Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
2,153 Posts
John, my father is once again taking care of my car for me while we're overseas. If this is on, I'm sure he'd love to go - weather permitting. I left it with summer tires on, so if the temps are too cold I'm not sure how safe it would be.

·
Premium Member
193 Posts
Combining responses from the Solstice Forum, the Sky Forum, facebook, and E-mails here is the current list of participants for the Fall run as of 10/23/12.

BLK GXP
ShowMeSky
RMFNSKY
A Sky 42
Jack19
KLR BEE

MAYBE:
David
2KWK4U (father)

·
Registered
2,153 Posts
I just realized that I'll be arriving at the Marine Corps Ball here in Moscow right about the time your run is getting underway. Do you have a time/location set yet?

So far it looks like high around 64 and a 10% for you all. 'Course we're still a week out...

Same day/night here is showing a high/low of 38/33 and 50% chance of snow

Should be great weather for all! :thumbs:

·
Registered
864 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I've been really swamped lately and only had time to plot one route. Julie and I drove it a couple weeks ago, and found that its a dud, so I'm probably gonna pull out one of the old routes from a past run. Unless someone else has a better plan.

·
Premium Member
686 Posts
Darn. Wish I would have seen this earlier. I wanna go! lol

·
Registered
2,153 Posts
Is that McDonalds at the corner of Allentown and Fox Creek?

·
Registered
2,153 Posts
Got it, thanks. Also noted the change to Sunday. Dad will still be there. Look for my "BLUDVL" Operation Enduring Freedom plates.

·
Premium Member
193 Posts
John (BLK GXP) the originator and the RC for the event has to work on Saturday and with the chance of rain we are moving the run to Sunday the
4th of November. Same starting time, 10:00 AM, and place, the Motomart (McDonald's) at the entrance to Six Flags.

I hope this will allow a few more people to join in. Let me know if you will now be able to attend. Check either Forum or facebook for more information.

·
Premium Member
193 Posts
I did a pre-run yesterday and the roads are in good condition. The route John has picked is scenic with a lot of fine twisties. The fall colors are not that spectacular but with the hot dry summer that St. Louis experienced I guess that is to be expected.

We will be meeting at the Motomart (McDonalds) at the entrance to Six Flags on Sunday November 4th at 10:00 AM Central Standard Time. Address is 5695 Fox Creek Road Pacific, Mo. 63095. GPS coordinates are N38.50679 W090.67901

Their price of gas on Friday was $3.19 a gallon for 87 octane, $3.34 for 89 octane, and $3.49 for 91 octane. The prices at the Shell station across the street were the same but they also have 93 octane and it was $3.51 a gallon.

Weather forecast is calling for sunny skies and a high temperature of 55 degrees.

The run will be ending at the Tilted Kilt on Hwy 94 in St. Charles for food and beverages. There is a bank parking lot that we will be able to park in and not have to worry about someone damaging our cars with a carelessly opened door.

Look forward to seeing everyone tomorrow and hope that those of you who were being kept away by the possibility of rain on Saturday will now come out and join in the fun on Sunday.

Current Participants:

BLK GXP
ShowMeSky
RMFNSKY
KLR BEE
Jack19

MAYBE:

David
2KWK4U (father)

·
Registered
2,153 Posts
Hope you all have a good run. Post some pics and/or video for me!

·
Registered
351 Posts
Hope you all have a good run. Post some pics and/or video for me!
We had a good run and your Dad drove his butt off, tough to keep up with him. I took a bunch of pics and a couple of videos. I'm going to send them to your Dad on a CD.

You can also checked out the St Louis Sol/Sky page for some of the pics.

Here

·
Registered
2,153 Posts
Thanks for the link. Sent a join request for the group. Gonna have to give my dad trouble about leaving the top up all day ;)
... and braking mid-corner :lol:

1 - 20 of 20 Posts