Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Premium Member
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
With the help of BLK GXP I would like to set up an early fall run. The planned date is Saturday the 3rd of October, 2009. John has been busy this summer finding a new and exciting route for us to drive. Details to follow in a few days. Plan to make it a full day. Start around 11:00 AM, Drive for three or four hours, then stop for dinner and conversation with other Solstice/Sky owners.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I'm good for that day. I'll try to get my wife to come this time, not sure if she will, she gets a little green around the gills sometimes on the twisties. She tells me sometimes when we're driving back roads "take it easy". I heard it last night. I could bring a niece along also if the wife doesn't want to.

·
Premium Member
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
My goal is to have at least 15 cars for this event. John is making this easier by planning to end the run at a winery in the St. Genevieve area. My suggestion is the Crown Winery. It is very nice, has great wines, and still allows people to bring in food. Also the parking lot is very large which will enable us to park our cars without the fear of someone opening a door into one of them. Call your fellow Solstice/Sky owner friends and see if you can generate some interest in this run. I am going to make a flyer to put on the windshield's of other Solstice/Sky's advising them of this get together. If you will PM me your E-mail address I will send you a copy that you can print and distribute. People planning to attend are:

Yes

rdblh
BLK GXP
ShowMeSky
jack19
WintR
cathyandsteveg

Maybe

WILLIS
RMFNSKY

We need at least 9 more cars.

·
Registered
1,148 Posts
Looks like we'll be able to make the drive. My wife has never been to Ste. Gen, or in the neighborhood, so it will be a new experience for her.

·
Registered
864 Posts
That's odd. I'm not sure why. try "blk-gxp at sbcglobal dot net". Are you gonna send me the flyer you're working on? I've been seeing lots of cars out lately. The weather has been great, except this weekend it's raining.

·
Registered
31 Posts
You're right about seeing alot of cars. I saw some before, but since I bought mine in May, it's like I see at least one a day and I might add this has been a perfect summer for a convertible!! Hey, John have you got anything together for that cruise to Etterville. Let me know because if its not raining I'll go. I'm going to be offline for maybe a week after this weekend so if I don't reply on here give me a call. I got the flyer email, but I'm no help with making it look better, I'm doing good to figure out what I'm doing on here.

·
Registered
1,148 Posts
If there's a flyer out yet, I'd like to post a few around work. There are a few Sol and Sky owners that I never seem to run into, that may see them and respond. Worth a shot, anyway.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Hey John, are you going to do the Etterville run? I think GODRVN wanted to know today so his dad can buy food. I'm in if you are for the drive.

·
Premium Member
487 Posts
Hubby and I enjoyed meeting fellow Solstice owners and a Sky owner at the Etterville "Lunch". Really has us thinking we are missing out on a lot of fun. But since we live in the middle of Missouri and the Runs are in either St. Louis or Kansas City areas that leaves us with a rather long drive just to get to a meeting place.

Any ideas as to how I can generate interest from folks in my area to start a Solstice / Sky Group? Previously I posted in hopes of getting some response but there was none.

Hubby and I lived in Kansas City before moving to BFE thats Bum F--- Egypt for those who are not aquainted with the term.So we know our way around KC well enough but don't know anything about St. Louis.

Can someone send me a map or directions of the planned meeting place? Thanks...

We just might hire the Pet Sitter for the weekend of Oct.3 and join you.

·
Registered
864 Posts
The last few runs we've done we started at McDonalds/MotoMart at the Six Flags exit on I-44. It's on the south west side of the St. Louis area. Coming from where you are you would never actually get to see the city. I'd guess it's about a 2.5-3 hour drive from Camdenton. That will probably be the spot to start this time as well. I've not had the time to work out the details of this route as much as I've wanted to by now, but I'm working on it. The winery/brewery I liked best was Charleville, but it was a long gravel road to get to it. I'm thinking Crown Valley will be more suited for our cars. It's much larger with a big paved parking lot. There are 6 or 7 places within a 20 mile radius in the St. Genevieve area. If you're up for the drive, we'd love to have you. It was good meeting you guys in Etterville.

·
Premium Member
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
GXP Fetish. I sent you an E-mail with what I think would be the quickest way to the starting point.

·
Premium Member
487 Posts
Thanks for the email Jack

GXP Fetish. I sent you an E-mail with what I think would be the quickest way to the starting point.

I've responded to the email. Hubby and I are working on a "Plan" . Have to make arrangement with the Pet Sitter.LOL:willy:

1 - 20 of 27 Posts