Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,464 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Stainless Works headers CatBack now available

Stainless Works is proud to introduce our header for the 2006 Solstice. The header is all 304 s/s construction, tig welded, with a 3/8" cnc laser cut head flange, 1 5/8" cnc mandrel bent primary tubes, 2 1/2" collector, and tuned primary lengths. The header is available with a high flow metallic substrate converter and 2 11/2" connector pipe which connects to the stock exhaust, and we also offer an off road version with no converter. We will be selling the header kit with converter for $699, or $549 for the off road version. The kit includes the 02 extension harness and all required clamps. Dyno testing at Hutter's Performance in Chardon Ohio has show a RWHP gain of nearly 10 RWHP when combined with our cat back system. We believe that there is a lot of power left in dyno tuning this combination, as the stock tune is very lazy above 5000 RPM and gets extremely rich (10.8:1 A/F ratio).

The cat back is a single 2 1/2" system-it retails for $399. It has a pretty aggressive exhaust note, and exits in the factory valence opening with a single 4" rolled edge slash cut tip.

I can email anyone the dyno data in Excel if they wish to see it, but our header and cat back system made on average, 149 HP and 168 Ft Lbs. The car stock made, on average, 141 HP and 159 Ft llbs. We design headers to make good top end power AND the most area under the curve possible. The area under the curve will make the car accelerate better. I am pretty certain that a good tune will add 5-10 RWHP due to how rich the car was at WOT. And the reason we used the header and cat back together was that our reasoning was that most people that install a header will also do a cat back at the same time. The car stock made 141 avg RWHP, 159 RWFt#, with the cat back it made 144 , 163, with the header and cat back it made 149, 168. The largest gain came with the header. We wanted to dyno just the increase from the header but ran out of time and had to return the car to GM.

You may contact Brian or Allen at the following # 800-878-3635

Here is the WEB Site so you can view their work, at the moment there is nothing on the web site about the Solstice, that is the reason I am posting this information and pictures of what is been made available.

http://www.stainlessworks.net/cart/index.php

Also, any members in Cleveland are welcome by the shop any time for a tour. We also do installs and can make some great deals on the solstice parts, we well as other new vehcile header and exhaust systems we do. We can also custom fab almost anything.

Attachments

·
Registered
621 Posts
Any idea which would be better on the Sol: 4-2-1 or 4-1?

·
Premium Member
8,901 Posts
Lookin awesome. :thumbs:

·
Premium Member
10,464 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Crimson Avenger said:
Very respectable gains. I look forward to reviewing the Dyno data. Sent you a PM requesting it.

Thanks for posting this, it is very encouraging!
Here is the Dyno data in Excel spreadsheet form.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
10,464 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Russ Bellinis said:
Does it have a C.A.R.B. eo#?
It has catalictic converter, see picture, you would have to contact them for that specific information.

·
Registered
729 Posts
$700 for Headers....
$400 for Cat-Back Exhaust....
(and not including shipping and installation costs)

So, $1,100 for 141rwhp to 149 rwhp....

I'm new to this car performance modding stuff, but there is no way I would pay over $1,100 for an 8hp gain, and I would be surprised if this is considered worth it to the other folks around here!!

I admit I don't know about this tuning stuff either, but I hope this extra potential 10hp gain you speak of in tuning will be included in the price too. :cool:

- bspate -

·
Registered
4,135 Posts
bspate said:
$700 for Headers....
$400 for Cat-Back Exhaust....
(and not including shipping and installation costs)

I'm new to this car performance modding stuff, but there is no way I would pay over $1,100 for an 8hp gain, and I would be surprised if this is considered worth it to the other folks around here!!

I admit I don't know about this tuning stuff either, but I hope this extra potential 10hp gain you speak of in tuning will be included in the price too. :cool:

- bspate -
They say the cat back from GM gives 5/10 HP increase. We did get the cat back from GM and my husband said it is faster, but my dealer gave it to me at employee discount. We paid $1,000.00 including the installation for cat back, tip, tonneau, splash guards front and back ans smokers package. I think we got a heck of a deal.

·
Premium Member
10,464 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
deluke said:
They say the cat back from GM gives 5/10 HP increase. We did get the cat back from GM and my husband said it is faster, but my dealer gave it to me at employee discount. We paid $1,000.00 including the installation for cat back, tip, tonneau, splash guards front and back ans smokers package. I think we got a heck of a deal.
You need to Dyno your car, also the HP increase is at the wheels, this makes a difference, look at the dyno sheet posted by KappaSphere (similar setup as yours), there is hardly any HP increase, although the torque at the mid range seems to be improved.

·
Registered
350 Posts

Just thought that people would like to see it in a picture

·
Registered
527 Posts
bspate said:

- bspate -
Consider also that replacing your mild steel exhaust costs a pretty penny (and you'll have to replace it eventually), and then the stainless steel system that will last much much longer than OEM actually makes sense from an economical standpoint too - if you wait until it needs replaced. Of course that means the cat-back has to be stainless and I don't see that mentioned above....

Is the cat-back stainless?

·
Premium Member
10,464 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Yes it is, see the company name.

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
Would an intercooler fit in the Sosltice?

·
Premium Member
10,464 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
SlipSlider said:
Would an intercooler fit in the Sosltice?
Just look at the pictures from SEMA, and the GM Weekend Club Racer, that will answer your question.

·
Premium Member
10,464 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
TerpFan said:
Add a CAI and some cam gears you could get another 4-8 more hp!
200HP with these Mods is easily attainable, IMHO.

·
Registered
350 Posts
TerpFan said:
Add a CAI and some cam gears you could get another 4-8 more hp!
Probably a stupid question (unless you are under the thought of "no question is a stupid question, but lets face it... there are stupid questions), but what is a CAI?

·
Premium Member
8,901 Posts
SolsticeDesire said:
Probably a stupid question (unless you are under the thought of "no question is a stupid question, but lets face it... there are stupid questions), but what is a CAI?
Cold Air Intake, like the one KappaSphere and Gravana are selling soon. GM will also have a performance air intake available eventually too.

·
Registered
245 Posts
Russ Bellinis said:
Does it have a C.A.R.B. eo#?
Oh, I spoke to a CARB guy at SEMA kind-of by accident. I didn't see an ARB booth so I went to SEMA Information and it happened the guy in line in front of me was a "CARB official."

He suggested to me (without saying directly) that he was 'reviewing' a number of Company's EO#'s and getting an idea on the number of "race-only" headers that just happened to be configured to squeeeek under the radar for street-use. He flat out said it was against the law to remove an otherwise properly working catalytic converter and that they would not exempt any header that replaced or even moved the stock cat on an OBDII vehicle.

I said "Even if it passed a roller test?" and he replied, "It wouldn't pass a visual inspection so No."

I called him a Nazi and kicked him in the nutz for good measure.. just kidding
I said thank you and ran off before he could read my badge.

1 - 20 of 49 Posts