Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,210 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Just got back from dealer. We can spec out the car in GM's Autobook system. No prices yet and the order doesn't go anywhere of course. Doesn't relate to the early order process in any way I can tell, just a shortcut by having the info sitting in the system for next month I guess (maybe dealers can better confirm the purpose of it).

It did give lots of information on the standard equipment and options. I've scanned my pre-order sheets as images so you can all see what's standard. As far as options go it only shows what I have selected but I did select like 90% of the options (heck with no prices put 'em all in ;) )

As far as exterior colors goes, I looked over his shoulder and it looked like the set we have in FAQ is on target (quick glance but I don't think I saw yellow).

I'll reply a couple of times with attachments since I can only do 5 per reply.

·
Premium Member
7,210 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Options, 4 files. Keep in mind this is not a full list but is my option list but I picked 90% of them. There was some cross options mumbo-jumbo (can't get A without B).

Missing is a smokers package, XM and a few other radio options from what I remember.

Click twice for a clearer picture.

Attachments

·
Registered
45 Posts
All that for a W/A, not a bad deal. Where do I sign. Thanks for the Info, That makes me very happy to see all the power options, I was begining to think the engine was going to be a manual crank with a handle stick out of the car.

·
Premium Member
7,210 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
My favorite parts... ;)

Exterior black is called "mysterious black"
The trunk has an "illumination light" (must be a small bulb :lol: )
They had to rub that front-plate bracket in our faces didn't they :lol:

·
Registered
45 Posts
mceb said:
They had to rub that front-plate bracket in our faces didn't they :lol:
I guess I will be removing mine. I really wish they would allow only 1 plate, ughh, I have heard of many people in my Area, (Dallas, TX) getting tickets for not having the front plate. My plan is to go fast enough the cops can't tell whether or not it's there.
:)

·
Premium Member
8,901 Posts
Couple neat things.
Trunk release, power, remote, located in glove box.
Theft deternet system, PASS-Key III+
170HP @ 6400RPM & 170 lb-ft @ 4400RPM :brentil:
Rear Axle 3.91 ratio
Children are safer when properly secured in rear seat. :D

·
Registered
2,153 Posts
I'm guessing "When Available"

just a guess

·
Registered
45 Posts
How much safer are the really when tied to the back of the car in the "rear seat". Can't believe I didn't even see that. I guess that's up there with the Transmission optional statement.

·
Premium Member
8,901 Posts
mceb said:
Yea pretty bad when GM has their old HP #s in their own system :brentil: I missed the rear seat comment, funny.
I think GM's trying to ::pop:: my head, and tell me not to have children at the same time. :D

·
Premium Member
5,691 Posts
brentil said:
I think GM's trying to ::pop:: my head, and tell me not to have children at the same time. :D
We've been telling you that for months. :lol: BTW W/A means Waaaas Aaaaaa. You remember, and you thought they were trying to say What's UP?. Waaaas Aaaaa. :cool:

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
mceb said:
We can spec out the car in GM's Autobook system. .

Thanks for posting the great info. It answers many of my questions. Anyone notice the steep axle ratio? Must want us to keep our revs up so we will at least have the illusion of POWER!

·
Registered
1,844 Posts
Next line down from the legaleze comment on locking your kids in the trunk (OK, rear seat) is "Safety belts, 3 point, driver and front passenger, pillar-mounted, inboard to seat pretensioners, dual mode retractors."

So when did a roadster get pillars? Sure hope they try don't sticking on little posts to mount the shoulder straps!

1 - 20 of 27 Posts