Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I thing Bob is right on track. Start the basic solstice at around 20,000 and ad the supercharger plus to top off at 25,000. My checkbook has been out looking at a new toy. But a toy is all it is in New England. You caught my interest when I first saw the Solstice under 20,000 ??? WOW. That is the nitch. My checkbook was out. My pen was hot. Now the wait. So what would I do? Say the course. Build the basic and make the provisions to add our own after market GM goodies. But if GM is still in there parts bin and can add extras at a lower cost, well. I’m a normal American that feels that they work to much , pay to many taxes an sometime say screw it . I need to pop the top let the hair blow in the wind and go for a cruise. Isn’t that what it’s all about? PS. Also more trunk space an that's a must. Trust me.

·
Registered
151 Posts
well, besides not finding a purpose to your post, welcome to the boards where we're all in the same waiting game :thumbs

·
Registered
667 Posts
I need to pop the top let the hair blow in the wind and go for a cruise. Isn’t that what it’s all about?

I just hope the wait on this car isn't too long or I won't have any hair for the wind to blow through! :lol

·
Mod Emeritus
7,468 Posts
Welcome onboard!

Its all a waiting game for everyone. We have read all there is, heard the rumors, seen the pictures. However, the proof is still in the pudding and it will be a while before desert is served.

The car does look promising at that price, but as you said, GM has a rocky history. Will it be as good as advertised? Will it have acceptable performance? Will it be good enough to compete against similar priced competition? We'll find out in a little more than a year!

If I were you, I'd keep that checkbook in check and wait to see what they bring out. They sure seem to be trying to do things right, and maybe this is the car that really turns them around.

If you need a toy in the meantime, maybe you should look at something like a late model used Miata. If you get a fairly new but used toy, you will not lose much to depreciation and could still trade up to the Solstice when it hits the market.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts