Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've noticed that a few of the pics (on the Canadian GM site) show a start button. Anyone heard if this will be on the production model? Personally I think it would be a great touch...

·
Premium Member
8,901 Posts
Danno said:
I've noticed that a few of the pics (on the Canadian GM site) show a start button. Anyone heard if this will be on the production model? Personally I think it would be a great touch...
What you're thinking is a start button is more then likely the instrumeny panel light intensity level adjuster. Also all the images on the Canadian site I believe are of the 2002 Solstice Concept. Which is a muchhhhhh different car internally then the production one.

·
Registered
110 Posts
yeah I just checked it, there is a picture of the concept version in there with a 6speed trans and a start button! it would have been cool if they kept that with the production version!! oh well

·
Premium Member
8,901 Posts
Yeah, those are the 2002 Concept SOlstice images. The real Solstice will not have a Start Button.

·
Premium Member
5,206 Posts
Start buttons are for wusses! That's almost 64 grams of extra wiring and another thing to go wrong ('cause you still need a KEY!!!!)

Honda S2000's have start buttons. Infuriating!!! Put the key in, turn it on. THEN look at the freakin' LEFT SIDE of the steering wheel to start the car?!?!?!? BAD. Useless. More form over function.

IIRC, the boxter does too - I'm not much of a porsche fan, never have been.

·
Premium Member
5,691 Posts
solsticeman said:
Start buttons are for wusses!
:agree: to a point. In anything other than a true Shelby Cobra its just a game for marketing. Even NASCAR uses toggles, not PB's, better reliability, you know by quick glance - ON/OFF. In a $50000 luxury car that is so quiet you can't hear the engine see how long the starter lasts when drivers keep trying to start the car they think stalled :lol:

·
Registered
11 Posts
mceb said:
2002 Concept.
good grief, that explains the pictures the dealer showed me today (Canada). He was showing me the 2002 concept pictures and telling me that these are production version pictures - again, typical. The dealer did, however, give me a brochure as well. It shows, among other GM vehicles the Solstice.
Interestingly, the strip (molding) running the full width of the car right behind the seats was colour matched in one picture to the 'sand' colour of the interior. Yet in another picture on the sampe page this strip was silver. Wonder which it will be - presumably the rectangular flap in each side will open to access the hood release mechanism etc.
I'm still not clear on the interior finish. From pictures the inside door trim is shown as sand and greyish-blue. However, the seats are again 'sand' but the much darker steel colour. I'm starting to wonder what colour will the door panels, dash etc be (not the seats) if one gets the cloth seats. I'd really rather have cloth (hate the leather on my MB300 - nice, but sticky and sweaty in summer). Is everyone certain that with cloth seats the whole interior will be black (and possible grey accents)? any ideas appreciated

cheers

·
5,600 Posts
solsticeman said:
Start buttons are for wusses! That's almost 64 grams of extra wiring and another thing to go wrong ('cause you still need a KEY!!!!)

Honda S2000's have start buttons. Infuriating!!! Put the key in, turn it on. THEN look at the freakin' LEFT SIDE of the steering wheel to start the car?!?!?!? BAD. Useless. More form over function.

IIRC, the boxter does too - I'm not much of a porsche fan, never have been.
:agree: A starter button would be fun for about a week and a half, then a PITA. This car is efficient. It has everything needed and little else than necessary, for a performance roadster. Why add silly gimmicks?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts