Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Read Only
3,468 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New entry from GM VP Kowaleski on GM blog.

About that Solstice…

2006 Pontiac Solstice
By Tom Kowaleski
GM Vice President, Communications

Thanks for all the response to my Pebble Beach weekend. I see we have some more bona-fide Solstice owners writing in, and I want you to know we appreciate your continued enthusiasm and completely understand your frustration and concerns.

First, thanks for your business as there's a lot of choice in the market today and you spent your money with us - a sign of your brilliance I might add! Second, I know we have an obligation to let you know what's going on with your cars. So here's what's happening. Since you are among the first owners, and we're just beginning production, we are taking extra care to make sure every car that leaves the Wilmington plant meets our quality expectations. Daily, truck loads of Solstices (Solsti?!) are departing for dealerships around the country.

Each of these cars is being carefully built and in so doing, we're taking extra time to make sure all is just right. We're paying special attention to fits and finishes, interior materials and trim, and all elements of the car's operation. And when each is ready, it's immediately shipped. Just as with any new build process, we know that as we ramp up production, our ability to do this more quickly will increase. However, at this time, we feel it's better to take the time to ensure your Solstice leaves the factory ready to run and perform at the level we intended.

The Pontiac marketing team, as noted in previous posts on this blog, continues to communicate with owners, particularly the first 1000. But they can’t get the cars out of Wilmington any faster, and they’re doing their best to explain the careful manner in which the ramp-up is proceeding that I just outlined. As they’ve pointed out, your dealer will be the best source of up-to-date information about each individual delivery. Just know that they’re rolling out as fast as we can get them out, while still meeting our (and your) very high standards.

Sorry if we are frustrating you; believe me: we are just as eager to get these cars on the road as you are. But our sole goal is to ensure you'll be a delighted owner. We want the love affair to get off on the right foot, and last. Thanks for your patience.

Posted by Editor at August 26, 2005 01:50 PM
Nice entry.

--Chemist

·
Registered
462 Posts
FINALLY! A response!

Okay, I guess I'm satisfied with that... Now I'll quit bitchin' and keep waitin'!

·
Registered
5,302 Posts
As they’ve pointed out, your dealer will be the best source of up-to-date information about each individual delivery. Just know that they’re rolling out as fast as we can get them out, while still meeting our (and your) very high standards. :devil:

there is devil in the details though.....when the dealer seems to be clueless....most seem to be trying...just not knowing where to go for the info..but there have been a few success stories so far....

·
Registered
85 Posts
PAO said:
As they’ve pointed out, your dealer will be the best source of up-to-date information about each individual delivery. Just know that they’re rolling out as fast as we can get them out, while still meeting our (and your) very high standards. :devil:

there is devil in the details though.....when the dealer seems to be clueless....most seem to be trying...just not knowing where to go for the info..but there have been a few success stories so far....
Agreed, my dealer doesn't seem to know anything and considering I know the dealer ordered to 1st 1000 Solstices with phantom buyers I can't trust them anyways. The salesman sounds nervous talking to me like he's hiding something. For all I know my car could be sitting at the dealership on display. Patience is the key I guess.

·
Premium Member
7,210 Posts
Moving over to news forum, thanks!

Sorry if we are frustrating you; believe me: we are just as eager to get these cars on the road as you are. But our sole goal is to ensure you'll be a delighted owner. We want the love affair to get off on the right foot, and last. Thanks for your patience.

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
Each of these cars is being carefully built and in so doing, we're taking extra time to make sure all is just right. We're paying special attention to fits and finishes, interior materials and trim, and all elements of the car's operation.
We know about the fits and finishes.
We know about the interior materials and trim. (Someone mentioned color problem with the two-tone trim interior)
All elements of the car's operation. What's that about? Here's where I would focus the delays. What does this mean? Any thoughts?

Since you are among the first owners, and we're just beginning production, we are taking extra care to make sure every car that leaves the Wilmington plant meets our quality expectations.
I'm concerned that the post "First 1000" won't be as high of quality as the "First 1000". Am I being paranoid or not?

·
Registered
397 Posts

·
Registered
600 Posts

·
Registered
8,257 Posts
vindication (?)

so maybe everybody that bashed me yesterday...........

I'm not saying my note to Lori Queen spawned this blog...but maybe it helped

·
Registered
135 Posts
Well done!

How often might a customer get the attention of a large manufacturer...and get a direct response that addresses the concern(s)...withouth suing for a blazillion? Again, GM, well done.

·
Premium Member
5,849 Posts
Nothing like teamwork!

·
Registered
192 Posts
Might Be

todd_raleigh said:
I'm concerned that the post "First 1000" won't be as high of quality as the "First 1000". Am I being paranoid or not?
Yes, I think you may be just a little paranoid. Look they came out with a statement, they all know (GM) this forum is not just about the first 1000, it is for every Solstice they make. This little community has spoken, they have listen and responded. I trust every Solstice that comes out of that factory will be given the same attention as the first 1000.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Thanks GM

Chemist said:
New entry from GM VP Kowaleski on GM blog.

Nice entry.

--Chemist
Just a note to say Thanks for the communication Mr Tom Kowaleski.

·
Registered
87 Posts
I am very happy to get A response out of gm! I look forward to receiving my car very soon. I find it a bit curious though that he says in the blog that truckloads of solstices are leaving daily. If this truly is the case I would think that more of us would recieve confirmation that our cars have "Left The Building" and started to arrive at the dealerships. Again thanks goes out to GM for trying to help keep us informed.

#441 sly

·
Premium Member
7,210 Posts
Chemist said:
Sorry for the misplacement. Live and learn. :yesnod: :)
No biggie, we don't get much real news so we have to corral what we can :lol:

·
Registered
137 Posts
When I went to preorder the solstice in May the first agent I spoke to didn't know what a solstice was. Then I spoke with the manager and he got me going.

Dealers for information? I like solsticeforum.com!

·
Registered
2,060 Posts
Yeah! certainly all the reading they do over here should tell them that 98% of their dealers are CLUELESS!

For crying out loud GM, just SIGN UP here and post what's going on... direct and to the point. Telling us to go to our dealers for information is hopeless. I'd get better information at a Mazda dealership than I would at a Pontiac dealership.

·
Registered
1,213 Posts
SD SOL said:
WOW! That's kinda creepy...
Take a look at what I wrote this morning.
http://www.solsticeforum.com/forum/showpost.php?p=74463&postcount=57

Not to toot my own horn or anything - it's just kinda weird.

Hey...maybe GM stole my idea!?
Do ya s'pose I've got royalties comin'? ;)
Na NA noo noo Na NA noo noo .. You have just entered the Twilight Zone.....

I guess being paranoid is its own reward and "just because you're paranoid doesn't mean they aren't out to get you". But don't forget this is a marquis vehicle for Pontiac. They HAVE to get it right and do so right from the beginning. We are all tired of waiting, but do we just want the car because we want our new toy and we want it now! Or are we looking at keeping this car for a LONG TIME. I fall into the latter category, hence want the car to be done right. :thumbs:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts