Pontiac Solstice Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just talked with my dealer and he said I'm still sitting at 3300. This is making me quite upset because my order was accepted on 8/23. :brentil: That's cool that all these other people in 1st allocation are getting VIN numbers and stuff but I'm getting pretty pissed that mine still hasn't moved to at least 3400. The stupid Customer Service phone number doesn't help either since they're not allowed to give out individual information anymore, or at least that's what I was told last week when I called. I'm generally a pretty patient person but I'm getting sick and tired of being jerked around like this. With all of the cars sitting in the parking lot over there you would think they'd be getting these things moving to the customers!!! Oh well, I'm going to try to calm down and go back to work. (That's just going to piss me off even more though so I don't know if that's such a good idea but I do need to work to have money to pay for this car WHENEVER it arrives.) :rant:

·
Registered
4,135 Posts
simmonsmb said:
Just talked with my dealer and he said I'm still sitting at 3300. This is making me quite upset because my order was accepted on 8/23. :brentil: That's cool that all these other people in 1st allocation are getting VIN numbers and stuff but I'm getting pretty pissed that mine still hasn't moved to at least 3400. The stupid Customer Service phone number doesn't help either since they're not allowed to give out individual information anymore, or at least that's what I was told last week when I called. I'm generally a pretty patient person but I'm getting sick and tired of being jerked around like this. With all of the cars sitting in the parking lot over there you would think they'd be getting these things moving to the customers!!! Oh well, I'm going to try to calm down and go back to work. (That's just going to piss me off even more though so I don't know if that's such a good idea but I do need to work to have money to pay for this car WHENEVER it arrives.) :rant:

I would try to customer service again ! I've called twice this week and they called down to the department and got info. I think it depends on who you get on the phone. Ask them nicely to call down that you have had it done before, most will.

·
Registered
21 Posts
If it makes you feel any better...

If it makes you feel any better I ordered and placed a deposit on April 16th. My order was 'picked up' by GM 8/16(event code 3000) and I've been sitting there ever since!!! At least you are at event code 3400...better than where I'm at!!

:willy: <--going crazy waiting for my solstice!

·
Registered
174 Posts
I totally understand your situation. I have been at 3000 since 8/16 and I have called Pontaic support a couple times and still do not no when my car will be put into production. I have just learned that patience is the best thing we can do and hopefully this will all works itself out.

I also placed and gave my deposit on April 17, I wish mine would move to 3400 :willy:

·
Registered
233 Posts
buckeyewilky said:
I totally understand your situation. I have been at 3000 since 8/16 and I have called Pontaic support a couple times and still do not no when my car will be put into production. I have just learned that patience is the best thing we can do and hopefully this will all works itself out.

I also placed and gave my deposit on April 17, I wish mine would move to 3400 :willy:
Well, let us all commiserate together. My car was built in July, shipped out on August 5th, made it to Birmingham which is an hour from me, stayed a week and then was sent back to the plant in Delaware.....I haven't heard anything from my dealer in over 2 weeks and no one seems to know where my car is. Pontiac support and GM both tell me to talk with my dealer who then tells me to call the DBC...... :leaving: The silence is deafening!

·
Registered
174 Posts
I would not want to be in your shoes. Specificaaly when you can't get any info from both parties. That is complete B**l S**T. Somebody needs to step up to the plate and put a tracer on the car and give you some answers and I would demand that!!!!!! :brentil:

I can't believe that a company as big and powerful as GM ,can not help with your situation. If I did this to one of my customers, they would be definatley looking at a new supplier.

·
Registered
70 Posts
mssleepr said:
Well, let us all commiserate together. My car was built in July, shipped out on August 5th, made it to Birmingham which is an hour from me, stayed a week and then was sent back to the plant in Delaware.....I haven't heard anything from my dealer in over 2 weeks and no one seems to know where my car is. Pontiac support and GM both tell me to talk with my dealer who then tells me to call the DBC...... :leaving: The silence is deafening!
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Between you mssleepr & novagrl82, I don't feel so bad. I was picked up 8/30
and I am also holding at 3000. (ordered 6/16). Hang in there, it won't be long now. -
:)
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
SLY--Everything except onstar, XM, & smokers package.

·
Registered
2,060 Posts
When did you order? Just cause it was accepted (3000) on 8/23 doesn't mean it should be made by now.

My LAST time at 3000 was 8/20 however, I've had my order placed since 6/2 and the FIRST time I hit 3000 was 6/29... I hit 3000 a total of 5 times.

So if you've only recently ordered, you can't expect your car to be done soon, you'll probably cycle a few times. However, if you ordered way back in April or something then I would definitely be calling to find out what is going on. Could be your location has something to do with it too. It seems that they tried to get a lot of cars to the North at first for people to enjoy but now they're focusing on the South so we can enjoy some top down fun before it gets too cold.

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
I placed my order on April 15th right after I didn't get one of the 1st 1000. So my order's been at the dealer since then. He told me on 8/18 it was picked up by GM and on 8/23 it was confirmed at e.c. 3300. I've not moved up since then.

·
Registered
846 Posts
Just went 3800

My car 1306 just went 3800. It was ordered accepted 6/16, 3000 2nd time on 8/17 and 3800 on 9/14. My dealer says that their 2nd pre1000 car has yet to arrive. Any idea how long it is taking cars to go from 3800 to 5000?

·
Registered
2,060 Posts
simmonsmb said:
I placed my order on April 15th right after I didn't get one of the 1st 1000. So my order's been at the dealer since then. He told me on 8/18 it was picked up by GM and on 8/23 it was confirmed at e.c. 3000. I've not moved up since then.
I think it's your dealer jerking you around.

If you've got your VOM# send an email to cricket and see what's REALLY up.

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
dori-san said:
If you've got your VOM# send an email to cricket and see what's REALLY up.
I did just that yesterday. He replied back to me that as of 9/28 I'm at 3400! This makes me very happy. So now I have a clue as to when my car might be produced. One step closer!!!

Thanks Cricket!!!!! :cheers:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts