Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

41 - 60 of 80 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Moving to St. Charles

I'm in the process of moving from Champaign, IL to St. Charles, MO - will live near Hiway 94 and Wolfrum road. I took delivery on my Solstice last Wednesday, June 7 and have been tooling around St. Charles and St. Louis ever since.

I haven't seen too many of you other Solstice owners to this point. Saw one at a QuikTrip on Jungermann Road a couple of months ago. Not sure whether it was Cool or Sly as it was night and light was not good. Saw an Aggressive on Hiway 40 around Hanley last month, and have seen an Envious at a golf course in Mahomet, IL.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Welcome to St. Charles. MO

I live in Wildwood. My father lives in St. Peters just off Highway 94. I just had my Solstice at Twisters Bar and Grill (H 94 and Wolfrum Rd). My solstice is "Sly"

Jim

·
Banned
8,656 Posts
Letumland said:
I'm in Washington
Letumland & jimkat:

I invite each of you to post to the Solstice Received Thread. That's where I get data for various lists I prepare, then others can see where you are and invite you to events in your area.

There's an easy link in my signature below. Go to Post #2 of that thread, click on the "Quote" button, and enter your data. You should then delete the "QUOTE=Gizmo]" at the beginning and the "/QUOTE]" at the end, plus the leading brackets "[" before clicking on the "Submit Reply" button. Thanks.

·
Registered
27 Posts
jimkat said:
I live in Wildwood. My father lives in St. Peters just off Highway 94. I just had my Solstice at Twisters Bar and Grill (H 94 and Wolfrum Rd). My solstice is "Sly"

Jim
I'll keep an eye out for you at Twisters. Looks like it's going to be my neighborhood bar. I'm sure you were drinking iced tea while you were there if you were driving your Solstice, right? ;)

·
Registered
28 Posts
autoengr said:
What happened to the Spring get together? :willy:

How about a ride down hwy94 to one of the wineries?

Anyone interested? :yesnod:
Soltice62 had put together a meet early may at Chuck-A-Burger. But that was cancelled because of rain. Have not heard of anything since then.
Count us in if anyone puts another one together.

·
Registered
369 Posts
A ride down 94 sounds like it would be fun. Been to most of the wineries along there and stayed in a nice B&B in Augusta. Also, stopped in a bar I think it was in Defience(sp)that was alot of fun. It is were on 94 if you don't make the S curve you will be in the beer garden of the place. Been to Balducci Vineyards, they have good pizza there.:)

·
Registered
28 Posts
JohnHeuvl said:
I'll keep an eye out for you at Twisters. Looks like it's going to be my neighborhood bar. I'm sure you were drinking iced tea while you were there if you were driving your Solstice, right? ;)
Yeah, I bet the only tea Tony Twist lets in his bar is of the long island variety.:lol:

·
Registered
27 Posts
autoengr said:
What happened to the Spring get together? :willy:

How about a ride down hwy94 to one of the wineries?

Anyone interested? :yesnod:

I was thinking that that would be a really fun ride. Count me in as well.
:cheers:

·
Registered
32 Posts
Jerseyville,Illinois

Jerseyville is a town of 7500 (at least that is what the sign says) and mine and 2 other Sols are running around town. Don't know them and I never can get them to stop. Iwent to Behlman to buy mine. The local dealer was really P.O.'d. But hey, I would still be waiting if I bought local!!! I know STL well and have had my Sol there before. Parents live on the Hill.

·
Registered
27 Posts
claybalz said:
Jerseyville is a town of 7500 (at least that is what the sign says) and mine and 2 other Sols are running around town. Don't know them and I never can get them to stop. Iwent to Behlman to buy mine. The local dealer was really P.O.'d. But hey, I would still be waiting if I bought local!!! I know STL well and have had my Sol there before. Parents live on the Hill.
Wow, Jerseyville's turned into a happenin' place! I grew up just down the road, in Godfrey, and would not have expected that high a concentration of coolness from my northern neighbor. You've got more Sols there than I've seen in St. Louis/L.A. in the month that I've had mine. I guess I've been looking in the wrong places, huh? :confused:

·
Registered
120 Posts
With hand in the air waving wildly......

I'm out in Saint Charles. Hwy 94 and O'fallon road. I just ordered the GXP and waiting for it to be built.

·
Banned
8,656 Posts
jimkat said:
Got my Solstice on St. Pats Day - I live in Wildwood.
Thanks for posting to my Solstice Received Thread.

And a big CONGRATULATIONS on getting your beautiful Sly. :party:

I've added you to the Missouri list. Just click on the "Lists of Forum Members by States" link in my signature below, then on the "Great Lakes: IL, IN, IA, MI, MO, MN, OH, WI" link in that thread to see your Solstice neighbors.

·
Registered
77 Posts
I am in Peoria, Illinois, but depending on the date might very well be able to make it to St. Louis. Expecting to get my Sol within the next few weeks.

·
Registered
14 Posts
St. Louis Meet

We'd love to drive over to St Louis, if it was scheduled in advance. I see "Solred" has said he'd like to go earlier on this Forum Thread. Solred and I live within a mile or so of each other. We found that out after we got our cars. LOL

Maybe a cruise run once we got there? or some other minimal activities? Let us know. :cool:

Mike

·
Registered
10 Posts
Condo @ Ozarks

I live in Iowa but have a condo at Lake of Ozarks/osage Beach i'd be up for anything if i ever get a car =o)

·
Registered
14 Posts
Dizman

Hey Dizman,

Whens your car expected? It seems forever when I waited for mine but its well worth it. When your headed down to Osage Beach some time let me know and maybe we can get together. We have 3 solstices in our area. Perhaps we all could run a Solstice Osage Beach "mini caravan" to St. Louis should we get invited. :cool:

41 - 60 of 80 Posts