Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Premium Member
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Time to try again to get a group of Kappas together for a cruise through the back roads of the St. Louis area. Looking at possible dates of October 9th, 15th, or 16th.

Attendance at the last two events has been a little low but we still have had a great time. I am looking for suggestions on what can be done to get more people interested.

We usually start at the McDonald's located near the Six Flags exit off Hwy 44 in Pacific, BLK GXP has a couple of good routes beginning there, and end at a winery or restaurant for food and beverages. However, if someone has an idea for something different please suggest it.

Solstice62 and RidingSolo I have sent both of you a PM.

·
Premium Member
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I suggest we make the date the 15th of October so we can accommodate ShowMeSky and BLK GXP. I am still hoping to hear from Solstice62, RMFNSKY, RidingSolo, Chadman66, and others.

An 11:00 AM start would be good if we plan to end the run at a restaurant, but if we decide on a winery a 9:00 AM start would be better. Most of the winery's close at 5:00 PM and the runs usually last around four hours.

Nothing is in concrete yet so please give me some feedback on what you would like to do.

Participants as of 09/20/11

ShowMeSky
IdLikeToBuyAVal
A Sky 42
BLK GXP
Jack19

·
Registered
351 Posts
I suggest we make the date the 15th of October so we can accommodate ShowMeSky and BLK GXP. I am still hoping to hear from Solstice62, RMFNSKY, RidingSolo, Chadman66, and others.

An 11:00 AM start would be good if we plan to end the run at a restaurant, but if we decide on a winery a 9:00 AM start would be better. Most of the winery's close at 5:00 PM and the runs usually last around four hours.

Nothing is in concrete yet so please give me some feedback on what you would like to do.

Participants as of 09/20/11

ShowMeSky
IdLikeToBuyAVal
A Sky 42
BLK GXP
Jack19

As I said on the Sky side, I have a reception to go to at 6pm, but if the run is early enough I can do the run and get back on time, so for me the earlier the better.

·
Premium Member
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
It has been suggested on the Sky Forum that we start at 9:00 AM. As long as no one has any objections that is when the fun will start.

Still need some suggestions on a place to get together after the drive.

·
Premium Member
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
There is no 93 octane fuel available at the gas station the run begins at.

·
Premium Member
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
One week to go! We will start at the McDonalds by Six Flags at 9:00AM. I am still waiting for suggestions on where to end the run, but I promise the decision will be made by Monday the 10th of October.
I will PM the following list of people my E-mail address and cell phone number. If you have any question please call or write.

ShowMeSky
IdLikeToBuyAVal
BLK GXP
A Sky 42
RMFNSKY
royceu
MouseTrap
Jack19

·
Registered
864 Posts
I am plotting a route that will end @ Jilly's Cafe & Steakhouse in High Ridge unless someone has a better suggestion. Some of you will remember this place from a run we did a few years back. Figure on about a 3 to 3-1/2 hour cruise. Roads should be pretty fun. I hope the weather is as nice as this weekend.

·
Premium Member
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
The Run will be ending at Jilly's Cafe and Steakhouse. The food and drinks are good and reasonable priced. We ended a run here a couple of years ago and everyone had a great time. The parking lot is large so we can park our cars in a remote spot and not have to worry about someone opening a door into them . I vote for sitting outside again if the weather is as nice as it is forecasted to be.
You can check out the menu and prices at jillyscafeandsteakhouse.com.

The address is:

Jilly's Cafe and Steakhouse
1630 Gravois
High Ridge, Mo.

·
Premium Member
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
In a little over twenty four hours the fun will begin.:) We will be meeting at the McDonald's located at the Six Flags exit off Hwy 44 at 09:00AM. The cruise will last about three and a half hours, and will end at Jilly's Cafe and Steakhouse in High Ridge for food and drink.:cheers:

We have seven definite participants::yesnod:
ShowMeSky
IdLikeToBuyAVal
BLK GXP
A Sky 42
RMFNSKY
MouseTrap
Jack19

Two maybe's::willy:
ROYCEU
RidingSolo

Weather forecast is calling for sunny skies, a low temperature of 51 and a high of 72. A perfect Fall day weather wise and the leaves are starting to turn. As BLK GXP said, if you like to drive come out and join in the fun.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I've been lurking around the forum for some time. this gave me a good reason to register, I'm gonna try and make it out for this cruise. It'll be nice to meet some local kappa owners.

·
Registered
1 Posts
As I said over on the Sky Forum (if they approve my post).

It was great meeting everyone today. We had a blast!

:thumbs:
-Andrew

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
I've been lurking around the forum for some time. this gave me a good reason to register, I'm gonna try and make it out for this cruise. It'll be nice to meet some local kappa owners.
Welcome to the forum.

Do hope you made it out to the cruise. :thumbs:

You posted the afternoon of the cruise itself, so if not, perhaps the next one.

Getting together with other owners and enthusiasts is how it all gets started.

It only adds to the miles and miles of smiles. "Sunlight on chrome, every nerve alive."

Again, welcome. :cool:

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
As I said over on the Sky Forum (if they approve my post).

It was great meeting everyone today. We had a blast!

:thumbs:
-Andrew
Now, that's what I call a welcome... No words can top meeting the great folks who call this place home.

Glad you had a good time.

Welcome to the forum. :thumbs:

·
Registered
3 Posts
Damn! I guess I need to learn how to read a calendar, for some reason I was thinking today (sun) was the 15th. Guess I'll have to keep a look out for the next one.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts