Pontiac Solstice Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
#250 of the first 1,000
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I will be purchasing an aftermarket steering wheel, but I can't find anyone that makes an adapter hub that is confirmed to work.

Has anyone gone to an aftermarket wheel, and what did you use for an adapter hub?

·
Administrator
9,484 Posts
I will be purchasing an aftermarket steering wheel, but I can't find anyone that makes an adapter hub that is confirmed to work.

Has anyone gone to an aftermarket wheel, and what did you use for an adapter hub?
Welcome to the forum. I know there have been some swaps to Corvette steering wheels, but haven't seen as much about aftermarket.

Edit: There is this post: Black Friday Sale from ZZPerformance! Any others?

·
Premium Member
2008 Pontiac Solstice GXP - Mysterious
1,537 Posts
Welcome to the forums Jesster.
You looking to keep the air bag and all the steering wheel controls for street?
SoCal Customs makes one.
There is also an eBay vendor that has been indicating a return of in stock in December..
-or-
after market wheel (deleting airbag etc)?

·
Registered
#250 of the first 1,000
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ty for your replies.
I will not be utilizing an airbag with this build. ☺
I will be going with a 320 mm aftermarket steering wheel with no airbag.
I will be sub locating the display controls from the stock steering wheel to the dash.
I do not desire a quick-release I would simply like an adapter hub. And it seems like no one makes one for our vehicle.

·
Premium Member
1,537 Posts
From this link here posted by forum member Chiffonte:

"Solved! After some research, the NRG SRK-177H short hub adapter (for a Cobalt) fit on the Solstice clock spring, albeit with a little surgery to the clock spring. If I had to do it all over again, I would recommend just pulling the clock spring and column cover out and welding on a quick release."

Save Share

·
Administrator
9,484 Posts

"Solved! After some research, the NRG SRK-177H short hub adapter (for a Cobalt) fit on the Solstice clock spring, albeit with a little surgery to the clock spring. If I had to do it all over again, I would recommend just pulling the clock spring and column cover out and welding on a quick release."

Save Share
If the airbag and SWCs are going away there is no need for the clockspring except for the cam that cancels the turn signals.

·
Registered
#250 of the first 1,000
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

Save Share
I had seen this come up when I did the initial search, but I was hoping to find an actual direct bolt on instead of something I needed to do surgery for... Not that I object, but the fact that he recommended not doing it that way and using a welded on quick release was my reason for not utilizing that method. I don't want a quick release, I would prefer not to have to weld something on, and I would like a clock spring to cancel my turn signals.

I appreciate all the responses and hope that there is someone that has successfully used an aftermarket steering wheel with our vehicle that simply utilized a plug-and-play adapter.

·
Premium Member
1,537 Posts
I had seen this come up when I did the initial search, but I was hoping to find an actual direct bolt on instead of something I needed to do surgery for... Not that I object, but the fact that he recommended not doing it that way and using a welded on quick release was my reason for not utilizing that method. I don't want a quick release, I would prefer not to have to weld something on, and I would like a clock spring to cancel my turn signals.

I appreciate all the responses and hope that there is someone that has successfully used an aftermarket steering wheel with our vehicle that simply utilized a plug-and-play adapter.
Sorry not the answer you were looking for. I am not a member personally but if you haven’t already, check the Sky forums as there may be greener pastures for your search?

·
Registered
#250 of the first 1,000
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Sorry not the answer you were looking for. I am not a member personally but if you haven’t already, check the Sky forums as there may be greener pastures for your search?
I have already been snooping on their forum as well, ty. I will keep looking until I either find one, or realize that I will have to go the custom route.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts