Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
5,641 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Steel/Sand Leather Compatibility

Unfortunate fresh news this morning. :nonod:
Please be advised that optional Steel/Sand (312) leahter seating surfaces with either Envious (38U) or Aggressive (74U) exterior colors has been placed on constraint until further notice.

Also those heading out today, please keep in mind that OnStar is also on constraint at this time. So it should be unavailable for at least the EOP cars and maybe the beginning of regualr production.

Pardon my spelling in the title, a little early.

·
Registered
121 Posts
PhatPhelix said:
Ugh... Well, no early order for me then. Hope they get it right sooner rather than later.
Just got off the phone with my delear and he hadn't heard about that. He's checking on it now.

·
Premium Member
8,901 Posts
Could it be possible to still order OnStar as part of the EOP but they just hold finishing your car for a while? Because the last date of delivery is Oct 25th, and they keep saying availability for some options is Sept 2005.

·
Registered
80 Posts
putrfixr said:
Just got off the phone with my delear and he hadn't heard about that. He's checking on it now.
Yeah, my dealer just called me about 15 minutes ago. He's checking on it for me, too. I don't have high hopes, though, because yesterday he called the car a "Solsteeece" and said only 3000 will be made. :willy: Has a DVD waiting for me, though. :cool:

By the way, I'm upset about the steel/sand leather w/envious paint, not OnStar.

·
Registered
338 Posts
Small Dealer said:
Unfortunate fresh news this morning. :nonod:
Please be advised that optional Steel/Sand (312) leahter seating surfaces with either Envious (38U) or Aggressive (74U) exterior colors has been placed on constraint until further notice.

Also those heading out today, please keep in mind that OnStar is also on constraint at this time. So it should be unavailable for at least the EOP cars and maybe the beginning of regualr production.

Pardon my spelling in the title, a little early.
Morning fellow Dealer...pasting the exact quote....

"Solstice Constraint on Steel/Sand Leather Interior with Aggressive (Red) or Envious (Green) Exterior Colors ... please be advised that optional Steel/Sand (312) leather seating surfaces ordered with either Envious (38U) or Aggressive (74U) exterior colors have been placed on constraint until further notice. Further updates will be provided soon. Vehicles ordered with these two exterior colors are available with standard Ebony cloth (19B) or optional Ebony (192) leather seating surfaces." Calling in to see why/when it will be lifted. There goes my Red on Sand.

·
Premium Member
8,901 Posts
The word constraint jsut seems funny to me in this usage. I keep thinking like there's some important art person somewhere yelling "but tan doesn't go with green!!!" And at the same time like it's some sort of engineering issue. Like "oh know, these tan seats don't fit correctly once the green paint has been put on, what ever shall we do?"

·
Registered
80 Posts
heheheh yeah, I can't tell if I should be discouraged or hold out hope. And of course anyone who's ever owned any roadster from British Leyland knows that tan most certainly does go with green!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Steel Tan with Green

Well, I DID get one of the first 1000. It is my intent to order the Green with the Steel-Tan interior. So, please, please, please keep this thread alive with any information that comes forward. The word "constraint" seems strange to me as well. :confused: I have not associated a VOM with my order and have demanded that the dealer not finalize the order until this is remedied. So, as soon as any of you know, please let me know...either here or through direct email.

Capt. Jack
Future Solstice Owner - 1st 1000

·
Registered
1,570 Posts
Capt. Jack said:
Well, I DID get one of the first 1000. It is my intent to order the Green with the Steel-Tan interior. So, please, please, please keep this thread alive with any information that comes forward. The word "constraint" seems strange to me as well. :confused: I have not associated a VOM with my order and have demanded that the dealer not finalize the order until this is remedied. So, as soon as any of you know, please let me know...either here or through direct email.

Capt. Jack
Future Solstice Owner - 1st 1000
I'm in the same boat with you. I want green with steel/sand, but put my order in with green and ebony because the system wouldn't take green/steel/sand. I was told that I have a window of opportunity to change it should the steel/sand become available before they go to build it. I cannot think of any good reason why they would restrict the color combos. Can anybody with inside contacts explalin this to me?

·
Premium Member
568 Posts
There is one solution... order the car with the slate seats and then have someone sew in the saddle color.

·
Premium Member
5,691 Posts
package said:
There is one solution... order the car with the slate seats and then have someone sew in the saddle color.
Or get together with someone with an acceptable exterior color that wants black and, even though a ton of work, SWAP INTERIORS.

·
Registered
1,570 Posts
achieftain said:
Or get together with someone with an acceptable exterior color that wants black and, even though a ton of work, SWAP INTERIORS.
I had thought of going straight to the parts department and ordering all the sand color parts, because I think I would like black and tan even better (maybe because I like the black and tan drink too :cheers: ) than the steel/sand, but then I thought of tearing that dash apart, and the door panels, and the center console, and having the new centers sewn in, and now I'm not so sure. It's still a possibility because I did sign up for the green with ebony.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts