Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi Guys,
Anyone got a safe method of removing an oval stain about 4" long from my canvas roof?
I made the big mistake of having Krown Rust Proofing done (never again) and as where the stain is, is where the trunk lid contacts the roof at the side when it is stored, I think this is some of that oil crap soaked into the trunk lid liner and then transferred to the roof. I don't want to use Acrysol or something like that which might bleach the canvas.
Krown might do the job, but is very expensive and they oversprayed it everywhere including the driver's seat! Every time I opened the trunk lid for at least 3 weeks after the application it ran out of the lid all over the rear paint work. Under the hood all kinds of road crap and gravel collects and sticks to it, which is not pleasant to work with under there.
Ian

·
Premium Member
3,918 Posts
I only know of the raggtopp and 303 products...

maybe there are some old threads in the detailing section that could help ?

·
Registered
5,426 Posts
IB - is it a petroleum based "substance" from the rust proofing that's on the canvas?

If so, a product called "goop" here in the states - Goop Hand Cleaner- Premium Quality Multi-Purpose Hand Cleaner -can work wonders. (My wife has used it to get grease from our molding machines off of my dress shirts because I'm a dumbass and can't quit helping out at work.) It seems to do a good job of lifting out the grease/oil. I'd try it and then use a typical canvas cleaner and then your usual "final" treatment for the top.

Let me know if I can provide more info.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts