Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well Its time for a fresh start.

As many of you know my order got dropped through the Military sales program so I have decided to start emailing stateside dealers to se what kinds of prices I can get.

I figure I will start with the car I had originally ordered and work from there the car was

Cool/Ebony, convenience, power, air, axle limited slip, antilock breaks, floor mats

I had it locked in for $20,000 through the program but running it through KBB I got: Invoice 21140.15 and Msrp 22700.00

So if I find an honest dealer I will have to shell out an extra 2700 bucks.

Now the big question for you guys if I ordered today which allocation should I try for to take delivery late Jan early Feb? The last thing I need is my car sitting at the dealer for a month getting driven and everything else while I am over here.

Mike

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
A little more background info.

I Am stationed in Savannah GA, which makes my home market east GA/south east SC. But I wouldn't mind traveling to pick up the car if the deal was good the idea of a road trip sounds pretty fun to me right now.

Heck if it got me a car when I wanted it I think picking it up at the factory would be pretty cool.

Mike

·
Registered
164 Posts
Viper,

I'm active duty too...the mil sales program was for those stationed overseas only, right?

I have mine on order from an average dealership for MSRP. I think most dealers will give you that deal...I do all my dealing long distance by telepone followed by fax confirmations. Most dealers will work that way with military, but they won't put you ahead of the line, unfortunately.

What is your state of domicile? If you come from a low/no sales tax state, Florida law lets you buy at your home state's sales tax level. Might be worth checking out dealers down there.

Good luck!

·
LOST SOL
4,675 Posts
Viper_595 said:
A little more background info.

I Am stationed in Savannah GA, which makes my home market east GA/south east SC. But I wouldn't mind traveling to pick up the car if the deal was good the idea of a road trip sounds pretty fun to me right now.

Heck if it got me a car when I wanted it I think picking it up at the factory would be pretty cool.

Mike
I am in the same boat.

I am from Stewart and lost my Sol ... they still have my deposit money. :( I am looking into the Sky, as a back up, because I will probably get a Sky quicker than a Sol. Is there a Saturn dealer on Abercorn?:confused: Take Care.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I am out of Hunter and yes there is a Saturn Dealer on Abercorn. If you are coming from Stewart then it will be just past the Lowes and Home Depot on the right.

Solace, the program is just for personnel overseas but they sold out their allocation and now GM is pulling out so that left a few of us shopping around.

·
LOST SOL
4,675 Posts
Viper_595 said:
I am out of Hunter and yes there is a Saturn Dealer on Abercorn. If you are coming from Stewart then it will be just past the Lowes and Home Depot on the right.

Solace, the program is just for personnel overseas but they sold out their allocation and now GM is pulling out so that left a few of us shopping around.
Thanks.

ENCS still has not answered my last email. They claimed that my "allotment slot" was not accepted; however, I saved my previous emails. Two weeks earlier I received an email from Dubai, which said congrats and that they had my contract / money and all was well.

I was more mad about how they handled notifying me, then actually loosing my Sol.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
MSG_McKee, did they actually cash your check? It looks like they just held mine. The rep I dealt with said from the start that it was not a guarantee to get a slot but he seemed to think it was likely or at least a good chance.

But by the beginning of Aug he was starting to change his tune a little. I think he saw the writing on the wall but didn't want to crush my hopes.

I E-mailed GM to find out if their backing out was temporary or permanent but have not had a response.

Mike

·
LOST SOL
4,675 Posts
Viper_595 said:
MSG_McKee, Did they actualy cash your check? It looks like they just held mine. The rep I delt with said from the start that it was not a guarentee to get a slot but he seemed to think it was likely or at least a good chance.

But by the begining of Aug he was starting to change his tune a little. I think he saw the writing on the wall but didn't want to crush my hopes.

I E-mailed GM to find out if their backing out was temporary or permanent but have not had a response.

Mike
My FOB is not near an ENCS store, so I was dealing with the Baghdad (Camp Victory North) location via email since June. They did not cash my check, but they emailed me on Aug 18th from Dubai and said that my paperwork was there and all was well. I was not told it was an allotment, until Sabrina emailed me on the 31st. Most soldiers were told several days earlier, so I thought that I was one of the 40.

I like the Sky as well, so I am not be too upset about the car; however, I thought this was handled poorly by ENCS. They have sold cars in this type of environment for some time, so they really have no excuse. Good luck on your car and I guess it will not be too hard to spot you, if you get one.

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
"Vegas Sly" just posted recently that s(he) just ordered a solstice from a las vegas dealership. S(he) got #3 in their first allocation and that there may be more room in the first allocation...might want to do some research there.

http://www.solsticeforum.com/forum/showpost.php?p=78468&postcount=1

You might want to PM "Vegas Sly" to get the dealership info.

·
Premium Member
7,210 Posts
Viper_595 said:
Now the big question for you guys if I ordered today which allocation should I try for to take delivery late Jan early Feb? The last thing I need is my car sitting at the dealer for a month getting driven and everything else while I am over here.
Viper, yes...I'd consider ordering now for even later delivery (March/April) just to be safe. When are you due home? Not sure if the turbo model suits your tastes but if you could wait until later next year that might be out. Just something to think about.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts