Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys, I am new to this forum and wanted to see if anybody here knows of an available stand alone harness that would make putting a Turbo 2.0 with automatic tranny 5L40E in a kit car fairly easy and straightforward. I am looking to buy a good used engine and tranny as well if you know anybody that has a low mileage combo package available.

Also, I do know of a company that does make an adapter to mate a 2.4 Ecotec to a 4L60E/700R4 - see link below if anybody is interested:
Transmissions for sale - links

but I am not sure if the bell housing pattern is the same for the 2.0. Does anybody know the 2.4 and 2.0 share the same bolt pattern and interchangeable flexplates? I would rather run the 5L70E due to it's compactness but if I can not find a simple stand alone harness then I will have to go this route.

Your knowledge is much appreciated.

Brian

·
Premium Member
309 Posts
Try and contact forum member lgrant. He was working on a project to put an LNF in an airplane.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Thank you for the suggestion. I will try to find his contact info.

Anybody else with suggestions? I did just order an adapter to mount the Ecotec motor to a 700R4 adapter so now I do not need the computer to shift the transmission since the 700R4 is a non computer shifting transmission.

·
Registered
1 Posts
HOLBROOK- I am planning this same swap, did you find out if you can run the 5l40-e on a standalone? also where did you purchase the adapter?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts