Pontiac Solstice Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
At the request of his wife and with great personal sorrow, this is to let the Kappa community know that Stephen “SolNut” Mers from Arkansas passed away last week. Steve was a much loved and respected member of our group from its very beginning. He was honored at the 9th North American meet for having attended all nine events and he was registered for all eleven events that have been held to date. From the time we first started thinking about holding NASSAM 2016 in Arkansas, SolNut provided a ton of behind-the-scenes organizational help including preparing color-coded maps detailing his thoughts on literally every road in northwest Arkansas, making suggestions for Things-to-Do in the area, and donating many of the items that were auctioned / raffled off. The white Solstice Coupe in the NASSAM 2016 logo was his car. Several of us have been in regular contact with Sherry, and she is doing well under the circumstances.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,395 Posts
Solnut will be greatly missed. Our thoughts are with his family. The kappa community has lost a wonderful person.

·
Premium Member
4,262 Posts
Always enjoyed reading his insight on forum topics our community has lost a great member may God be with you !

·
Premium Member
686 Posts
This is such sad news. He was a wonderful man, and a pillar of our Solstice community. I remember fondly how welcoming he was the first time my wife and I showed up for a Razorback Run. He made sure to always brag about his amazing coupe. I will be praying for his family, and remember him with great memories in Arkansas.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,042 Posts
I do not think I met the gentleman, but I am sure he is looking down on all his Kappa friends, smiling about the wonderful comments. Rest in peace.

·
Premium Member
17,526 Posts
SSG Mers we salute you

Attachments

·
Premium Member
10,475 Posts
May he rest in peace, my condolence to his wife and family.

·
Premium Member
3,386 Posts
Yes, may he rest in peace. My condolences to his wife and family.

·
Registered
3,609 Posts
Oh lord no! Our deepest condolences to his family, had Stephen been ill?

·
Premium Member
555 Posts
I know I picked up a thing or two from SolNut through his posts on the forum. I'm sure we're all sadden in our own way by his passing. My condolences to his family.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts