Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

Are you going to the nationals and want to caravan?

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 109 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,901 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, so who wants to caravan to the Nationals this year?

I believe I was planning on heading up the 20th since registration was just to early on the 21st to feel like I could make the trip in time.

So who else is going and what days, and where do we want to meet up?

::EDIT::
We're going June 20th (Wed) and the official itinerary is farther down in this thread.
http://www.solsticeforum.com/forum/showpost.php?p=497411&postcount=55

List of those going;
  • brentil
  • IBDRINKEN
  • YellowSky
  • jrsno1fan
  • LUVnSOL

·
Premium Member
1,106 Posts
Leaving early on the 21st from south of Atlanta.

·
Got Turbo?
1,384 Posts
I like the twentieth for the same reasons. Early registration.

We could organize this by all the southern folks meeting in Orlando, then as we go up, picking up others along the way.

We would need a cell phone list so we could communicate with those linking up along the way.

·
Premium Member
8,901 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I like the twentieth for the same reasons. Early registration.

We could organize this by all the southern folks meeting in Orlando, then as we go up, picking up others along the way.

We would need a cell phone list so we could communicate with those linking up along the way.
Yeah I should have been more specific, I was mainly meaning the SSS Orlando locals and we can meet up with our JaxSolMates on the way and then various others and make a caravan.

·
Registered
266 Posts
Ok, so who wants to caravan to the Nationals this year?

I believe I was planning on heading up the 20th since registration was just to early on the 21st to feel like I could make the trip in time.

So who else is going and what days, and where do we want to meet up?
I made plans to leave the 20th. I'm in tha Atlanta area and could meet your Northbound group somewhere along I-75 coming up through Atlanta. I'm assuming you will be cutting off at Chattanooga and taking the more scenic route to Nashville rather than following 75 up to Knoxville then heading west on I-40? PM me when we get closer if you don't have specifics on the thread. Thanks

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
Its my plan to arrive on the 20th. Dori and I drove together to KC last year and meet up near the FL/GA border midday-ish, we stopped for dinner in Atlanta and hung for a bit with Bigbooks and still made Nashville and beyond that same day so I would think it would be very do-able to gather a decent FL group and pick up an atlanta area group and all go on together. Of course the group can only go a quick as the the majority of the group is comfortable with and I suspect there would be a wide range of comfort levels but heck that stuff works itself out easy enough.

·
Registered
5,302 Posts
just remember all..registration will more than likely not be available until the 21st for the event activities.....

·
Administrator
9,252 Posts
Any word on if the skys will be included at the nationals ?
Skys are absolutely invited to attend ... its even posted on Skyroadster.com.

·
Registered
2,539 Posts
I will be leaving on the 20th as well from jacksonville fl. Count me in the caravan

·
Premium Member
8,901 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
We'll have to pick a spot to meet our N. FL friends and another spot along the way to meet our Georgia friends. once we pick spots to meet we can build our driving path around that.

·
Premium Member
898 Posts
Tally and I can vouch for the fact that what would take us 1 day will take ripple and Dori 1/2 day to drive--;) ;) I am in --just let me know where you waznt to meet---and best day----:)

·
Premium Member
8,901 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I made plans to leave the 20th. I'm in tha Atlanta area and could meet your Northbound group somewhere along I-75 coming up through Atlanta. I'm assuming you will be cutting off at Chattanooga and taking the more scenic route to Nashville rather than following 75 up to Knoxville then heading west on I-40? PM me when we get closer if you don't have specifics on the thread. Thanks
Do you have a particular place in mind we can mapquest to get a location so we can build a trip itinerary?

Its my plan to arrive on the 20th. Dori and I drove together to KC last year and meet up near the FL/GA border midday-ish, we stopped for dinner in Atlanta and hung for a bit with Bigbooks and still made Nashville and beyond that same day so I would think it would be very do-able to gather a decent FL group and pick up an atlanta area group and all go on together. Of course the group can only go a quick as the the majority of the group is comfortable with and I suspect there would be a wide range of comfort levels but heck that stuff works itself out easy enough.
Do you have an address or a local.google.com coordinate/url for the location you guys meet up? We could always meet there again this year then head north to meet up with more Georgia friends.

·
Registered
5,302 Posts
for those wanting to arrive on the 20th.....the room rate is good for one day prior to the event...but availability is not quarranteed.....so make your reservations early.......

·
Registered
2,539 Posts
Made My Res

I made my res online and staying at the sheraton.

·
Registered
250 Posts
ok, I guess I'm in the right thread now, thanks for the directions:lol: Now see why the Brats need to caravan, we can't even find our way to the right thread. I know of some of us from Southern Fl want to caravan as well, maybe we could have a meet up middle way in Fl for all of us to join up ? I'm sure someone has already thought of this and as usual I missed it. Let me know , I need brought up to date please:yesnod:

·
Premium Member
8,901 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
ok, I guess I'm in the right thread now, thanks for the directions:lol: Now see why the Brats need to caravan, we can't even find our way to the right thread. I know of some of us from Southern Fl want to caravan as well, maybe we could have a meet up middle way in Fl for all of us to join up ? I'm sure someone has already thought of this and as usual I missed it. Let me know , I need brought up to date please:yesnod:
As it gets a little closer and I have time I'll try to plan a route and some stages.

I was thinking we'd have 3 major stops. An initial meeting in Orlando/Lake Mary area where all us Orlando-ers can meet and we'll wait for all our Southern-Floridianers to meet up with us. Then we'll convoy to the FL/GA border area to meet up with our Northern-Floridianers, then head up by Atlanta to meet up with those crazy Georgians and anyone one else in the area willing to meet up.

·
Registered
255 Posts
i will more then likly be attending so i can meet you all in orlando ill try to round out the south FL sol/sky n meet you all the 20th.. i gotta represent the southern most kappa in the USA!!

·
Got Turbo?
1,384 Posts
As it gets a little closer and I have time I'll try to plan a route and some stages.

I was thinking we'd have 3 major stops. An initial meeting in Orlando/Lake Mary area where all us Orlando-ers can meet and we'll wait for all our Southern-Floridianers to meet up with us. Then we'll convoy to the FL/GA border area to meet up with our Northern-Floridianers, then head up by Atlanta to meet up with those crazy Georgians and anyone one else in the area willing to meet up.
Sounds good! Sounds like a solid plan. Is it June yet????

1 - 20 of 109 Posts