Pontiac Solstice Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,053 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay, I'm curious as to what the steering wheel looks like if you get the 'Convenience Package', but do NOT get the 'Premium Package'. I have yet to see this combination. My fear is that it would have one spoke silver and the other black.

Now that the third cupholder mystery has been solved, I think this is one of the few items left that's unknown.

Does anyone know of any pictures that exist or do any of our 'insiders' know anything? Attached are pics of a stock steering wheel and one that has both the Convenience & Premium Package.

Attachments

·
5,641 Posts
stang said:
Okay, I'm curious as to what the steering wheel looks like if you get the 'Convenience Package', but do NOT get the 'Premium Package'. I have yet to see this combination. My fear is that it would have one spoke silver and the other black.

Now that the third cupholder mystery has been solved, I think this is one of the few items left that's unknown.

Does anyone know of any pictures that exist or do any of our 'insiders' know anything? Attached are pics of a stock steering wheel and one that has both the Convenience & Premium Package.
The same stering wheel is going in to the G6. We have a G6 GT Coupe in stock, with cruise control without steering wheel controls. Both horizontal arms are silver, the right just has no controls. Perhaps it will be the same with the Solstice.

·
Premium Member
4,053 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That would be great! I had this horrible feeling that it would just have one silver spoke. I really wish I could get the leather steering wheel, but I HATE leather seats. :( Damm packages. How does the G6 coupe wheel feel. I've seen the stock G6 sedan steering wheel and it looked and felt really cheap. Is the coupe different?

·
Registered
157 Posts
I believe they are only putting the new three spoke wheel in the GTP G6's. The other models stick with the original steering wheel.

·
Registered
121 Posts
My wife has an 05 G6 with the leather (and just about everything else). The wheel looks like the four spoke pictured above is the same, but with the leather package feels really nice. We've had to take it in for service (stupid panoramic sunroof) and the loaner base G6 wheel felt like crud.

·
Registered
120 Posts
steering wheel

The G6 steering wheel in the GTP coupe is leather and feels good in your hands.. an aside, I drove the GTP 6 speed. front end gets light under acceleration and the shift pattern is vague between 2nd and 3RD. It accelerated better than I expected with the 3.9 engine.

I HOPE THEY FIX THIS IF THIS WILL BE THE TRANNY FOR THE SOLSTICE GTP (?)

·
Registered
245 Posts
stang said:

of the two sol's that i have seen, one had both the conv. and the prem. packages, and the other had just the conv. package. the steering wheel still had silver on both side, but controlsonly on one side(left side) for the cruise control. pre-production models but hopefully the same on production models. :)

·
Registered
245 Posts
i couldn't get close enough to touch it but i certainly hope they didn't cheap out on it. :(

·
Registered
245 Posts
i think that it looked better than one with all controls.(not so cluttered) the cloth seats looked good from what i could tell. again, didn't get to close. but from what i saw everything looked good. wish i could have seen it with the roof up though. :D

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
Small Dealer said:
The same stering wheel is going in to the G6. We have a G6 GT Coupe in stock, with cruise control without steering wheel controls. Both horizontal arms are silver, the right just has no controls. Perhaps it will be the same with the Solstice.

Hey Small Dealer. I assume that the stereing wheel controlls on the G6 are illuminated. I can't imagine that they would not be, but sometimes you just never know.......

·
5,641 Posts
stang said:
Did GM improve a product in one year?
C5Vette said:
I believe they are only putting the new three spoke wheel in the GTP G6's. The other models stick with the original steering wheel.
PAS22 said:
Hey Small Dealer. I assume that the stereing wheel controlls on the G6 are illuminated. I can't imagine that they would not be, but sometimes you just never know.......
Yes, the 2006 sedans started with the carry-over 4 spoke but now all production uses the three spoke.

When I get a chance I will give you a report on feel and illumination.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.