Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Static in speakers, sporadic but still there when radio is off. Thought it was me and now spouse heard the same thing. GM gremlins???? Just wait till the sun spot season.

I figured it was a new reminder system that anytime you are in a roadster you need to keep the radio on so you don't hear all the noise from the engine,ac, clanking in the rear and the wind noise permeating the top.

I gotta take a camera in to service team to capture the laughter when describing this one.

r/
Electrified in PA

·
Registered
176 Posts
Cel phone?

I've been noticing that my cel phones have been playing havoc with my auto sound system and even home and studio equipment. Even when they are not in use they send out annoying signals that cause speakers to make some unusual noises. Do you think?

·
Registered
819 Posts
ChestRockwell said:
I've been noticing that my cel phones have been playing havoc with my auto sound system and even home and studio equipment. Even when they are not in use they send out annoying signals that cause speakers to make some unusual noises. Do you think?
It would be worth a try to turn off the cell phone just to see what happens. They are basically radios, of a different type, but send and receive radio waves any tme they are on.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the advice, will turn off the blue tooth phone, saved me from the service guys humiliation.

r/
John D.

·
Registered
670 Posts
Destroy all cell phones!

Both my daughter and I have had crazy noises thru the radios in our different vehicles when the cell phone was stored too close. I hate cell phones and only carry one because I and my wife both travel and can locate each other if the need arrises. My radio does not make the noises when the cell phone is not with me. Imagine what the phone does to your head when you hold it nice and close to your ear. :brentil: :cool:

·
Registered
90 Posts
I notice a "Hiss" noise from my speakers even when the radio is off. I have to check if it's really coming from the speakers or from the CD player motor. It kind of sounds like a noisy lap top computer CD drive.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts