Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I got my low mileage 2006 Solstice about a month ago. I cannot reset the clock or program (set) stations on the pushbuttons.
Is there a connector between the radio and the display that would cause this if it had one or more bad contacts in it?
dleach
Fair Oaks, Ca

·
Super Moderator
15,999 Posts
There are several experts on the radio hanging around. I am not one, but in answer to your question, yes but highly unlikely

Which radio do you have? Is it stock?

Does the radio work at all?

·
Registered
6,763 Posts
Further to Rob's comments... we would need more details of the symptoms - what you have and haven't tried and what happened - to diagnose remotely.

In partial answer, the faceplate has it's own circuit board and buttons. The button switches are of the rubber-membrane type and could get dirty, and the could be your issue, but dunno.

Here's a couple of informational links:

faceplates...
http://www.solsticeforum.com/forum/f61/migrated-my-old-solstice-radio-faceplate-my-new-sky-usb-radio-62652/
Dismantled faceplate

and finally, getting in to the dash:
http://www.solsticeforum.com/forum/f61/how-aftermarket-headunit-replacement-15707/

·
Super Moderator
15,999 Posts
Further to Rob's comments... we would need more details of the symptoms - what you have and haven't tried and what happened - to diagnose remotely.

In partial answer, the faceplate has it's own circuit board and buttons. The button switches are of the rubber-membrane type and could get dirty, and the could be your issue, but dunno.

Here's a couple of informational links:

faceplates...
http://www.solsticeforum.com/forum/f61/migrated-my-old-solstice-radio-faceplate-my-new-sky-usb-radio-62652/
Dismantled faceplate

and finally, getting in to the dash:
http://www.solsticeforum.com/forum/f61/how-aftermarket-headunit-replacement-15707/
See, TS is an exert :thumbs::agree:

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The radio seems to work OK except for the presets and clock reset. It is the stock radio, not the satellite one.
Thanks for the quick response, especially on how to access the dash.
I'll get into it today and see if I can't find more about the problem.
I'm pretty excited about the car. Actually, I got it in December (time flies when you're having fun) and it only had 10K miles. It's like new, smell and all.
Don

·
Registered
5,003 Posts
Congrats on the ride, Don and good luck with the radio troubleshooting. Soup is the man on the things dealing with electrons. (I tend to make sparks.) lol

·
Registered
3,397 Posts
I found setting the clock and stations a little counter intuitive. It does not work on all circumstances. try this;
OK - I figured it out ( for mine anyway).
1) Ignition in accessory
2)-Radio must be turned on
3)-hit clock button a couple times until mins show (do not hold down )
4)-turn small tune knob at top right (note no other buttons work - unlike written instructions in manual)
5)-wait for 20 seconds and system will accept new time automatically - no need to hit clock again or attempt a manual set

Easy, once you learn the sequence, but tough to figure out from manual instructions.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
King-Oka,
Thanks, I think that sequence might work. When I was trying the reset I had the feeling I was missing a step or something. I read the procedure several time and followed it like a recipe.
I'll try your procedure tomorrow
Don

·
Registered
8 Posts
To set the radio station buttons:
Use the tuner knob to set the station you want (don't forget AM or FM).
When you are on the station just press and hold down the button you want to use. It will lock onto that station..

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks a ton for that winelover. It makes sense. Did I not read the manual correctly (did I read that part at all...lol)?
Don

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
All of my radio and clock setting isues are settled. Thanks to all.
Yesterday I took a 300 mile cruise through the hills of Fresno, Monterey and San Benito Counties. Once into the hills, I saw only about 30 cars in 2 hours of driving. Just terrific.
Don

·
Registered
4 Posts
I found setting the clock and stations a little counter intuitive. It does not work on all circumstances. try this;
OK - I figured it out ( for mine anyway).
1) Ignition in accessory
2)-Radio must be turned on
3)-hit clock button a couple times until mins show (do not hold down )
4)-turn small tune knob at top right (note no other buttons work - unlike written instructions in manual)
5)-wait for 20 seconds and system will accept new time automatically - no need to hit clock again or attempt a manual set

Easy, once you learn the sequence, but tough to figure out from manual instructions.
Finally. Someone who explained it well: key in, turned to ON. Turn Radio ON. Press the CLOCK symbol. Digits flash.Turn small knob with the music symbol to the left or the right to change the Hour or Minute when it is flashing. Wait until it stops flashing. Done. (this works for the basic radio/cd player.)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts