Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After four months of problem free drivng, my GXP is back to periodically running like it is stuck in second gear. the dealer soldered the wires and had their factory rep look at it. That's when it ran great from August to October (when I parked it) and from April of this year until now). The problem is back and occurs almost every day. Shutting the car off and restarting it often corrects the problem for a day or so, but not always. I'm ready to just remove the kit at this point, unless someone out there has a silver bullet that the dealer hasn't tried.

2007 Deep in Scranton

·
Registered
7,161 Posts
Did you check the codes? If so report them here.

Also, did you check/replace the worm clamps on the intake tubes (especially the 'last' two on the driver side rubber tube? Those are a common (VERY common) failure point for tuned cars. They'll let 'bubbles' of boost air out, trip the ECM into safe mode (no boost) and then next restart they'll be OK until you hit boost again.

·
Registered
1,639 Posts
TS has pointed to the next most likely cause of your issue, since you already soldered the sensor harnesses.

The only other fairly common failure point is the OEM Intercooler. The IC may have developed a small crack in the passenger side end tank seam. Or it may have "mushroomed" in the middle.

Pictures of "mushroomed" IC:

GMPP Tune and P0101 code. - Page 2 - Saturn Sky Forums: Saturn Sky Forum

Picture of "Cracked" IC:

Removing the GMPP tune will not solve your problem. The GMPP tune is not the "cause" of any issue, short of the stupid crimp connector splices. Beyond that one GMPP tune specific problem, any other issue you have is being caused by another failure point; that has been aggravated by the higher boost of the GMPP tune.

·
Registered
7,226 Posts
did you check/replace the worm clamps on the intake tubes (especially the 'last' two on the driver side rubber tube? Those are a common (VERY common) failure point for tuned cars. They'll let 'bubbles' of boost air out, trip the ECM into safe mode (no boost) and then next restart they'll be OK until you hit boost again.
Good reason to consider the DDM T-bolt upgrade clamps, if thats the issue.
Solstice/Sky T-bolt Clamp, 2.0L

·
Premium Member
10,464 Posts
He needs to get codes to narrow the problem down.

·
Registered
728 Posts
My first thought was, has he added or make any more modification or additions since the tune, besides what was mentioned above as far as what to check.. I don't think its the GMPP tune either.....

1 - 6 of 6 Posts