Conway if good (the Heber guys can give you more info on that).

Anyone one going to the Riverfest this weekend??? I will be there with "Taz" at the Wyndham. Wife and I will be there Fri-Sun ... Sleep, drink, and be merry ... not necessarily in that order!! :lol: Or is it Sex, guns, and rock n roll ... hmmm have to think on that one. Not to mention all that fun for $15 at the gate or $7.50 if you get your tickets at Harvest Foods. Bring your lawn chairs ... hmmm will have to see if they will fit. If I cut them into small pieces and duct tape them .... Oh sorry, thinking out loud again.

Again, if you have some place that are dear to your heart post 'em here :cool:

·
Registered
191 Posts
Arkansas Meet & Greet

Guys, just wanted to say, I had a good time meeting all of you in Russellville. It was good to see all the cars and mods.

Keep on keepin' on.

I'll keep a watchfull eye, and maybe can attend your next gathering.

-Zepplin :cool:

·
Premium Member
3,263 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
POGO, do we have enough Weekends to get all of these Tour/Trips/Runs/Ralleys/M&G functions in during the Summer?

Perhaps we might need to move some of them to the fantastic fall?

Have a great time at Riverfest!!

Thanks again to Zepplin for making the trip from OK to AR

Take care-Steve

:cool:

·
Registered
67 Posts
Just ideas

Hell, ain't that what weekends are for??? :lol: Just tossin' out ideas here. I thought maybe a town would strike a cord with somebody.

But a drive to Fayetteville is a must drive with the changing of the season and we all hope the hogs are better and catching a game, driving on 540, top down .... uh, I have to go take a cold shower:leaving:

·
Registered
35 Posts
Sorry, Susan fell at work Tues and hurt her back, I worked in the garage all day making room for "nthrtoy" and everything else.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Future Plans for AR area???

Sorry that I will miss Nations, KC is a nice town, but will be in Boston and NO I will not be driving Taz! :lol: Any future plans for Arkansas??? Been a while any July or August dates in the works????

1 - 17 of 17 Posts